Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obviously difficult for us to say anything about Marvin that isn't under-informed bullshit, but if I had to point to one thing that might consistently signal bad things for his playoff outings it's that he has consistently encouraged players to forget previous failures.

"It's a new team, none of that matters, yadda yadda..."

It downplays the significance of the football game. The same thing happens with the prime time games. In the playoffs and in prime time, the competition is typically strong -- and any mindset which downplays the significance of that battle strikes me as one likely to result in flatness and even overconfidence.

It's obviously difficult for us to say anything about Marvin that isn't under-informed bullshit, but if I had to point to one thing that might consistently signal bad things for his playoff outings it's that he has consistently encouraged players to forget previous failures.

"It's a new team, none of that matters, yadda yadda..."

It downplays the significance of the football game. The same thing happens with the prime time games. In the playoffs and in prime time, the competition is typically strong -- and any mindset which downplays the significance of that battle strikes me as one likely to result in flatness and even overconfidence.

Thanks for saying that.

I was screaming this after last year's playoff loss.

Denial is a terrible thing. Own it. Deal with it. Learn from it and improve. Downplaying it is not a good trait for a team that wants to be a winner.

well, here's to hoping they give Mr Katherine Webb the opportunity to earn the starting spot in 2015

but

I'm not gonna lay the blame for this one fully on Dalton. There is plenty of blame to go around

No, but he was every bit a part of it again - can't make plays under pressure, plays scared, doesn't seem to care at all about anything, 4.4 ypa, 155 yards passing, no TD's, fumble lost, batted-down passes at the LOS, no nothing just like last week.

It's just reached the point of pure apathy with this franchise, I don't care all that much, expected a loss today, expected Dalton to struggle, and he did. The 0-line was just as bad, and the defense lacks talent, but what can you do when your offense continually goes 3-and-out the entire game? No defense can stop a team under those conditions.

Dalton isn't to blame for the loss, but he definitely didn't do anything to win the game either. When you're out a bunch of receiving targets, that's when you need your quarterback to be at his absolute best. I don't hate the guy, but I also don't think he's good enough.

wow I cant believe what I am reading here, you guys are pathetic, keep on blame on wrong things, there is only 1 reason why Bengals did not win today, no Green and Gresham. those 2 guys is the only reason Bengals lost today, anyone thought Bengals can win without those 2 guys are delusional.

I thought Dalton did good job with what he have. for guys who is mad that Bengals abandoned rushing, you think Bengals is playing against vegetable??? Colts know Bengals have nothing but rushing so they prepared for that so Bengals have no choice but to abandoned the rushing.

I am tired of hear things like need to fire Marvin Lewis and other stuff like that, YOU ARE A FUCKING FAN NOT FRONT OFFICE, all that whine u did mean nothing but annoying some of us.

wow I cant believe what I am reading here, you guys are pathetic, keep on blame on wrong things, there is only 1 reason why Bengals did not win today, no Green and Gresham. those 2 guys is the only reason Bengals lost today, anyone thought Bengals can win without those 2 guys are delusional.

I thought Dalton did good job with what he have. for guys who is mad that Bengals abandoned rushing, you think Bengals is playing against vegetable??? Colts know Bengals have nothing but rushing so they prepared for that so Bengals have no choice but to abandoned the rushing.

I am tired of hear things like need to fire Marvin Lewis and other stuff like that, YOU ARE A FUCKING FAN NOT FRONT OFFICE, all that whine u did mean nothing but annoying some of us.

You think AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham, in a playoff game, account for at least a 17 point swing? Because that's what it'd take.

Uh-Oh

Duck Dimster! Here they come!

Why come on here and read it?

Do you talk to people in person this way? Just curious.

Yea I can't blame Dalton today, the WR could not get open at all. The whole team including coaches were not ready, the game plans were awful! Sure we can blame injuries, they suck, but I don't feel for them, others need to step up and they didn't its that simple! Sorry I can't blame injuries, they play in the NFL step up and play, you find a way to win and they didn't, that simple!

Who even know with all the guys healthy if they would have won!

Come on Cincy. Like you guys say over and over, it's a forum.

For guys to vent and say many times emotional rants and raves.

It's his right. No?

Do you have to be on her 10 years before you get a pass?

You think AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham, in a playoff game, account for at least a 17 point swing? Because that's what it'd take.

Nope, it will be more than that, with those 2, Bengals will have better early start, Colts will play catch up, 2nd half Bengals will rush alot more to kill time, Colts maybe made some mistakes under pressure that result in INTs

Remember when Palmer, Benson, Chad, and the vaunted Bengals defense dominated the Jets in January, 2010?

Remember when Dalton, Bernard, Green, and the vaunted Bengals defense dominated the Chargers in January, 2014?

Yeah I don't care about injuries. Excuses.

It's his right. No?

being here for 10 years before you get a pass is a moot point anyway, I have been here more than 10 years anyway lol

Remember when Palmer, Benson, Chad, and the vaunted Bengals defense dominated the Jets in January, 2010?

Remember when Dalton, Bernard, Green, and the vaunted Bengals defense dominated the Chargers in January, 2014?

^^^^This

Excuses will always be there.

It's his right. No?

being here for 10 years before you get a pass is a moot point anyway, I have been here more than 10 years anyway lol

Well then you should know better! lol

really u dont care about injuries excuses? ok what about Steelers vs Bengals playoff at 2005?? is it a excuse or a fact that bengals lost that one because of injury to Palmer?

Nope, it will be more than that, with those 2, Bengals will have better early start, Colts will play catch up, 2nd half Bengals will rush alot more to kill time, Colts maybe made some mistakes under pressure that result in INTs

Could be. Or maybe Dalton would have forced the ball to AJ in coverage and been picked off. Maybe Gresham would have fumbled. Maybe they would have both been splendid for the first time in their playoff careers and the defense would have magically generated anything close to a pass rush. I have no idea. It's definitely not self explanatory.

This team is fully capable of playing inept offense with or without those two players, and I am inclined to assume given past history that they'd have made too little a difference today to result in a victory. Which is to say that no, those injuries were absolutely not the only reason the Bengals lost today.

It's his right. No?

Well then you should know better! lol

I asked a question and got a question. That's all I need to know.

What is this 10 years stuff? Plenty of posters have been here less than 10 years.

really u dont care about injuries excuses? ok what about Steelers vs Bengals playoff at 2005?? is it a excuse or a fact that bengals lost that one because of injury to Palmer?

Most probably, since it was the second play of the game when he went down it's hard to say for certain.