Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

Change it at the top. Marvin has exhausted his chances, time to start it fresh before more players potential are wasted, languishing on this team under the current conditions.

Which would be who's responsiblity?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Clearly, it's up to Mike Brown. And he's shown no inclination of making the hard decisions. His modus operandi is to have just a good enough team to run his franchise as an "almost" team.

Almost there, maybe next year. Slight hope, a handful of elite level players. But nothing ever enough to be better than "almost".

Yes it was rhetorical king. So all these great ideas that everyone is coming up with mean nothing unless who changes their ways? (Another rhetorical question)

Which makes him and his family the common denominator! No?

What would you like them to do? The Brown family.

Well cincy, after 47 years, I doubt whether they will change anything significantly, and they won't sell the franchise, so it's status quo.

I'm not changing teams so I guess I'll continue to ride the bus! How about you?

Right. So we can all agree what the common denominator is.

I'd like them to change a bit of their philosophy on how they deal with contracts. Will that happen? I don't know. It certainly seems to me that they have a tendency to feel obligated to hold onto guys who are non-productive for the complete duration of their deals...AND start those players. That has to change.

But at the end of the day, we'll all be back here and from time to time make false threats that we're going to stop being fans.

It is what it is.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change it at the top. Marvin has exhausted his chances, time to start it fresh before more players potential are wasted, languishing on this team under the current conditions.

Clearly, it's up to Mike Brown. And he's shown no inclination of making the hard decisions. His modus operandi is to have just a good enough team to run his franchise as an "almost" team.

Almost there, maybe next year. Slight hope, a handful of elite level players. But nothing ever enough to be better than "almost".

Yes it was rhetorical king. So all these great ideas that everyone is coming up with mean nothing unless who changes their ways? (Another rhetorical question)

Well cincy, after 47 years, I doubt whether they will change anything significantly, and they won't sell the franchise, so it's status quo.

I'd like them to change a bit of their philosophy on how they deal with contracts. Will that happen? I don't know. It certainly seems to me that they have a tendency to feel obligated to hold onto guys who are non-productive for the complete duration of their deals...AND start those players. That has to change.

But at the end of the day, we'll all be back here and from time to time make false threats that we're going to stop being fans.

It is what it is.

So then we agree! What are we debating? lol

I think Hue is off to Atlanta. Marvin will stay and appoint an OC from within.

Um. No. Nobody is hiring Hue Jackson.

Probably not after this debacle.

Disagree, Falcons would like to make the playoffs again some day.

I'll drive to your house, do a dance, and give you a 5 dollar bill if they hire Hue Jackson.

It is what it is.

I'm not debating anything. I just wanted to know what you think the Brown family should do. That's a question, not a debate.

I don't believe any current coach could have taken today's Bengals lineup (lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball) and win a playoff game. I

agree with the posts stating that there are quite a few players who have stayed past their usefulness.

Dalton is serviceable if everything falls right or against subpar competition but is incapable of taking a game over when necessary against

quality teams - that won't ever change. He needs superstars around him to be successful.

I don't think Marvin and Co. will clean house. I think they will assign complete blame to the injuries and stay their

current course. A fan's only hope is that it might work out if they luck into some true difference makers in the draft and the missing players

return in great form.

So I do feel bad for Dalton for having some really crappy WR out there, but would having everyone out there make a difference? It hasn't before?

This is a freaking playoff game, you would think somebody would step up for this team, but year in and year out its all the same!

You would think they would focus on that run game which didn't happen!

You would think at least 1 WR would step up, they didn't

You would think the coaches would make adjustments when needed they didn't!

Once again they don't look ready to play, coaches game plans are awful.

Things need to change, but they won't

It is what it is.

I'm not debating anything. I just wanted to know what you think the Brown family should do. That's a question, not a debate.

My bad. I thought you said it was pointless and nonsense to talk about the Browns, even though all the things we think are wrong with the team depend on them to do or not to do.

My bad. I thought you said it was pointless and nonsense to talk about the Browns, even though all the things we think are wrong with the team depend on them to do or not to do.

I was trying to throw you a bone so you didn't beat your head against the wall. Alot of us have been on here for 10 plus years. Trust me, we've discussed the Brown family over the years.

Hudy is crap beer, but if you like it...

Almost any professional level QB is "serviceable" if everything falls into place. That's no way to operate, if your goal is to win. But since the Brown family has no directive to truly field an excellent team, nothing will change.

Thus ends another futile exercise being a Bengals fan. Good for business for the Brown family, but the poop end of the stick for us loyal, longtime fans.

I was trying to throw you a bone so you didn't beat your head against the wall. Alot of us have been on here for 10 plus years. Trust me, we've discussed the Brown family over the years.

Hudy is crap beer, but if you like it...

Never going to happen. This was just a football game. Men getting way too much money to play a game that no matter how many millions they make there will always be enough die hard fans to support their careers.

It's in its proper perspective here cincyhokie.

BTW, you don't think after 47 years, as a Bengals fan, and 9 years, before that, as a Browns fan, that I don't know how predictable this family is?

For me personally, I'm just glad I'm not still a Browns fan!