Bengals @ Colts Game Thread

Stripes

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what is the common denominator in all of that???? THE BROWN FAMILY

You can identify that fact, but you'd also need to point to what exactly the Brown family has done to create this problem. Dalton detractors may point to statistics or individual moments of trouble. Marvin detractors may point to perceived personality traits or his win-loss record. Etc.

What have the Browns not done or done poorly to contribute to this 2014 playoff loss?

It's not some supernatural "curse" afflicting the franchise, that's nonsense.

I've got one.

Being too overly loyal to deadweight players.

I honestly don't agree with that, but I would assert that they've been too loyal to the head coach.

And what is the common denominator in all of that???? THE BROWN FAMILY

You can identify that fact, but you'd also need to point to what exactly the Brown family has done to create this problem. Dalton detractors may point to statistics or individual moments of trouble. Marvin detractors may point to perceived personality traits or his win-loss record. Etc.

What have the Browns not done or done poorly to contribute to this 2014 playoff loss?

It's not some supernatural "curse" afflicting the franchise, that's nonsense.

I've got one.

Being too overly loyal to deadweight players.

I honestly don't agree with that, but I would assert that they've been too loyal to the head coach.

Peko? Geathers?

Change it at the top. Marvin has exhausted his chances, time to start it fresh before more players potential are wasted, languishing on this team under the current conditions.

Which would be who's responsiblity?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Clearly, it's up to Mike Brown. And he's shown no inclination of making the hard decisions. His modus operandi is to have just a good enough team to run his franchise as an "almost" team.

Almost there, maybe next year. Slight hope, a handful of elite level players. But nothing ever enough to be better than "almost".

Change it at the top. Marvin has exhausted his chances, time to start it fresh before more players potential are wasted, languishing on this team under the current conditions.

Clearly, it's up to Mike Brown. And he's shown no inclination of making the hard decisions. His modus operandi is to have just a good enough team to run his franchise as an "almost" team.

Almost there, maybe next year. Slight hope, a handful of elite level players. But nothing ever enough to be better than "almost".

Yes it was rhetorical king. So all these great ideas that everyone is coming up with mean nothing unless who changes their ways? (Another rhetorical question)

Which makes him and his family the common denominator! No?

Well I thought Hues game plan would be different, but it really sucked.

They get away from the run, no Gio and Hill in on the same play, just seems like a waste of time to me

Came out great mixing in Rex, but they have not even tried the same stuff that was working since the first quarter

Yes it was rhetorical king. So all these great ideas that everyone is coming up with mean nothing unless who changes their ways? (Another rhetorical question)

What would you like them to do? The Brown family.

They get away from the run, no Gio and Hill in on the same play, just seems like a waste of time to me

Does this get Hue a job in Buffalo?

Only if McDonald's is hiring.....

Nailed it.

Crap effort. Crap plan. No playmakers. No "next man up" mentality.

Embarrassing and inexcusable.

Marvin should not get a pass just because guys are out.

What would you like them to do? The Brown family.

Well cincy, after 47 years, I doubt whether they will change anything significantly, and they won't sell the franchise, so it's status quo.

I'm not changing teams so I guess I'll continue to ride the bus! How about you?

So I started doing laundry when they went down 20-10 and forgot to take the brand new red shirt out of the basket that my son got for Christmas. It's a Toy Story shirt with Woody on the front. I really like those movies by the way.

Anyway, the clothes all turned a nice shade of pink and Mrs. ArmyBengal was none to happy with me.

What does this have to do with the game ?? Nothing, but i'll find more joy in wearing my pink socks tomorrow than I did watching this team today.

If they have the money when thinking about the cap AND anticipate the cap growing, they really should go ahead and cut bait with Dalton.

He's simply not good enough in not being able to push the game down the field in any capacity.

The Bears look to take a MUCH bigger hit getting rid of Cutler, should that happen.

Marvin should be held accountable for what has happened. Yes, he has gotten this team to turn itself around from the days of the 90's, but you play for postseason victories and a Super Bowls. For a roster that has been viewed as being very talented (when most aren't hurt) they always come up short. I think of the Bucs when they got rid of Dungy and brought in Gruden who took them to a Super Bowl win.

Agree wholeheartedly with them needing to cut load on some of these guys that should have been gone a while ago.

Stop with the over the top loyalty to these guys and move on. You draft young guys to get them to play, but they lack in that.

I'm surprised they got this far at all considering the injuries, but this is really disappointing.

One last thought before I got throw some clothes in the dryer:

F*CK YOU JERMAINE GRESHAM. F*CK YOU IN THE ASS WITH A BROOMSTICK TWICE.

Nailed it.

Crap effort. Crap plan. No playmakers. No "next man up" mentality.

Embarrassing and inexcusable.

Marvin should not get a pass just because guys are out.

Correct, correct, correct!

Reality, he will be coaching in 2015! Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I think Hue is off to Atlanta. Marvin will stay and appoint an OC from within.

Um. No. Nobody is hiring Hue Jackson.

Probably not after this debacle.

I didn't think anyone would want Jay Gruden and then he got hired. Who knows.

I know I didn't want Gruden after last years loss.