Bengals @ Patriots Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the Boston area today and was listing to the New Hampshire ESPN station. The guy was taking the Bengals while the lady was taking the Pats due to Andy's issues with prime time and the teams "questionable play calling" this season.

Really. They're 3-0. I know you're a homer but that lousy prep work there missy.

Last info from the injury report for Friday on the dot com :-

Brandon Thompson, DT - OUT

Vontaze Burfict, LB, - Doubtful (DNP)

Marvin Jones, WR - Doubtful (DNP)

Kevin Zeitler, G - Doubtful (DNP)

Margus Hunt, DE - Questionable (Limited Practice)

Rex Burkhead, HB - Proabable (Full Practice)

Robert Geathers, DE - Probable (Full Practice)

George Iloka, S - Probable (Full Practice)

Emmanuel Lamur, LB - Probable (Full Practice)

AJ Green, WR - Probable (Limited Practice)

Mike Pollack C/G - Probable (DNP)

Clint Boling (Vet Day), Andrew Whitworth (Vet Day), Sean Porter (Full Practice) - all with no status showing

Questionable play calling ?? Was she watching tape of last season ??

There's this oddball line of thought going around about the Bengals offense not being able to score and having to rely on trick plays like the Sanu pass to get points. Walterfootball for example has been pimping it hard. Maybe that's it.

Just a couple of observations from the coverages for today's game in NE. The release of Kenbrell and non activation of browner are really puzzling moves in a long line of weird decisions.

I think Brady has run his clock out in NE. And if I were him, I'd be less than thrilled with how the team has handled their moves and plans over the last 18 months. He's accepted a team friendly contract in order for them to field weapons that should keep them competitive. But they've not really done much to make good. Hernandez being a thug murderer, Gronk being a walking ER visit, letting Welker walk, relying on 2nd rate wide outs, trading Mankins, trading Mallett, letting Blount walk, etc.

It all feels very much like they've hit a long term reset button for the offense. Kind of a set afire to all things around Brady and let him go up in smoke. He then appears diminished, they gain leverage to move him out. Reset. But really F Brady, no one is weeping about his demise, whether architected or real.

Anyways, I wager the bengals lay waste to the pats tonight, in a 31-17 game that belies in score the utter domination by the Bengals. And still a Bengals team that is without key players...

Well no Burfict or Jones, really would have liked to have been full strength tonight. I still think this game is going to be crazy tough to win, against this desperate home team. Let's hope bengals mindset is right tonight, and think the same way. The Pats have won 31 straight against AFC oppenents in October at home. It's not the same Pats team, but they still have Tom Brady, and he didn't forget how to play football. I do think a win here will go along way, so I don't care how just go win!

Matchsticks keeping the eye's open as we countdown to kick-off.

hoping for a win rather than a pretty performance.

Enjoy the game guys cheers.gif