Bengals @ Patriots Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the real weapon was a guy playing in Pittsburgh now, Legarette Blount. The Pats averaged almost rushing 215 yards in those three games and Blount's individual numbers were stupid: 439 yards combined.

Bellicheck's reaction? I don't need this guy, I can do it myself with a plug and play guy off the street or depth from our roster. He's an evil genius slowing morphing into a guy who's just evil.

I'm really hoping Marvin Jones and Burfict make it back for this game.

I don't want to see anyone rushed, but they will certainly be needed.

Burfict more than Jones, but still needed nonetheless.

Army, even without Burfict, based on what you've seen from both teams so far, do you believe they will win, assuming they don't lay a primetime egg?

I don't care that the Patriots sucked Monday night, they are still a Tom Brady led team. While that might not hold as much weight as it once did, I still think it bears on the converstaion. If Jones doesn't play, i'm not as concerned, as I think this offense is still pretty potent and able to change things up with all the weapons they possess. Burfict however, is just a difference maker when he's on the field. He's an enforcer and motivator that is hard to replace.

Can they win without him against the Pats in Foxboro ?? Sure they can, but I would simply feel more comfortable about it with Burfict in the lineup.

With that being said, I don't want to see them rush him back either. I'd rather take our chances without him than to see them force it and it get worse.

I don't care that the Patriots sucked Monday night, they are still a Tom Brady led team. While that might not hold as much weight as it once did, I still think it bears on the converstaion. If Jones doesn't play, i'm not as concerned, as I think this offense is still pretty potent and able to change things up with all the weapons they possess. Burfict however, is just a difference maker when he's on the field. He's an enforcer and motivator that is hard to replace.

Can they win without him against the Pats in Foxboro ?? Sure they can, but I would simply feel more comfortable about it with Burfict in the lineup.

With that being said, I don't want to see them rush him back either. I'd rather take our chances without him than to see them force it and it get worse.

How confident are you that they can overcome the past, not lay an egg, and walk away from Foxboro 4-0?

Pats injury report from yesterday, via the Boston Globe:

Though the Patriots held a walkthrough, they were required to submit a practice report. New England listed offensive lineman Cameron Fleming and defensive back Nate Ebner as not participating, both because of finger injuries.

Linebackers Jamie Collins (thigh) and Dont’a Hightower (shoulder), cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (shoulder), and defensive end Chandler Jones (shoulder) were listed as limited participants. Tight end Rob Gronkowski (knee) was listed as a full participant for the first time this season.

How confident are you that they can overcome the past, not lay an egg, and walk away from Foxboro 4-0?

We will break them.

They will be left as quivering, unmanned lumps of flesh, wailing on the sideline.

And we will sail home on a river of their salty, salty tears.

Cincinnati Bengal-Ditkas 5,000,000, New England Patrifluffies negative infinity.

I'm very confident in them walking away at 4-0.

I want to see them win in primetime, but if they don't, I don't think it will have to do with the past.

It will have to do with them not executing. The concerns will be back in regards to Dalton playing when the lights are brightest as well.

I don't think that has much to do with the past, but rather gameplan and execution.

Outside of that, i'm leaning more towards this game being controlled by the Bengals more than the score may indicate.

Think of the week one win against the Ravens. The Bengals dominated that game and had they converted even a single TD instead of FG, it's a blowout.

Bengals win 24-17.

I'm very confident in them walking away at 4-0.

I want to see them win in primetime, but if they don't, I don't think it will have to do with the past.

It will have to do with them not executing. The concerns will be back in regards to Dalton playing when the lights are brightest as well.

I don't think that has much to do with the past, but rather gameplan and execution.

Outside of that, i'm leaning more towards this game being controlled by the Bengals more than the score may indicate.

Think of the week one win against the Ravens. The Bengals dominated that game and had they converted even a single TD instead of FG, it's a blowout.

Bengals win 24-17.

Personally, given the current shape of their O-line, I don't see the Pats scoring 17 points.

It's the Pats in Foxboro. They are tough there and have been for quite some time. I would hate to think the team may overlook that fact based upon what they saw happen on Monday night IN Kansas City. The Foxboro crowd will make things as difficult as they can for the Bengals as well.

Again, I still think the Bengals win this game, but I won't be one of the ones thinking the world is ending if they don't.

17 points wouldn't really surprise me, but neither would seeing them score 10 or less.

It's the Pats in Foxboro. They are tough there and have been for quite some time. I would hate to think the team may overlook that fact based upon what they saw happen on Monday night IN Kansas City. The Foxboro crowd will make things as difficult as they can for the Bengals as well.

Again, I still think the Bengals win this game, but I won't be one of the ones thinking the world is ending if they don't.

17 points wouldn't really surprise me, but neither would seeing them score 10 or less.

I do not see them NOT executing and I still think if they can overcome the lights and the wilting underneath, they win, regardless.

IF, for some reason they DO execute and DON'T wilt, and still lose, it's not a big deal. Wilting would not be good because they take 2 steps back if that happens and it's more of the same.

Bengals win the coin toss and defer.

The Pats come out on offense with something completely unexpected that puts the Bengals on their heels. They march down the field decisively and score. Pats are up fast, 7-0.

The question, then, is whether or not this Bengals team is really changed. If so, they bounce right back and win this thing 27-13.

If not, then we could be in for a long night.

On the first play from scrimmage, Geno Atkins crashes through the line, strips the football from Tom Brady and rams it down his throat. He then uses Brady's lifeless body as a club to beat all the other Patriots players senseless, then carries it into the end zone and spikes the corpse six feet down into the turf, head first.

He is subsequently fined $12,367 for using the ball as a prop in a touchdown celebration.

On the first play from scrimmage, Geno Atkins crashes through the line, strips the football from Tom Brady and rams it down his throat. He then uses Brady's lifeless body as a club to beat all the other Patriots players senseless, then carries it into the end zone and spikes the corpse six feet down into the turf, head first.

He is subsequently fined $12,367 for using the ball as a prop in a touchdown celebration.

How confident are you that the fine will be $12,367?