Rodney Harrison

Wraith

What is this dudes problem with our team? Dungy has some nice things to say about us and Harrison gives a snort of derision and goes on to talk about the Balimore Ravens....really what is that dude's problem he is coming off sounding like a vinegar-based female hygiene product.

What is this dudes problem with our team? Dungy has some nice things to say about us and Harrison gives a snort of derision and goes on to talk about the Balimore Ravens....really what is that dude's problem he is coming off sounding like a vinegar-based female hygiene product.

He was more positive last week and we all stared at each other in disbelief when he was done considering it was against his Chargers team.

It's all about Andy I guess.

I suppose when we beat Pittsburgh next week it will be "well the AFC North was weak this year".

By the way I was looking back at this year and the number of myths that were broken. Bengals can't beat Pittsburgh....twice in a row. Bengals can't win on prime time...won Monday night vs. the Steelers. Can't beat good QBs, beat Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger, Luck, Stafford, Rivers...well can't beat good QBs on the road, see the Lions and the Chargers. Speaking of Brady, can't beat New England.....um wrong. Broke long time droughts vs. the Colts and the Bills in Buffalo. If we can finish the deal by beating Baltimore and the Steelers this will be a pretty memorable year no matter what happens in the playoffs.

Another pet peeve.....the national media has all but given the Patriots the #2 seed, perhaps they do not realize that the Bengals beat the Patriots and thus hold the first tie-breaker and are only one game behind them in the standings. When the Patriots lose next week to a surging Dolphins team that has everything to play for will the media still think the Patriots have the #2 seed in the bag?

I can't recall right now where I saw it, but I had to laugh when I read the Bengals when still in the playoff "hunt".

Like they aren't going to even make the playoffs or something.

Hello, 2 game lead with 3 left.

I know the Ravens beat us the first go round, but I don't expect them to come in here and do the same.

Hell, they got lucky winning yesterday.

For some, the Bengals will always be the Bungles and it will forever be that way.

Yup. I still remember TKO on TV a few years back being asked if the Bengals would ever win a Super Bowl. The expression on his face was the same as if he'd been asked if the moon was made of green cheese.

I do get it. The organization has been so dysfunctional for so long that dismissing the Bengals out of hand became a habit. And habits are always hard to break. But I think they are doing it, albeit slowly.

None of which changes the fact that Harrison and Bruschi can eat a bag of d*cks, of course.

Last I checked though the Bengals made the playoffs in 2005, 2009,2011, 2012, and....2013 barring an almost unprecidented collapse. That will be 4 years out of the past 5 and 5 times in the last 9 years in the playoffs and likely 3 times in the last 9 years winning the division. The 90's ended 14 years ago wouldn't you think it would be time to move on? They don't treat New Orleans like that any more, nor do they treat Tampa like that after long runs of losing football. Heck even Arizona and Detroit get more respect than the Bengals do and they have been futile much more recently.

Without Kimo von-Criminal destroying Carson's leg in 2005 we would have beaten the eventual Super Bowl Champions. It is very annoying but I guess more wins will have to start earning respect...right?

I can't recall right now where I saw it, but I had to laugh when I read the Bengals when still in the playoff "hunt".

Like they aren't going to even make the playoffs or something.

Hello, 2 game lead with 3 left.

I know the Ravens beat us the first go round, but I don't expect them to come in here and do the same.

Hell, they got lucky winning yesterday.

IN the hunt? Really? Well f**k me, I guess there's a slim chance we might claw our way to a 6th seed if we play our cards right. One thing you can pretty much count on with the sports media is that any conversation including the Bengals is going to be f**king stupid. If people want to doubt us, fine, there's things to doubt, but if we're going to use the most cliched possible verbiage, can we at least make sure it actually fits the f**king discussion? The media are f**king ****s. :angry:

Last I checked though the Bengals made the playoffs in 2005, 2009,2011, 2012, and....2013 barring an almost unprecidented collapse. That will be 4 years out of the past 5 and 5 times in the last 9 years in the playoffs and likely 3 times in the last 9 years winning the division. The 90's ended 14 years ago wouldn't you think it would be time to move on? They don't treat New Orleans like that any more, nor do they treat Tampa like that after long runs of losing football. Heck even Arizona and Detroit get more respect than the Bengals do and they have been futile much more recently.

Without Kimo von-Criminal destroying Carson's leg in 2005 we would have beaten the eventual Super Bowl Champions. It is very annoying but I guess more wins will have to start earning respect...right?

I think it's less about the Bengals and more about the person doing the analysis. And the sports media is full of ex-athletes who played against Cincy when they were horrible. Take Harrison as an example. He played for the Chargers from 1994 to 2002, then for the Pats until 2008. That means he played nine games against the Bengals -- and Cincy lost all but one of those contests. Most were ugly, too, anywhere from 13- to 29-point blowouts. So that's where his head is at regarding the Bengals. It's no excuse, he's an analyst now not a player, but I think this shows he hasn't made that leap yet.

It's good though. Remember how un-hyped the struggling Ravens were going into the playoffs. It's going to take a playoff win. PERIOD. Then the Bandwagon will shoot up like a Bitcoin. They are the most complete team in the NFL. No doubt. Not winning a playoff game since 91 is a haunting stat.

I also saw comments about how "odd" it was that the Bengals were watching the scores of the other games after they beat the Colts Sunday.

Really ?? They found it "odd" that the team wants to see if the Patriots lose and they vault into the #2 seed ??

Yeah, what the hell are they thinking with that ?? God knows that getting a first round bye in the playoffs sucks.

F*cking clowns.

More comments to note ??

On ESPN there was a poll about what do you make of the Bengals 42-28 win over the Colts ??

The answer ?? 57% of those responding state the Colts aren't really that good.

A team that just clinched their division isn't really that good ??

When asked if the Bengals are Super Bowl contenders, 68% say no.

I can see why people love the Broncos with Manning and the Patriots have Brady, but to dismiss them is crazy.

I hope the Bengals are paying attention that no one thinks much of them.

Makes it more sweet to go into Pittsburgh and beat them up.

I don't think a loss proves them right to be honest.

Many still think, while acknolwedging they have issues, that an Andrew Luck Colts team is still pretty good.

Losing to the Steelers at home in prime time wouldn't, in and of itself, equate to the Bengals sucking.

The naysayers might think and say that, but they would still be wrong.

I don't think a loss proves them right to be honest.

Many still think, while acknolwedging they have issues, that an Andrew Luck Colts team is still pretty good.

Losing to the Steelers at home in prime time wouldn't, in and of itself, equate to the Bengals sucking.

The naysayers might think and say that, but they would still be wrong.

Yeah, what did Lou Holtz say? "You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose."

I would think that goes for your opponents as well.

Not that I put much stock in power rankings, but our old friend Brian Billick actually moved the Bengals DOWN a spot in his rankings, after manhandling a team that's 8-4 and won their division. <_</>

Hahahahaha!

It makes sense. All I keep hearing is how dangerous the Ravens are. I mean everyone has a hard on for the Ravens.

Too bad they suck on the road and now play division leaders the next 3 games. Looking forward to them being eliminated.