3rd Round: Shawn Williams

ArmyBengal

Not the safety i wanted from Georgia though, i wanted Rambo. Oh well i guess if this is who Zimmer wanted, but still not the best safety still there.

Was highest rated on NFL.com and would seem Zimmer thinks he is the best safety for our team so I'll trust in him.Time for Depth And Steals,Hopefully we can get a kick returner.

PS,God is this the worst QB Class ever or something? still only 3 off the board.

Well, that rounds out everything I wanted them to take except LB, so I'm a pretty happy Bengal fan at this point. Don't think we reached too much with any of our picks and I like how we now draft BPA over need without ignoring the latter. All in all, good s**t.

From nfl.com:

"Strengths

Physical in-the-box safety with an overall muscular build that translates well to the next level. Attacks gaps as a blitzer, has the speed to get into the backfield in a hurry to disrupt plays. Strong tackler, can throw down smaller running backs or larger tight ends with authority. Not relegated to the box, often in single or two-deep alignments and capable of moving well in short areas. Reads quarterbacks well in zone and closes to hit receivers as they are catching the ball. Intimidating in the middle, puts his shoulder into the chest of receivers to separate the ball.

Weaknesses

Will go for the big shoulder hit or a cut block at times instead of wrapping. Gets locked up in the run game when failing to out-quick linemen or rip off more aggressive receivers. Lacks the ball skills and hands to come down with many interceptions. Doesn't have the lateral agility to consistently stay with tight ends or slot receivers."

Yup, definitely sounds like a Zimmer SS.

Not the safety i wanted from Georgia though, i wanted Rambo. Oh well i guess if this is who Zimmer wanted, but still not the best safety still there.

Was highest rated on NFL.com and would seem Zimmer thinks he is the best safety for our team so I'll trust in him.

PS,Time for Depth And Steals...Hopefully a Returner.

We got our returner with the little guy in my avatar :sure:

This was all about need. A pretty big reach if you believe some rankings. However his rep is that he's smart and Nelson wasn't doing so hot running the show on the field last season. He got better once they brought Crocker back and let Chris resume on-field generaling.

Was highest rated on NFL.com and would seem Zimmer thinks he is the best safety for our team so I'll trust in him.

PS,Time for Depth And Steals...Hopefully a Returner.

We got our returner with the little guy in my avatar :sure:/>

Sweet :> so all we need is a SLB to develop and rest draft picks can go Oline and maybe Paul Alexander will finally develop a late round linemen.

Geno, AJ, also from Georgia. Now we've got a 1st round dog, 2nd round dog, and this is our 3rd round dog.

Well geno was a 4th round dog same as Geathers >.<

Dogs on the team

97 Atkins, Geno Georgia

65 Boling, Clint Georgia

80 Charles, Orson TE Georgia

91 Geathers, Robert Georgia

18 Green, A.J. Georgia

74 Roland, Dennis Georgia

This was all about need. A pretty big reach if you believe some rankings. However his rep is that he's smart and Nelson wasn't doing so hot running the show on the field last season. He got better once they brought Crocker back and let Chris resume on-field generaling.

Can you trust a rookie safety to call the plays back there?? That was a huge problem last year till Crocker came back, im hope Williams can, like i said he did a good job at Georgia of doing that, so hope he can do it here. If not i wonder if they will bring a guy like Rhoads in.

Can you trust a rookie safety to call the plays back there?? That was a huge problem last year till Crocker came back, im hope Williams can, like i said he did a good job at Georgia of doing that, so hope he can do it here. If not i wonder if they will bring a guy like Rhoads in.

sorry but i cant ignore it anymore, is there a reason why u say Rhoads maybe 100 time by now? his name is Rhodes

sorry but i cant ignore it anymore, is there a reason why u say Rhoads maybe 100 time by now? his name is Rhodes

No the bengals had Kerry Rhoads in for a visit, but didnt sign him, so im just saying im wondering if they will sign a guy like that, and let Williams learn from him, or will they let Williams start.

No the bengals had Kerry Rhoads in for a visit, but didnt sign him, so im just saying im wondering if they will sign a guy like that, and let Williams learn from him, or will they let Williams start.

look at this link ;) http://www.nfl.com/player/kerryrhodes/2506460/profile

i know who u are talking about whole time, since his visit to bengals :)

Mayock was the only draft talking head who had a "6th round grade" on Williams, every other source/draftnik had him in 2nd-4th area. So for most of the free world, he went where he was supposed to.

As between he and his running mate at S at Georgia, Lewis pointed to the fact that Williams was the one making the calls back there. He also said the Bengals already have their all-over-the-field safety in Nelson, and in-the-box-safety was a need.

Mayock was the only draft talking head who had a "6th round grade" on Williams, every other source/draftnik had him in 2nd-4th area. So for most of the free world, he went where he was supposed to.

As between he and his running mate at S at Georgia, Lewis pointed to the fact that Williams was the one making the calls back there. He also said the Bengals already have their all-over-the-field safety in Nelson, and in-the-box-safety was a need.

Werd. I admit that I know little of Williams, but most of the reads on him I've seen seem to suit precisely the manner of SS that Zimmer has always favored. All he needs to do is beat out Taylor Mays and various other bad players. I am optimistic.