Manti Teo

walzav29

There is a chance he is available to Cincy at #21. Obviously they need LB help. He was considered the best going into that disaster Alabama game followed by this bizaar story.

As weird as the story is. Is it as bad as a felony? Does anyone like Manti as a player?

I think you have to question his mental abilities after this bizarre incident. His football skills seem solid, not spectacular to me, kind of reminds me of another overhyped LB currently the MLB for the Bengals.

There is a chance he is available to Cincy at #21. Obviously they need LB help. He was considered the best going into that disaster Alabama game followed by this bizaar story.

As weird as the story is. Is it as bad as a felony? Does anyone like Manti as a player?

I think you have to question his mental abilities after this bizarre incident. His football skills seem solid, not spectacular to me, kind of reminds me of another overhyped LB currently the MLB for the Bengals.

+10. The guy is obviously stupid. I don't care what his ACT score is or whatever. When it comes to common sense/street smarts, whatever you want to call it, this youngster ain't making it.

I know he's big, but why couldn't he play OLB? He's a good cover guy. I don't see any issue with Burfict playing outside either.

He's grossly overrated. Overruns plays just like Rey and struggled with shedding blocks against Bama big time. Don't want him.

I don't disagree that he's overrated, but if he falls far enough...I can't say that he's going to be a "bad" NFL LB, and he's probably an instant upgrade to any of the LB's on this roster, which is what my concern is.

But, hopefully there are some better options, wish this team would find a real MLB, Safety and Center for starters.

I know he's big, but why couldn't he play OLB? He's a good cover guy. I don't see any issue with Burfict playing outside either.

He's grossly overrated. Overruns plays just like Rey and struggled with shedding blocks against Bama big time. Don't want him.

I don't disagree that he's overrated, but if he falls far enough...I can't say that he's going to be a "bad" NFL LB, and he's probably an instant upgrade to any of the LB's on this roster, which is what my concern is.

But, hopefully there are some better options, wish this team would find a real MLB, Safety and Center for starters.

Burfict is the "real" MLB. Hopefully Safety is addressed in FA or the draft. Center is a position that I'm not terribly worried about like everyone here seems to be.

I think LB could certainly be the pick at #21.

It depends on what position they think Burfict is the better fit I think.

If they want to keep him on the outside, draft a MLB like Olgetree.

If they want to move him to the middle, draft an OLB like (name your player).

I can't say as i'm "terribly" concerned with drafting a Center. However, I won't pretend the position is not in need of an upgrade.

When you can not only upgrade that starting spot but the depth at all three spots, it's a win win for all involved.

What happens when one of the current starters goes down ?? What depth do we have ??

It's what makes Jones so appealing to me.

That being said, there are many ways they could go and I have and will continue to give arguments for any and (almost) all positions.

LB, DE, WR, RB, S, OC

Seriously, there isn't a position that is going to make me mad from those 6 I listed for our first round pick.

The player at those positions is another story and where I can't say I really like Teo.

I just skyped Manti Teo to ask him about his interest in playing for the Bengals. One thing lead to another, and now we're engaged.

:cheers:/> That's too funny.

I don't think he'd be a good fit here. I saw him as high as No. 2 overall on Kiper's board before Kekua-gate and I was stunned. I saw him play quite a bit this year and he had a great season but there were times where he would get swallowed up. I honestly think he is a later first rounder at best and more likely a second or early third rounder. I just don't think he translates too well to the NFL. Maybe Im too harsh but I hope they go after someone else at LB beside him. Besides I don't want to deal with the national scrutiny and commentary about his phone-a-friend issues. No distractions, please!

If they just HAVE to go with a MLB with their 1st round pick, I would prefer Ogletree out of Georgia.

Teo has put up some really good numbers, but I can't say as i'm overwhelmed when I look at the indivual games and against which teams he has done better against. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a solid/average MLB in the league, but I don't think he's going to be a guy that is capable of taking over a defense and putting them on his shoulders.

I would rather have the mentality of Burfict at MLB than the mentality of Teo.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Florio, NFL teams are not convinced that Teo is not gay and that they're trying to discern that before deciding on whether to draft him. Basically a lot of teams would be hesitant to bring in an opening gay guy and the ensuing baggage that'd entail.

/>http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/florio-nfl-teams-want-to-know-if-manti-teo-is-gay/