Bengals @ Redskins Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say, I did enjoy seeing probably the best deep ball we will see all year. Sanu wasn't kidding about being a better passer than Tebow, that was 49 yds in the air in perfect stride. And kudos on the play call there. I do think we got a little cute at times, but the aggressiveness on offense is encouraged. Also, I will be saying this a lot, I was wrong when I said dont draft AJ Green at #3 overall. Andy looked as good as I have ever seen him, Gresham looked like he is finally at full speed, Hawkins is dangerous every time he touches it, and the line actually pass protected pretty well. The run blocking was abysmal though.

On defense, not many teams have 3 lineman like Atkins, Dunlap, and Johnson. They have a chance to be special. Geathers on the other hand is a former average player who is past his prime. Also, he doesnt tip his pizza delivery guys, but thats not the point here. Linebackers are the weakest point of this team and that will need to be addressed. Safety play was actually better with Clements back there. Hes not as natural at that position, but hes under control and thats what this team needed. CBs could have been worse, though I still argue Pacman is overrated in coverage. He has the tools but takes some bad chances and bites too often. Wouldnt be a big problem if you could trust the safeties.

All in all, a win is a win and I am glad to have it. This game should have been a blow out though. They couldnt block Atkins, Dunlap, and Johnson, and couldnt cover Green, Hawkins, and Gresham. We dominated this game but stupid mistakes, bad officiating(wtf was with the 4th timeout to avoid the runoff the refs called), and just being outcoached kept the Redskins alive.

Couple of random notes, I felt a little bad for Griffin, the Redskins need to alter that offense or he wont survive the season. He was getting up slower and slower. What is best for his numbers this year aren't always what is best for him in the long run. And while I was never one to hate Carson(really could care less about him and its past so time to move on), He sure took steps to get back on the good side of cincy today.

All in all, a win is a win and I am glad to have it. This game should have been a blow out though. They couldnt block Atkins, Dunlap, and Johnson, and couldnt cover Green, Hawkins, and Gresham. We dominated this game but stupid mistakes, bad officiating(wtf was with the 4th timeout to avoid the runoff the refs called), and just being outcoached kept the Redskins alive.

Has that 4th timout been addressed? The ref announced the 10s runoff and then let the game resume without the clock being changed. He never made another announcement that he'd changed his call nor did I see Marvin throwing a fit, so what exactly happened there? Did the ref just not know the rules? Even with a 10s runoff the Redskins were getting a break as they could not have run another play that quickly

The Bengals won this game even though they:

-threw a pick 6 on the road

-lost the turnover battle

-couldn't run the ball

Forget the mantra that you can't be good in the NFL if you can't run the ball. It's a luxury to be able to run the ball. There have been a lot of good teams recently that don't run. The recent championships from NE, Pitt and GB all came from teams with very little running game.

Without going back through 30 pages of chat, is anyone else at the stage where when they hear the name Maualuga they begin to throw up ?? Inability to shed blocks, inability to read plays, inability to run down a play, inability to tackle. Well, in fairness you can say he tackles the sh*t out of guys already on the ground.

Hey Rey, it's easier to play when you aren't on your back.

Without going back through 30 pages of chat, is anyone else at the stage where when they hear the name Maualuga they begin to throw up ?? Inability to shed blocks, inability to read plays, inability to run down a play, inability to tackle. Well, in fairness you can say he tackles the sh*t out of guys already on the ground.

Hey Rey, it's easier to play when you aren't on your back.

I paid particular attention to Rey during yesterdays game. Bottom line is he's slow. We're talking worse than white guy slow. By time he makes his move the play is already past him and heading downfield. Personally I think he's a huge liability even having him on the field.