Bengals @ Redskins Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win. Bad play at times. I hate this team right now...and I hate Marvin Lewis.

He could be handed a 6 touchdown lead before the first kickoff and not know what to f**king do with it.

Yes they actully dominated this game except for the 3rd quarter, unreal if they could have just came up with a couple of stops its a different game. It really looks like when the bengals get a lead Zim takes his foot off the gas, and they kept hitting guys in the middle of the field it was real ugly.

Whatever a win is a win, but they really need to learn to play with momentum and without momentum. Never take your foot off the gas!!

All this Zimmer stuff, but if you watch, he's still stunting and blitzing upfront, but his slow LB's and DB's are all playing deep. He's counting/hoping that his guys (Dunlap/Johnson/Atkins) win their matchups and make a play. His personnel is fairly awful, they did not do enough in the offseason defensively.

Good win. Bad play at times. I hate this team right now...and I hate Marvin Lewis.

He could be handed a 6 touchdown lead before the first kickoff and not know what to f**king do with it.

Yes they actully dominated this game except for the 3rd quarter, unreal if they could have just came up with a couple of stops its a different game. It really looks like when the bengals get a lead Zim takes his foot off the gas, and they kept hitting guys in the middle of the field it was real ugly.

Whatever a win is a win, but they really need to learn to play with momentum and without momentum. Never take your foot off the gas!!

All this Zimmer stuff, but if you watch, he's still stunting and blitzing upfront, but his slow LB's and DB's are all playing deep. He's counting/hoping that his guys (Dunlap/Johnson/Atkins) win their matchups and make a play. His personnel is fairly awful, they did not do enough in the offseason defensively.

I think that's mostly right. All I would note is that Zim was down Kirkpatrick, Hall, Sims and Moch today, and Howard's gone for the year. He's also been out Dunlap and Allen until this week, and you saw the difference Carlos made today. I think the D will (barring more injuries) get better as they get guys back, but the O will have to carry the load until then.

The defense definitely showed progress today. They were excellent outside the third quarter and the end of the fourth (when Marvin/Zimmer were just asking for it with the soft zone). The pass rush was very solid, and the linebackers looked better in coverage.

They still looked lost against the run though, even before Washington brought out the option.