Will Carson & TJ Be Successful in Oakland?

Sea Ray

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Palmer's arm.

Agreed. I never understood the criticism that his arm suddenly became a noodle. His problem is with decision-making, which to this point he has done well tonight.

I believe he did have problems with velocity about the time he was recommended to have Tommy John surgery, but it seems to have bounced back.

As to the decision making - I've had a theory for a while that he's tipping where he's going with that short out route, which has been the bane of his existence for years. I think the corners are reading something in his body language that's allowing them to gamble like crazy on that route. Like I said, just a theory.

If I was Hue, I'd be doing a whole lot of stop-n-go's on that out route, because that should be a free 6 points for the Raiders about now.

With the Chargers sucking, it's Oakland's division to take. I'm hoping somehow they blow it. The Chargers may have a 2nd half run in them but they've really been hit with the injury bug. Losing his LT last night almost got Rivers killed

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Palmer's arm.

Agreed. I never understood the criticism that his arm suddenly became a noodle. His problem is with decision-making, which to this point he has done well tonight.

The idea that his arm was a limp noodle has come from several sources, and most recently from TJ who said Palmer's arm last year just wasn't the same. Then he said this year while practicing with Palmer, Palmer's arm had returned to his old form.

It's amazing how much better a guy can play when he actually has some heart in it.

On a side note: Darrius Heyward-Bey was having a pretty good season with jason Campbell. With Carson, DHB has had exactly 1 Target the last 2 games (zero targets on Thursday) despite being on the field for basically every snap.

I could really care less about Heyward-Bey, but I think I know the reason why Carson doesn't look his way.......DHB's jersey # is 85......Carson probably never wants to see that number again.

A piece of advice? Change your Jersey #

On a side note: Darrius Heyward-Bey was having a pretty good season with jason Campbell. With Carson, DHB has had exactly 1 Target the last 2 games (zero targets on Thursday) despite being on the field for basically every snap.

I could really care less about Heyward-Bey, but I think I know the reason why Carson doesn't look his way.......DHB's jersey # is 85......Carson probably never wants to see that number again.

A piece of advice? Change your Jersey #

Funny, I figured he didn't throw it his way because he has stone hands. :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

LB Rolando McClain was arrested on gun charges last night after attending his grandfathers funeral yesterday. Carson can't seem to get away from this kind of stuff.

Yea he held the gun to the guys head, and the guy begged him not to shoot. McClain pointed the gun up and shot in the air! What the hell is wrong with some people!

from Jason Cole of Yahoo.com (from Lance's blog)

Loathed: The throwing of Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer against the Dolphins was atrocious. Not that Palmer was an interception machine – he was picked only once – but he was ugly with a lot of his throws, trying to put touch on passes he should have fired and firing passes he should have put touch on. The worst play might have been one that was erased by a penalty. Palmer was nearly picked off after throwing across his body while scrambling to his right. Ugly, just ugly. Palmer is way better than that.

http://sports.yahoo...._passing_120411

Palmer had another horrible game today. For the 2nd week in a row, the Palmer did nothing until garbage time. Last week they fell behind 34-0; this week 31-0. Palmer got one TD pass late in the game but he threw 4 picks. Count 'em 4! Palmer is regressing. Will he buckle down and pick up his game from here on out?

Palmer had another horrible game today. For the 2nd week in a row, the Palmer did nothing until garbage time. Last week they fell behind 34-0; this week 31-0. Palmer got one TD pass late in the game but he threw 4 picks. Count 'em 4! Palmer is regressing. Will he buckle down and pick up his game from here on out?

Looks like the same guy we had last year.

Looks like the same guy we had last year.

Yeah, I definitely see a resemblence

FYI... if the season ended today, the Raiders would be giving the Bengals the #17 overall pick, and the Bengals would have the #20 overall pick.

Based on how bad the Raiders have looked in back to back weeks... I don't expect them to beat the Lions, or the Chargers (who have been playing better lately).

Oakland likely finishes 8-8... and hopefully that will earn the Bengals a top 15 pick.

So does Carson get better for them next year after an off season, OTAs, etc or is it a case of what you see is what you get?

I have to go with the latter here.

Yep, he's been this way for a while. He tried to sort of cover it up with his whole, 'I've got to get out of Cinci' charade, but he only fooled the media. People who really watched him since he got kimo'd know the truth.

Yep, he's been this way for a while. He tried to sort of cover it up with his whole, 'I've got to get out of Cinci' charade, but he only fooled the media. People who really watched him since he got kimo'd know the truth.

Nice thing for us that he also fooled one other NFL team

ProFootballFocus.com

I was pretty skeptical about the Carson Palmer move when it happened, but he did begin to look a little like the guy that was once a Pro-Bowl caliber quarterback. Those wheels have well and truly fallen off the wagon, and he now looks like the guy who was costing the Bengals games with some truly horrid interceptions that he should know better than to throw. His first interception in this game was thrown into a diamond of Green Bay defenders and would have been a terrible throw for a raw rookie quarterback, let alone one of Palmer's experience and ability to read a defense. Palmer racked up a -3.8 PFF grade for the day posting a QB rating of 43.7. Ugly.

Read more: http://www.700wlw.co...l#ixzz1gR1CnHgD

The Oakland Raiders did not trade for Carson Palmer so he could play like he did Sunday. Four interceptions. Passer rating of 42.4. Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-12-12/palmers-poor-play-big-concern-for-raiders#ixzz1gR1jPm3q

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2011/12/12/2629845/carson-palmer-is-killing-our-present-and-future

Good stuff. It was hard to read the whole thing though... because I was laughing so hard.

My favorite part:

In his prime, he was as talented physically as any quarterback in the league. He could make almost any throw there was and some. Yet his teams never won. Reason being that they never got behind him. Sadly, nothing seems to have changed. I remember one shot from the last game when he was trying to talk to DHB and Murphy - two guys who are hardly divas or malcontents - and it was clear by the looks on their faces that they weren't buying what he was selling. Probably cause he was the reason they were in a bad position.

That of course is the other knock on Palmer that has existed his whole career - his knack of throwing interceptions, particularly in bad moments. It's only gotten worse as his arm strength has declined but the mind hasn't. He broke Andrew Walter's Raider record for INTs in a single season last game despite playing just six and a half games in a Raider jersey.