Will Carson & TJ Be Successful in Oakland?

Sea Ray

Here in Central Ohio the CBS affiliate went to the Raiders vs Chargers game immediately after the Bengals game was over. The Raiders were down two scores and driving in the 4th quarter. I probably watched 3 plays, then Carson throws an interception, effectively ending the Raiders hopes for the playoffs.

They showed Carson walking off the field with the usual confused, questioning, look on his face.

Then they showed all the Raiders fans leaving the stadium with about 2 and a half minutes left in the game.

Carson confused? Fans bailing early? I've seen this before... :P

yes, it was eerily familiar. It was just accepted by the media that Carson's desire to leave Cincinnati spoke volumes about the Bengals. In hindsight, maybe it said more about Carson.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...

Remember when we used to argue about Carson Palmer so much that we turned cannibalistic?

He's causing the same problems in Oakland now.

It might be time to admit that Carson Palmer is pure evil and he brings destruction wherever he goes.

As a long time member there, I had to reply.

Hey guys...

Remember when we used to argue about Carson Palmer so much that we turned cannibalistic?

It might be time to admit that Carson Palmer is pure evil and he brings destruction wherever he goes.

And here's the reply back:

He failed in Cincy because they suck. It also doesn't help when your team has no running game.

To wit I say, last I checked, this sucky team is in the playoffs.

Hey guys...

And here's the reply back:

He failed in Cincy because they suck. It also doesn't help when your team has no running game.

To wit I say, last I checked, this sucky team is in the playoffs.

They tend to be delusional at times there.

Same old, same old for Carson. His numbers look pretty decent but in the end he falls short. He doesn't lead his team to victories. We knew this here but we thought he'd grow into such a role. Well it's past time to hope he grows into anything. He is what he is now

Same old, same old for Carson. His numbers look pretty decent but in the end he falls short. He doesn't lead his team to victories. We knew this here but we thought he'd grow into such a role. Well it's past time to hope he grows into anything. He is what he is now

This.

I posted this comment as part of a larger argument over on the Raiders messageboard:

The Palmer you saw against the Lions is the classic Palmer that was with the Bengals. Good looking stats, but a couple of missed throws that would have put the game away. Then, on the final drive, he took a late sack that a veteran simply can't take. Final result... you came up just a little short. Get used to that feeling, because it's a recurring theme with Palmer led teams.

He so regularly puts up nice stats... but if QBs are judged by wins and losses, he's an utter failure.

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I thought of when I heard Hue Jackson was fired was how this will impact Carson Palmer. Would they keep him or try to trade him elsewhere to re-coup draft picks since they still have Jason Campbell or will they be looking to draft a QB of the future?

This is from a SF website via Lance's blog:

/>http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/01/10/does-mckenzie-keep-carson-palmer/

SF Gate

Many felt Jackson gave up too much, but new Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie said he understood the trade.

“No. 1, as a personnel guy, I love my picks … more, I love good players,” McKenzie said. “Now, bringing in Carson at the time the Raiders brought him in, to me, as a player, that’s a good move. You have to get players that can help you win games. Now, did the situation present itself favorably for Cincinnati? Absolutely. But you do what you have to do. That’s just the way it is, the cost of doing business.”

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1jAcXPzYl

Florio threw this one out earlier today. What if Carson decides to retire again now that Hue Jackson is gone?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/12/could-carson-palmer-decide-to-quit-again/

Now, Jackson is gone and Palmer remains under contract and G.M. Reggie McKenzie could end up hiring a coach who doesn’t want Palmer to be the team’s quarterback. McKenzie said on Tuesday that Palmer will be the quarterback heading into the offseason; however, McKenzie also said that Palmer won’t be immune to being pushed by a good player.

Then there’s the question of whether Palmer wants to return. The guy has already quit on a team once. Would it be unreasonable to at least wonder whether he’ll quit again, now that the coach who brought him to the Bay Area has been fired?

• 2 weeks later...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/dennis-allen-says-carson-palmer-is-the-raiders-starter/

Carson dubbed the starter for 2012 by new coach Dennis Allen.

Exactly the opposite of how I would have handled Carson. Make it an open competition and maybe he'll lose some of the complacency. The worst thing about his time in Oakland so far is how practiced he sounds at explaining after a game what went wrong. He's way to comfortable with losing.

I expect more of the same from Carson in 2012 and that not being hateful, it's just what we've always seen from him.

He will win some games and will lose some games, keeping the Raiders at about 9-7 or 8-8 for the season.

He will have some statistically great games and still lose all while explaining it all away in a calm demeanor.

He will speak of the need to play disciplined ball after throwing 3 INT's with a pick six after a game.

In other words, he will continuing being mediocre and I don't buy the fact it's because of the Bengals.

No Carson, it's not us, it's YOU...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wanted to bump this and ask a simply question:

Am I the only one who is really looking forward to this game and hoping we see Carson throw like 3 INT's in a loss for the Raiders ??

This might be one of the games I want to see the most this coming season !!!

I want to hear the boos rain down so loudly, they can be heard across town.

So much for never playing another game in PBS huh Carson ??

I've "almost" grown tired of using this on Chad and think it applies nicely here:

F*CK YOU CARSON !!!

I wanted to bump this and ask a simply question:

Am I the only one who is really looking forward to this game and hoping we see Carson throw like 3 INT's in a loss for the Raiders ??

This might be one of the games I want to see the most this coming season !!!

I want to hear the boos rain down so loudly, they can be heard across town.

So much for never playing another game in PBS huh Carson ??

I've "almost" grown tired of using this on Chad and think it applies nicely here:

F*CK YOU CARSON !!!

I'd rather see him do fine in a close game and throw his patented pick six in the fourth quarter to give the Bengals a win for once.

How about him throwing 3 INT's through the whole game, with the pick 6 being the icing on the cake ??

Bengals- 45

Raiders- 10

I wouldnt complain, but I'd rather see him think he has a chance late, than have it all come crashing down. All while he is chasing a Bengal defender into the endzone.