Will Carson & TJ Be Successful in Oakland?

Sea Ray

I read those articles, and you know what? I can see Palmer quitting again. Like right after this season. He sucks at football, and I see no evidence of any love for the game or anything. He tries to act like he cares, but he's not fooling anyone.

If he quits, I wonder what happens to our 2nd round pick next year. We'll probably lose it. That will complete the Palmer trifecta - he f**ked us over when he played here, he f**ked us over when he quit with no warning, and then he'll f**k us over by quitting on his new team and denying us a second rounder. Palmer is a bloated diaper pail of Can't Get It Done.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read those articles, and you know what? I can see Palmer quitting again. Like right after this season. He sucks at football, and I see no evidence of any love for the game or anything. He tries to act like he cares, but he's not fooling anyone.

If he quits, I wonder what happens to our 2nd round pick next year. We'll probably lose it. That will complete the Palmer trifecta - he f**ked us over when he played here, he f**ked us over when he quit with no warning, and then he'll f**k us over by quitting on his new team and denying us a second rounder. Palmer is a bloated diaper pail of Can't Get It Done.

Wow. That's a far out prediction. If he quits again it won't be until after next yr. He still has a yr to say that everything will be fine if he has a whole off season to workout with the team and Hue. Our picks are safe

Palmer with another overthrow on what would have put the game away. If Oakland loses... it's because Palmer couldn't finish when given the opportunity.

That's the way I see it too. In fact I'll add a third miscue and that's one I'll lump in as "their final drive". He's got two TOs, a great O-line and a FG kicker with the biggest leg in the game. He's got to get them into FG range. That's why you go with a Carson rather than another QB. If he can't convert that situation into a win then he's not worth what they gave up for him.

It goes to show you can't judge a QB by his numbers. You have to watch the game. Carson cost them this game. Can't wait to see the articles written about him this week.

In fairness to CP he wasn't on defense at the end of the game.

No... but as you mentioned, he had a chance to put the game away, so that the defense wouldn't have to make a stop. And he was the opposite of clutch.

He also took a sack in their final drive, forcing them to waste their last timeout. That kept them from being able to use the middle of the field to try to get into Janikowski range. They only came up about 5-10 yards short that range, so that play made all the difference.

Even if your forget everything else about the game... any vet knows you can't take a sack in that situation. Palmer failed.

Just an update... The Raiders currently have the #16 overall pick. If they lose their next two games (@KC, SD) there is an outside chance for that pick to become the #9 overall pick.

That would require A LOT of things to go just right though. A much more likely scenario would be the #13 overall pick though... and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I'm a huge Chiefs and Chargers fan over the next two weeks!

Palmer did us no favors yesterday in taking Oakland to 8-7. Currently the Raiders' first round pick is 20th, and by my calculations the highest it could rise with a Raiders loss next week is around 15th or 16th. Even that would require a lot of help since there are 10 other teams at 8-7 or 7-8 and nearly all of them would pick ahead of Oakland if they all finish 8-8 based on the strength of schedule tiebreaker.

Palmer did us no favors yesterday in taking Oakland to 8-7. Currently the Raiders' first round pick is 20th, and by my calculations the highest it could rise with a Raiders loss next week is around 15th or 16th. Even that would require a lot of help since there are 10 other teams at 8-7 or 7-8 and nearly all of them would pick ahead of Oakland if they all finish 8-8 based on the strength of schedule tiebreaker.

Well he did throw 2 INT's. Had one been for a pick six, our payoff would have been better.

I believe the Raiders have to get to the AFC Championship game for the 2013 second-round pick to become a first. To do that, from the way things are shaking out now, they would first have to beat either the Ravens or Steelers in Oakland on wild card weekend, then go to whichever one they didn't play and win on the road in the divisional round.

This is one reason I think the ravens will be desperate for a win against the Bengals Sunday. The Steelers will almost certainly beat the Clowns and if Baltimore loses they may have to face Palmer (9-4 lifetime vs. the Ravens) in Oakland in the opening round.

Here in Central Ohio the CBS affiliate went to the Raiders vs Chargers game immediately after the Bengals game was over. The Raiders were down two scores and driving in the 4th quarter. I probably watched 3 plays, then Carson throws an interception, effectively ending the Raiders hopes for the playoffs.

They showed Carson walking off the field with the usual confused, questioning, look on his face.

Then they showed all the Raiders fans leaving the stadium with about 2 and a half minutes left in the game.

Here in Central Ohio the CBS affiliate went to the Raiders vs Chargers game immediately after the Bengals game was over. The Raiders were down two scores and driving in the 4th quarter. I probably watched 3 plays, then Carson throws an interception, effectively ending the Raiders hopes for the playoffs.

They showed Carson walking off the field with the usual confused, questioning, look on his face.

Then they showed all the Raiders fans leaving the stadium with about 2 and a half minutes left in the game.

Carson confused? Fans bailing early? I've seen this before... :P