49ers @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

well now the seed of doubt is placed. can dalton over come it?. i blame marv and jay, wtf were they thinking with today's game plan. go out there and let dalton air it out. really and why? you have to protect a young qb and they did not do it at all today. you have to run the ball with the backs we have there is no excuse for today. even if you not running it well you have to stick to it. no way dalton should have to throw more the 20 passes. your only asking for trouble when you put that much on his shoulders.

i think jay and marv have to much confidence in dalton. we need to let him develop in the frame work of a running offense. that way they do not put the whole game on his shoulders. he is not ready for that. especially with the stable of rb's we have. dalton should not be asked to do that much this soon. this coaching staff should know better!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now the seed of doubt is placed. can dalton over come it?. i blame marv and jay, wtf were they thinking with today's game plan. go out there and let dalton air it out. really and why? you have to protect a young qb and they did not do it at all today. you have to run the ball with the backs we have there is no excuse for today. even if you not running it well you have to stick to it. no way dalton should have to throw more the 20 passes. your only asking for trouble when you put that much on his shoulders.

i think jay and marv have to much confidence in dalton. we need to let him develop in the frame work of a running offense. that way they do not put the whole game on his shoulders. he is not ready for that. especially with the stable of rb's we have. dalton should not be asked to do that much this soon. this coaching staff should know better!

They were winning the freaking game how do they not run the ball even if its just to knock time off the clock. I dont get it either, coming into the season Gruden said he was going to have a power running game, well where is it we saw in week 1, but nothing after that!!

The defense had a pretty good day today, the offense needs to help, if the defense only gives up 1 TD this team has to win, you really cant ask for more. They had that one bad drive, but cant really blame them for this loss!!

Marv and Jay better start to look at changing the game plans, worst of all they change the OC and they still cant make in game adjustments, its just so poor.

Looks like they pulled Boling today early for McGlyn, hell i didnt even know this. Lap did not even mention this at all today he is usually good when they switch guys up but didnt even say anything today.

Still think they need to make more changes then just that though. What they have is not working, they dont look good so why not try something new, if it dosnt work they you try something else. If they could fix that freaking 3rd down problem and redzone, this team would be 3-0 right now. I think we can all agree to that, fix those few problems and they would be fine. So stop screwing around and make some changes LOL :cheers:

Huh, not sure either team deserved to win that game. Dire stuff mostly. Why do the Bengals coaching staff seem so reluctant to try to run the ball as the gameplan? Over the last few years they've tried it and had mostly good results.

Da f**k? Pick an identity and go with it for a season. I mean, sure, we might lose with it but we aren't exactly sitting around polishing any SB rings anyway.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this team goes next time out. Two losses on the trot. Let's see a bounce back whilst there's still some life in the kitty.

I just read the Bengals are 2 of 21 on third downs in the last two games.

Pathetic. dry.gif

Uh, That's because nobody cared that Dalton's Offense was 1-11 on 3rd Down last week. They were too busy annointing him the savior and calling me out for not believing in him......Well, he followed that up with 1-10 on 3rd Down today.....

I would say that's Pathetic as well, but then everybody would jump on my back because apparently Dalton can do no wrong.....

Mind you, he's faced Cleveland,Denver, and San Fran.....Hardly quality defenses.....At least he still has quite a bit of time before he has to face the Steelers or Ravens

I just read the Bengals are 2 of 21 on third downs in the last two games.

Pathetic. <_<

Agreed. In fairness to the situation, though, 3rd down is very tough for a QB with no experience, especially in situations where he has to throw. Of which there have been many, thanks to the not-so-effective running game. As unimpressed as I am with the team and coaches in general, that's one that will gradually improve as Dalton gains experience.

I hope.

In the meantime, if the damn running game could give him some more 3rd-and-3s to throw, as opposed to 3rd-and-6s, that would be great.

Going to have a hard time watching these games for the rest of the year honestly.

You're not the Lone Ranger here. Next week we face Buffalo, and I am not feeling good about this game.

I've been the biggest ML supporter, but I can't even stomach this anymore. I definitely don't think we're a playoff team, but this team should be 3-0. Abysmal 3rd and short play is unacceptable. I'm just tired. That's the only emotion I have in regards to this team, franchise, coaching staff. Tired.

In the meantime, if the damn running game could give him some more 3rd-and-3s to throw, as opposed to 3rd-and-6s, that would be great.

I believe they will, starting next week when Benson and his 3.7 Yards per carry the last 2 games sits out.....Bernard Scott hopefully can get 5 or 6 yds on 1st down, then not lose 3 on 2nd down (like Benson does)

benson is not the same as 2009, and hes not worth his weight or his baggage. he's starting to do the rudi-dance in the backfield, and id rather not witness 13 more games of that. scott may or maynot be the answer, i hope they go rb in next years first. Not writing the season off jus yet, but after that offensive outing, its hard to be optimistic.

Disagree with these last two posts. Ced is a very good running back, he's not getting the blocking he or any other running back needs. SF is a very good run stopping team. Pimp, you've said yourself that you can't just look at stats. So just citing Ced's ypc tells me nothing.

A good running back? I know it when I see it.

Disagree with these last two posts. Ced is a very good running back, he's not getting the blocking he or any other running back needs. SF is a very good run stopping team. Pimp, you've said yourself that you can't just look at stats. So just citing Ced's ypc tells me nothing.

A good running back? I know it when I see it.

ced is old, averages less than 4 yds, is a loudmouth, and hasn't proven he can stay out of trouble.I would call ced solid at best, hes not someone you gameplan around. The only reason he cracks 1000 yds is because he gets so many dam touches, not because he does anything with the ball in his hands. They could hand the ball off to me and i could trip and fall for a 3 yd gain too. And ill stay out of trouble as an added bonus...

The offensive woes all boil down to 3rd down and red zone. I don't care what the passer rating is or what the other numbers look like, you won't win if you don't score TDs or convert 3rd downs. Perhaps the problem here is the rookie WR/QB/OC. If it is then it should improve.

SF's offense clearly is sorry but maybe their D is pretty good. They are one OT loss (to Dallas) from being 3-0

Disagree with these last two posts. Ced is a very good running back, he's not getting the blocking he or any other running back needs.

I agree the blocking isn't there right now. But that said, I haven't seen anything from Benson recently that would make me put him any higher in the rankings than average. His one big TD run in the Browns game came when the line blew open so big a hole even I could have scored, and my 40 time can be measured in days. I don't see him breaking tackles or juking defenders much, and i don't think he scares opposing defenses or DCs. But at least the fumble issues have cleared up for the moment, so there's that.

Right now the bengals defense ranks 3rd in the nfl, so this week against buffalo will be a big test. Still makes me mad though, if they would have scored when they should, and actully got some 3rd down plays, this team would be 3-0. This is a game of inches, and for some reason last year and so far this year, this team under Marvin can not finish a game. Something needs to be done, we all know Marvin is not going anywhere but he needs to figure something out.

Anyways my point is with the defense ranked 3rd, freakin run the ball, get back and find that power running game. Change up the line if you have too, but run the ball and keep the other team on the bench!! If they could do that, and learn to score in the redzone, and actully convert some 3rd downs this team would not be that bad! Not a playoff team, but a team that can win, and maybe gain some confidence. They are in every game, now learn to finish.

Right now the bengals defense ranks 3rd in the nfl, so this week against buffalo will be a big test. Still makes me mad though, if they would have scored when they should, and actully got some 3rd down plays, this team would be 3-0. This is a game of inches, and for some reason last year and so far this year, this team under Marvin can not finish a game. Something needs to be done, we all know Marvin is not going anywhere but he needs to figure something out.

Anyways my point is with the defense ranked 3rd, freakin run the ball, get back and find that power running game. Change up the line if you have too, but run the ball and keep the other team on the bench!! If they could do that, and learn to score in the redzone, and actully convert some 3rd downs this team would not be that bad! Not a playoff team, but a team that can win, and maybe gain some confidence. They are in every game, now learn to finish.

Assuming that B. Scott starts this week, it should be very interesting to see how he does. The Bills will have little to gameplan against. And you never know, the Bengals having their hand forced might just discover a new angle to their offense.

Assuming that B. Scott starts this week, it should be very interesting to see how he does. The Bills will have little to gameplan against. And you never know, the Bengals having their hand forced might just discover a new angle to their offense.

Well Marvin said in his presser to ask him next week when they are 2-2 :blink: I guess he is pretty confident that his team will get better. With Marvin coaching i just dont see it, but hey prove me wrong Marvin.