49ers @ Bengals Game Thread

Scottishbengal

that looked like it hit the ground

whatever, ballgame

Yup. Ballgame. We need to think about giving Gradkowski a start until Dalton gets his feet under him.

Unfortunately you have to stick with him. That's part of the trial by fire part of starting a rookie QB in the NFL. You are going to get some games out of him where he looks like a world beater, and then you will get games where he looks like a career second stringer. It's just the process of him learning. It hurts as a fan to watch, because you know they should have won today, but he just didn't bring his A-game today and the team lost because of it. If he played this week like he did in week one, they win by 2 TDs or more, but he didn't.

Marvin is a f**king idiot! Why the f**k do you go out and say you are going to start using Benard Scott more then you give him 2 carries and no screen passes? Was there a screen pass to anyone the whole game at all? Man the coaches on this team are about as worthless as rocks. They need to be thrown in a sack and tossed into the Ohio river!

Yep where the heck was B. Scott, man im so sick of Marvin as the coach of this team!!

Once again no in game or halftime adjustments by the bengals offense! After that first drive the 9ers made there adjustments, but i think Gruden forget he had to make some kind of change also, horrible!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to get back to power running again where did that go???? Gruden let up on the running way to early, if they want to win any games they need to run the ball. Look for Ced to be pissed after this game.

Dalton had 32 throws today. They had the lead most of the game. There is no run first offense i have seen yet.

Offense seems very predictable and easily covered. Not much protection. Poor execution and play calls on 3rd down and 4th down.

I'm worried again.

Now on to the suspensions and arrests.

They need to get back to power running again where did that go????

The offensive line can't maintain blocking for it.

Yea they really need to look at that o-line, the last two games they were getting man handled. Maybe its time to change things up alittle bit i dont know, but they need to be better, and i will blame most of this loss on them for not opening up lanes or giving Andy much time to throw.

Right now this team is not very good, and they are so hard to watch. Guess it dosnt help that off the field this team is a mess also!!

They need to get back to power running again where did that go????

The offensive line can't maintain blocking for it.

Yea they really need to look at that o-line, the last two games they were getting man handled. Maybe its time to change things up alittle bit i dont know, but they need to be better, and i will blame most of this loss on them for not opening up lanes or giving Andy much time to throw.

Right now this team is not very good, and they are so hard to watch. Guess it dosnt help that off the field this team is a mess also!!

It seems the OL is more geared for pass blocking than anything else.

Once again this week there are no screen passes to RBs B. Scott never came in, what kind of west coast offense is that???

Well if the o-line only knows how to pass block then this is going to be an even longer year. With the rookie you asking him to do way to much without running the ball. When Ced runs the ball at least 25 times this team wins almost everytime. So i think they really need to think about there offense philosophy here, sometimes you have to change, and i think its time.

Just a couple personal observations:

1. Very thankful for fantasy football, current Bengal mediocrity makes it one of the few things that keep Sundays entertaining football-wise.

2. It is becoming more obvious as the weeks go by why Jay Gruden was available and at a bargain price.

3. Hard to imagine becoming willing to travel and spring for tickets any time this season.

4. My bit of trust left in Marvin Lewis is dying. He continues to look bewildered on the sideline. I have to wonder if he even cares anymore.

5. Concur that the O-Line is a shambles. I think the team could actually compete a little if this bunch could perform at an average level.

4. My bit of trust left in Marvin Lewis is dying. He continues to look bewildered on the sideline.

That's the look of a DC in over his head. Don't get me wrong, I like what Marvin tried to do, but he just doesn't have the stones to pull it off.

to me the coaching blew it!

marvin going to save these TO'S for next week! wtf man! way to show confidence in your young team 1:30 left before half and you hold on to your time outs wow!

zimmer all out all the time! niner took advantage of you and won the game. there in nothing wrong with cover two some times! man dam it!

gruden did his best brat impression today. really think you can throw on first down some more. way to put you team in 2nd and long the whole f**king game! you put way to much pressure on dalton today and look at the results! ced'S last game and you run him 17 timeS wtf? where the hell is scott? he is a great compliment to ced and his speed could have helped to day. leonard and scott 3 touches lol.

this game really pissed me off. in no way shape or form did these coaches do anything to help they made it worse! we are not going to win a lot of games. it does not help when the coaching f**king hurts the team. next week we will get stomped. i don't think marvin can keep this from turning in to a 3 win season. if marvin can i will be very very surpised! f**k!!!!!

4. My bit of trust left in Marvin Lewis is dying. He continues to look bewildered on the sideline.

That's the look of a DC in over his head. Don't get me wrong, I like what Marvin tried to do, but he just doesn't have the stones to pull it off.

What!?!? How are you guys being so hard on Marvin? He took this team to the playoffs twice which is 2 times more than any other coach had since 1990. How can you blame him for what the Offensive Coordinator calls? That's not the head coaches job to call the plays. How can you blame Marvin for how the offensive line is playing? He didn't get to pick the guys, Mike Brown did, he doesn't coach them on technique Paul Alexander does, and he doesn't call the formations and plays Gruden does. So How again is this all Marvin's fault?

HAHAHA It's all his fault because he sucks as a coach, I just had to play around with you guys a bit!

What!?!? How are you guys being so hard on Marvin? He took this team to the playoffs twice which is 2 times more than any other coach had since 1990. How can you blame him for what the Offensive Coordinator calls? That's not the head coaches job to call the plays. How can you blame Marvin for how the offensive line is playing? He didn't get to pick the guys, Mike Brown did, he doesn't coach them on technique Paul Alexander does, and he doesn't call the formations and plays Gruden does. So How again is this all Marvin's fault?

HAHAHA It's all his fault because he sucks as a coach, I just had to play around with you guys a bit!

what gets me the most is marvin lets the same mistakes happen time after time. then does nothing to correct it! you are the boss marvin! it your f**king job to tell your coaches when they are f**king up! then correct them. then again your the same guy who thought bresh and brat could coach.

Marvin didn't think Leslie Frazier was good enough to even be a defensive coordinator, then after a few years of being a hot coach he has done a better job than Marvin in Minnesota. Hue Jackson couldn't get promoted to Offensive Coordinator in Cincinnati and now he is the Head Coach in Oakland. Hue Jackson coached with Breshnahan in Cincinnati and thought enough of him to hire him as Defensive Coordinator in Oakland. Maybe part of the problem in Cincinnati isn't that Marvin is too hands off, but that he gets too much in the other coordinators business. I am guessing that Leslie Frazier probably told Marvin to bug off and leave him alone, and then he got shipped out of town. Breshnahan's defense started to tank, so instead of Marvin taking some of the blame, Marvin shipped him out of town.

Just a few points.

Different year same offense, everything today looked like last year. Where is the west coast offense at?? This team was winning so whey didnt they continue to run the ball to run time off, or try to at least wear down the 9ers defense?? I just dont get it, the playcalling today was horrible. B. Scott how about using him some, how about some screen pass, just stupid Gruden your not helping your rookie QB today!!

Marvin blows he has for sometime now, he always looks like he is lost out there, but nothing ever changes. They had a chance to move on from this crap and they choose not too so now we are stuck!!! A marvin team has not had a complete game since the bears game in 09, pathetic, are they even ready to play!!

At least in 09 they stuck with the run, and pounded the ball against good defenses, i think they need to go back and realize right now they are not ready to throw it very much, so practice running the ball!! Horrible coaching today all there is too it

The OL is geared for sucking right now. Get A. Smith to RG, get Collins in the game to start. From there work as needed.

Yep o-line sucked last year, and guess what it hasnt changed this year so you would think that Marvin would see there is a problem??

The OL is geared for sucking right now. Get A. Smith to RG, get Collins in the game to start. From there work as needed.

Put big ass Dennis Roland at LG or move Boling to LG, and do what Hoosier said. They need to start doing some unbalanced lines again, but throw some passing plays out of it too. I think when they ran an unbalanced line before it was like 99% of the time they ran to the side of the unbalanced line.

in 06 i thought marvin out grew the coaching staff at that time. i thought he had a opportunity to turn this team from ok to very good. nope he stayed the same and cost this city a very good team, in fact let some players turn this team into a f**king circus.

now his terrible descions and not holding coaches accountable has this team 1-2 and it really should be 3-0. really get him the f**k out of here before he ruins another group of talented players.

in 06 i thought marvin out grew the coaching staff at that time. i thought he had a opportunity to turn this team from ok to very good. nope he stayed the same and cost this city a very good team, in fact let some players turn this team into a f**king circus.

now his terrible descions and not holding coaches accountable has this team 1-2 and it really should be 3-0. really get him the f**k out of here before he ruins another group of talented players.

Heck yea they should be 3-0, but once again like every Marvin Lewis team they either dont know how to finish or how to start, and its really getting hard to watch this team anymore.

I agree Marvin did ruin this team, after the 06 season this team was dead, and Marvin Lewis allowed this team to be a circus! They need a coach with some fire, a coach who can put a complete team out there week in and week out, not this crap that we have to watch on Sundays. I would rather have Zimmer take over duties for the rest of the year, Marvin cant take this team anywhere he never will, and i wish they would have moved on.

I would consider Collins one of there best o-linemen and rides the bench makes no sense when the o-line is this horrible

Agree, put in Collins and Roland at the G positions. The line would INSTANTLY improve. If there is one thing Roland can do is take up space. Collins is very nimble and does not make the mistakes that Livings seems to always make.

Paul Alexander is a hack.

Again, 2 touches for Bernard Scott, and neither of them were screens or draws. Unreal.

I am not sure Gruden understand the talent on the team. And really, it falls on Marvin's shoulders.

Watching the raiders offense thats what the bengals should look like. Be physical and pound the ball, what the heck happened to that Gruden thought thats what the offense was about this year!!!

I bet Marvin dosnt even look at the o-line this week, and will say they have to play better. This is bull crap its about getting better, they sucked all last year, and there were no changes, and they still suck!! They lost there physical play like they had in 09!!