Preseason Week 1: Lions v. Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Tale of the tape so far:

QB Rating:

Matthew Stafford__________148.5

Shaun Hill________________95.8

Drew Stanton______________91.1

Andy Dalton ______________54.6

dalton needs to play better defense it seems.

No, just needs to play better.......for those saying "Dalton started settling down" sure, against the Lions 2nd and 3rd String Defense. If Dalton looks that bad against the Lions backups, wait until Pitt or B-More

Tale of the tape so far:

QB Rating:

I also think those guys he shown also has played in the NFL before, and even have started NFL games, how many did Dalton start??? Just saying it was a rough outing for him and thats fine, but how about the o-line block alittle better for him??? Let the kid work out his problems and see what hes got before you throw him under the bus

Gradkowski sucks. He's never not sucked.

Would like to see Gradkowski throwing to Simpson, AJ Green, Gresham, and NOT guys like Chase Coffman, and John Standeford

Dalton had the 1st string, Gradkowski doesn't

He's playing with backups and against backups. Dalton definitely sucks too at this point, but he's never taken a regular season snap.

how about the o-line block alittle better for him??? Let the kid work out his problems and see what hes got before you throw him under the bus

We all knew the O-Line was sh*t, it was sh*t last year, but everybody still blamed Carson for everything (no wonder he wanted out).....Dalton should get preferential treatment? Why? Because he's a Rookie? Nope

Tale of the tape so far:

QB Rating:

I also think those guys he shown also has played in the NFL before, and even have started NFL games, how many did Dalton start??? Just saying it was a rough outing for him and thats fine, but how about the o-line block alittle better for him??? Let the kid work out his problems and see what hes got before you throw him under the bus

Earlier this week I did a post for CJ about how new QBs over the last decade did in their first preseason game.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/9/2354257/rough-start-likely-friday-night-for-andy-dalton-bengals-offense

Palmer was 3-8-74-0-1

Frerotte was 6-10-54-0-1

Kitna was 8-18-65-0-0

Dalton tonight 11-15-69-0-1

In other words, par for the noob course.

Tale of the tape so far:

QB Rating:

Earlier this week I did a post for CJ about how new QBs over the last decade did in their first preseason game.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/9/2354257/rough-start-likely-friday-night-for-andy-dalton-bengals-offense

Palmer was 3-8-74-0-1

Frerotte was 6-10-54-0-1

Kitna was 8-18-65-0-0

Dalton tonight 11-15-69-0-1

In other words, par for the noob course.

I did read this, and if Dalton is going to be good then next week he should start getting better. He should continue to grow with this offense, and considering the lockout im not giving up on him. However this o-line needs to get better, if they get better i can see Dalton completeing passes, and getting comfortable.

Well Zimmers defense is pathetic. What the heck happened to that defense that Zimmer had in 09, and dont give me because Jjoe left, because he struggled last year also. Its almost like nobody is on the same page, they are not playing physical, and there pass rush is just horrible. If they could fix there defense, i think that would help out some. Come on Zim fix it

Well Zimmers defense is pathetic. What the heck happened to that defense that Zimmer had in 09, and dont give me because Jjoe left, because he struggled last year also. Its almost like nobody is on the same page, they are not playing physical, and there pass rush is just horrible. If they could fix there defense, i think that would help out some. Come on Zim fix it

i agree- but bengals sat 18 players due to injury for this game as well

I know, but still something just didnt seem right out there, whatever its the 1st preseason game ill see what happens after next week.

There should be alot on tape for the bengals to work with now, and they need alot of work.

I know, but still something just didnt seem right out there, whatever its the 1st preseason game ill see what happens after next week.

There should be alot on tape for the bengals to work with now, and they need alot of work.

continued improvement

all we can hope for - lets see how good a coach marvin and zimmer are