Cedric Benson thread

Do the Cards even want to get rid of Wells, i though Hightower was a bigger fumbler then Wells was lol.

Im just not sure they will re-sign Benson after this crap, so right now they would be smart to start looking for his replacement whether it be in a trade or through free agent. Just not sure Benson will be back, in fact i wouldnt blame them if they dont want to do so after this. I mean you can only give guys so many chances, this kind of crap pisses me off!!!

Do the Cards even want to get rid of Wells, i though Hightower was a bigger fumbler then Wells was lol.

Im just not sure they will re-sign Benson after this crap, so right now they would be smart to start looking for his replacement whether it be in a trade or through free agent. Just not sure Benson will be back, in fact i wouldnt blame them if they dont want to do so after this. I mean you can only give guys so many chances, this kind of crap pisses me off!!!

Take Wells. Dump Palmer. Everybody is happy.

There are oodles of running backs available in free agency.

Lets hope they are active this year in free agency, and they move fast. I dont even think they need a big name running back, i wonder how Cedric Peerman would be as a starter. Im hoping they will use Bernard Scott alot more this year with the new WCO.

Well, with the other assault charge still pending and this new charge, I can't see the Bengals wanting to pay him what he was originally looking for.

Maybe this is one of those situations like Derek mentioned with Pacman, that answers the question for us in this regard.

Apparently, the latest reports are that Ced walked up to the guy on the street and then just started beating the crap out of him.

Benson was charged with a misdemeanor assault with injury after he allegedly struck a former roommate. It gets a little weirder from there. According to the affadavit, the roomate was talking on a cell phone on a street corner at 5 a.m when Benson approached him. (Just your normal 5 a.m. meetup.)

Benson allegedly told him they “need to talk about their problems” and then repeatedly hit him in the face. The police report said the roommate was bleeding from the mouth and possibly lost teeth.

Apparently, the latest reports are that Ced walked up to the guy on the street and then just started beating the crap out of him.

Benson was charged with a misdemeanor assault with injury after he allegedly struck a former roommate. It gets a little weirder from there. According to the affadavit, the roomate was talking on a cell phone on a street corner at 5 a.m when Benson approached him. (Just your normal 5 a.m. meetup.)

Benson allegedly told him they "need to talk about their problems" and then repeatedly hit him in the face. The police report said the roommate was bleeding from the mouth and possibly lost teeth.

Cedric has always been the paternal type. Probably just wanted to know why he was out on the street at 5am.

I think Ced needs some help maybe some anger management classes or something. I really dont want the Bengals to sign him anymore, i want them to get aways from these guys who say they have changed but they really dont!! Sign a young RB or see what Peerman has in him, but dont sign this fool

Wait, doesn't everyone head out at 5am to talk about problems you have with other people and then BAM start punching them repeatedly in the face ??

This is small potatoes. I mean, I have to get to bed so I can get to my 4am appointment to beat the sh*t out of my neighbor who cant keep his dog off my lawn.

I'll show that motherf*cker !!!

incentivize him contractually to pound Chad's face in, pay for said beating

As much as the Chad-hater in my LOVES this idea, unfortunately there's the whole "Mike Brown would go to jail for conspiracy" issue, and, uh......

*the light in TJ's brain suddenly flips on*

.......wait......wait.....OH MY GOD I FREAKIN *LOVE* THIS IDEA

I should be negotiating contracts at PBS.

You have my full and undivided support.

First request: show Bob "The Betrayer" Bedinghaus the door, and make sure all Hamilton-county-tax-paying Bengals fans get advance notice of it so we can wait outside for him with buckets of tar and bags of feathers

Wait, doesn't everyone head out at 5am to talk about problems you have with other people and then BAM start punching them repeatedly in the face ??

This is small potatoes. I mean, I have to get to bed so I can get to my 4am appointment to beat the sh*t out of my neighbor who cant keep his dog off my lawn.

I'll show that motherf*cker !!!

+1

You guys had to know i was going to say something, right? Well, Let's recap here......Dude's a Free-Agent coming off a down year, yet spouts off at the mouth.....fine, whatever. Is apparently happy without Carson, thinking he will get more money and carries (like 321 wasn't enough, i mean it was 20 more than the previous year, yet he had like 150 yds less?). Talks about how he wants to come back and all this stuff, THEN gets his dumbass arrested again.........Yes I said DUMBASS, because the dude was working without a contract and whatever team signs him will likely be without his services for at least the first 4 games of however many games they play this season.

I still like a few of the guys I liked months ago.

High End: DeAngelo Williams

Mid Price: Ronnie Brown

Bargain Price: Derrick Ward

Other options: LeRon McClain, Cadillac Williams, or make an Offer San Diego won't match to Mike Tolbert (SD has Ryan Mathews, and won't pay Sproles and Tolbert who are both up)

Hell, I wouldnt care who they signed if they ponied up the dough for a STUD FB like Vonta Leach......I'd REALLY like to see Scott and Leonard run behind Leach, that dude just lays people out.

Not really. Arizona has an established RB in Tim Hightower, and Wells is relegated into playing backup behind him in Arizona. I'm telling you guys, Cincinnati seriously needs to make a trade with the Cardinals here.

Hightower is a Free Agent (see link) No way they Trade Beanie

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/567455-nfl-free-agency-where-will-tim-hightower-play-next-season

I would have zero issue with seeing Tolbert come to town.

I think the biggest reason I have wanted Benson back was to maintain some stability at the position and for that veteran leadership with a rookie QB possibbly starting. Given what has happened and continuing to consider what Gruden wants to do with the scheme, i'm certainly now at a point that another RB would be able to do what I was hoping to get from Benson.

I simply can't believe the stupidity it takes to do what he did in this situation.

It's staggering to think someone can be that d*mn dumb.

I simply can't believe the stupidity it takes to do what he did in this situation.

It's staggering to think someone can be that d*mn dumb.

I think the last couple of years have made many forget (or want to forget) that this is the same guy who had 2 DWI's (one on land, and one on water) in a period of 2 months while with the Bears)

Now 2 assault charges in less than a year? Yeah, I can believe he's that dumb.

***NOTE: The 2 DWI's and 2 assault's all happened in/around Austin, Texas.......Hey Ced, here's a thought, stay the F**k away from Austin. Idiot.