And now for something completely the same...

HairOnFire

:poop:

The Bengals were hit with a bevy of injuries Wednesday and even though quarterback Carson Palmerhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (throwing shoulder) and wide receiver Chad Ochocincohttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (ankle) weren't on the practice field, the one that has to concern them the most is the foot injury suffered by right tackle Andre Smithhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif during practice.

After getting carted off the field, it is believed to be the same foot he broke three days into his rookie season, an injury that prevented him playing full time until the last three games. The injury took Smith out of the first 10 games of last season and when he had surgery on it back in January it wiped out all the spring drills and training camp for him.

Head coach Marvin Lewis had no information on Smith as he came off the field, but he indicated Palmer and Ocho will play Sunday. Smith was seen walking out of the building.

With Dennis Rolandhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif struggling at right tackle last month, Smith got promoted and has had a tough baptism against some of the NFL's elite rushers. He got benched for a play in the third quarter against Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley on Monday night and Roland gave up a sack on the one play he came into the game before Smith checked back into the game.

If Smith can't go Sunday in Indianapolis, who gets the nod against another elite rusher, left end Robert Mathis? The options are Roland and Anthony Collinshttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif, inactive for the last five games. Mathis is a bear on his home field and has racked up three double-digit sack seasons since 2004 and had 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble when the Bengals last played the Colts in 2008. He's got 6.5 sacks already at the halfway mark.

/>http://www.bengals.c...26-412202ba9934

If the skin zepplin was seen floating out of the hangar on his own power, I'm guessing it's not serious and that he'll play. Surely he'd be on crutches if there were something wrong with it.

Maybe he was just totally gassed at the end of the game and raised the white flag.

:poop:

The Bengals were hit with a bevy of injuries Wednesday and even though quarterback Carson Palmerhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (throwing shoulder) and wide receiver Chad Ochocincohttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (ankle) weren't on the practice field, the one that has to concern them the most is the foot injury suffered by right tackle Andre Smithhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif during practice.

After getting carted off the field, it is believed to be the same foot he broke three days into his rookie season, an injury that prevented him playing full time until the last three games. The injury took Smith out of the first 10 games of last season and when he had surgery on it back in January it wiped out all the spring drills and training camp for him.

Head coach Marvin Lewis had no information on Smith as he came off the field, but he indicated Palmer and Ocho will play Sunday. Smith was seen walking out of the building.

With Dennis Rolandhttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif struggling at right tackle last month, Smith got promoted and has had a tough baptism against some of the NFL's elite rushers. He got benched for a play in the third quarter against Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley on Monday night and Roland gave up a sack on the one play he came into the game before Smith checked back into the game.

If Smith can't go Sunday in Indianapolis, who gets the nod against another elite rusher, left end Robert Mathis? The options are Roland and Anthony Collinshttp://www.bengals.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif, inactive for the last five games. Mathis is a bear on his home field and has racked up three double-digit sack seasons since 2004 and had 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble when the Bengals last played the Colts in 2008. He's got 6.5 sacks already at the halfway mark.

/>http://www.bengals.c...26-412202ba9934

Also, further down in this article on the Bengals homepage you can read about Chad. Since Sunday's show of stupidity and diminished skills, Chad has had conversations with Jesse Jackson and Denzel Washington. So things should start to turn around for Chad.

This is approaching a Ki-Jana/David Pollack level of busted-ness.

Wow, what an amazingly dreadful and detrimental selection.

SoP, if you are not able to hurl yourself off the Brent Spence bridge, at lease fire yourself as GM and hire someone who is even moderately competent.

SoP, if you are not able to hurl yourself off the Brent Spence bridge, at lease fire yourself as GM and hire someone who is even moderately competent.

Two broken bones in a foot and it's SoP's fault ... Get a grip.

A broken neck is SoP's fault. What the heck man. I have a growing disdain for Bengal fans.

A broken neck is SoP's fault. What the heck man. I have a growing disdain for Bengal fans.

Don't be a dunce.

Selecting him AT ALL is the issue. He showed severe behavioral and attitude problems before, during and after the combine. Pair this with a lack of discipline and lack of professionalism and what you end up with is a guy who came to camp (after a holdout) woefully out of shape, thus causing a stress fracture. Stress fracture never heals right, thus causing off-season surgery... further risking more injuries later by, again, letting himself get so fat that Sam Adams would have applauded.

If you don't get this, I don't know what to tell you.

Don't be a dunce.

Selecting him AT ALL is the issue. He showed severe behavioral and attitude problems before, during and after the combine.

To your last part all I can say is maybe, maybe not. People said the same thing about bringing ced, tank, adam jones, T.O., b. scott, among others and they are huge parts of our team (not so much adam jones anymore). Nearly every player has plenty of risk to him -- certainly accentuated by a top 10 pick. A good friend of mine had two sons playing at Alabama when andre was there (both starters, one still, so it's not like his son is the 4th string long snapper). Talking with their coach he repeatedly said if Andre plays, he's the best linemen that he's ever seen. period. So on the one hand you have what is likely a pro-bowl tackle for years to come and on the other you have a likely holdout with motivational issues. We can say he would have fallen to whatever you think he would have fallen to, but it's just speculation.

Was the holdout Andre or his agent . . . hard to say, really. HOw he responded this year, though, leads me to believe he's a kid that still wants to play football. So my opinion is, especially after watching him HANDLE the Pittsburgh rush on Monday night (they broke from play at least 3 times to highlight it), was that we would have quickly forgotten all about the holdout in another game or two.

To compare this to the david pollack situation, though, and blaming it on SoP . . . i mean good lord man. You DO remember pollack broke his neck, right? In a game . . . getting hit . . . almost died . . . never played again . . . ?

I'm not saying that I think SoP is the greatest owner ever but he gets unfairly criticized too much by fans IMO. Often it IS fair . . . but this one just sucks. Losing andre smith, watching him get cut this summer . . . it just sucks. But that's football, not mike brown.

Oh i feel bad for Carson this week, Carson thought he was hurt now.......

I think they really need think about starting Collins, Roland is horrible and it showed it last week by coming in on 1 play and giving up a sack. Time shift the o-line around, and how about taking out Livings please

Also, further down in this article on the Bengals homepage you can read about Chad. Since Sunday's show of stupidity and diminished skills, Chad has had conversations with Jesse Jackson and Denzel Washington. So things should start to turn around for Chad.

He needs to visit Emerald City a see the Wizard for a dose of brains, some heart and a lot of courage.

Ki-Jana and Pollack obviously had no control of their fate but Fat A's issues can at least be linked to his weight control problem. The difficulty is knowing that this guy had problems and a bunch of red flags before day one yet we still took him. I think that's the issue for most people have with this guy and the fact that we missed out on some successful players that have already contributed to their clubs (Oher, Orapko, Cushing, Clay Matthews)

It's mind-boggling how this team continues to get hammered by injuries.

For example how many middle linebackers has this team had in Marvin's tenure? 5 or 6?

Kevin Hardy

Nate Webster

Odell Thurman

Brian Simmons?

Dhani Jones

Landon Johnson

Couldnt remember if he ever played middle or not. And I'm not sure about Simmons but that list is pretty telling. Do the same for the DB's or the O-line since 2005. Some of it is injuries, free agency, poor drafting or age issues but that kind of turnover is so unsettling for a team and continuity and ultimately success.

Kirk had a list up on CJ a while back, might have been last year, but IIRC it was something to the effect that Dhani is the only MLB Lewis has had for two straight years.

More on der Skindenbergh here:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-Smith-breaks-same-foot-possibly-headed-for-surgery/bec903d0-79bc-4acc-b4cc-86090bd8a0a5

Long story short: Moobs broke the same bone he broke before again. Surgery appear likely...again. So he'll probably show up at camp fat and out of shape...again. SSDY.

Sad. Andre was actually looking better as the season wore on and I allowed myself to hope that I was wrong to withdraw my support of drafting him. But I have to admit again I was wrong. What a big fat waste. 20/20 hindsight props to Katie for minimizing the damage.

It's mind-boggling how this team continues to get hammered by injuries.

For example how many middle linebackers has this team had in Marvin's tenure? 5 or 6?

Kevin Hardy

Nate Webster

Odell Thurman

Brian Simmons?

Dhani Jones

Landon Johnson

Jim Maxwell, in the season of the massacre at LB.

Kirk had a list up on CJ a while back, might have been last year, but IIRC it was something to the effect that Dhani is the only MLB Lewis has had for two straight years.

More on der Skindenbergh here:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Andre-Smith-breaks-same-foot-possibly-headed-for-surgery/bec903d0-79bc-4acc-b4cc-86090bd8a0a5

Long story short: Moobs broke the same bone he broke before again. Surgery appear likely...again. So he'll probably show up at camp fat and out of shape...again. SSDY.

Sad. Andre was actually looking better as the season wore on and I allowed myself to hope that I was wrong to withdraw my support of drafting him. But I have to admit again I was wrong. What a big fat waste. 20/20 hindsight props to Katie for minimizing the damage.

Long story short: Moobs shouldn't even be invited back to camp next year. This guy is a blimp and instead of 'Goodyear', he's always had 'Bust' written on him. Oline will be priority at draft this year. Cut the loses and pay this guy off in his weight in hamburgers. Even that sick bastard on 'Man vs. Food' could tackle that challenge.

Oh i feel bad for Carson this week, Carson thought he was hurt now.......

I think they really need think about starting Collins, Roland is horrible and it showed it last week by coming in on 1 play and giving up a sack. Time shift the o-line around, and how about taking out Livings please

Dude the Bengals have seen all the crap thay've we've been watching all year and yet they plan to do what they want to do. I know that they see the media and fans talking about running the ball on 3rd and short but they keep trying to throw it. they see it in the papers, on the TV, on the net, etc. They refuse to take advise or change things up. Don't expect them to play who everybody suggest.