Kevin Walter a Texan

BENGAL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Kevin Walter.

Everytime I've seen him play, I've been impressed.

Hard worker, who hasn't reached his full potential.

The Texans realize this, and he will have a better opportunity to showcase his talent hopefully.

I suppose this means Coach Lewis is satisfied with the progress of Tab Perry, and to an extent, Kelly Washington....but he's a RFA, so we shall see soon.

Would be hard to replace because of the combination of skills, but that's a goodly wad of cash for a #4/ST ace. You won't find a bigger Walter fan than me (see my defense of him last year), but this is a tough pill. My guess is we won't know anything until next Monday,

so til then . . . . .

Bengals | M. Lewis comments about letting K. Walter go

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:55:33 -0800

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis had the following comments about the team's decision not to match the Houston Texans offer sheet to WR Kevin Walter: "Kevin has been a fine player for us, and he deserves the opportunity he'll get in Houston to be a starting receiver," Lewis said. "But as we build our roster for the upcoming season, we believe it's in the best interest of our team to allocate these funds to another position."

Texans | Team acquires Walter; Bengals fail to match offer sheet

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:29:29 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have declined to match to offer sheet made by the Houston Texans to restricted free agent WR Kevin Walter. He signed an offer sheet on a four-year, $6.4 million contract with the Texans. The Texans will owe the Bengals a seventh-round draft pick as compensation.

Bengals | Team declines to match Walter's offer sheet

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 13:22:13 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have declined to match to offer sheet made by the Houston Texans to restricted free agent WR Kevin Walter. He signed an offer sheet on a four-year, $6.4 million contract with the Texans. The Texans will owe the Bengals a seventh-round draft pick as compensation.

Hardly a killer blow but still stinks in that this was a guy the Bengals nutured for several years, and who finally seemed to be coming on...and off he goes. Oh, well, best of luck, Kev!

;) Not a huge surprise ...... but still hated to see it.

This is going to be happening a lot more often with the Bengals on the doorstep of being a perennial play off team. B) Far cry from the coachs' first year when all of our cuts went to oblivion instead of other teams. Nobody wanted our starters .... much less our back ups.

:cheers: Good luck with the Texans Kevin.

Hopefully the R7 pick we get will be a Special Teams ace. Thats where the real value of KW came into play. Two questions:

1. How much cap space does the loss of KW clear up for us? I assume around .5 million.

2. Is the R7 pick an extra pick provided the league or is it the Texans R7 pick?

The possible depletion of our WR corp with the probable losses of The Squirrel and The Jailb*tch makes me wonder how our draft strategy changes. Would we take Chad Jackson in R1 if he is available?

:bengal:

1. How much cap space does the loss of KW clear up for us? I assume around .5 million.

2. Is the R7 pick an extra pick provided the league or is it the Texans R7 pick?

1. It's $700k and change, I believe.

2. It's Houston's 7th, which would be the top pick in the seventh round.

The answers to your questions are:

1) we save 712,000 on the cap with him moving on.

2)We get houston's 7th rd draft choice, which is the 1st pick in the 7th rd.

3) I dont think it changes our draft strategy one bit, our reciever's are as follows

--Chad J, TJ Housh, Chris H, Tab P, K. Wash,

I still think the draft will shape up as the best available player in every round, with emphasis on DT,S,TE,OL, but I think we will see a WR drafted in the 5th round if we dont sign Antonio Chapman.

:cheers: Good for him, I hate to see him go...glad to see him get the chance to start...but they better leave him at 3 and no higher...the 7rd. pick is good...when Marvin said we have other areas that need addressing...that smells like Arrington...

Are the question marks piling up or what:

1) quarterback will Carson be OK? Who will be playing if he is not?

2) Center we have two rookies and they are both unproven

3) WR its a little hard to count on Henry to come back suit up and all is well. The guy will

most likely do something again. He has proven he can't be trusted.

How much can you really count on him? We did nuture Walters along and he is a loss, a high effort guy and special teams player.....something you don't get from Washington a player who we all thought was gone.

How is all the above going to get done?

#1. Carson will be back and people need to relax, because even if he isn't, he won't be gone long.

#2. Braham is still on the team and I'm more than happy having both Guycheck and Wilkerson if he's back form the injury. He was the best o-lineman in college the year he was hurt.

#3. I think Henry will be back sooner or later and all you can do is hope he doesn't F*CK up again. Chatman (if signed) puts pressure on everyone not named Chad or TJ and IMO makes K-wash expendable when Henry comes back.

I say RELAX and let things be. We all want something big to happen, but I'm more than content seeing the way things have gone so far in FA. Just like Hair said somewhere... Why rush to sign something that will be there later ??? Everyone is all about "In Marvin We Trust", then they freak out when we don't sign some LB (WE DONT NEED) to 6million a year when our D-line still SUCKS and O-line needs to be extended. Once again... RELAX !!!

WHODEY !!!