Kevin Walter a Texan

BENGAL

You guys dont getit do you? We have two go across the middle wideouts. These guys need to be able to take a beating. Walter is the only guy that fits that profile. We just got hit by the Texans. However Tab is going to get more time. His upside is outstanding. Walter was close to maxing. Let him walk and say good luck!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain...Chad, TJ, Henry and KW all had routes that go across the middle, and considering Tab's overall size/athleticism, will have the balls to go overthe middle...and....we WILL take a top TE who will shore up the middle...

Spain...relax and realize that Walter is a functional yet expendable player who just got the deal of his lifetime. All will be well in Bengaldom.

Willy expendable yes, going to hurt?(Dont know Tab is a beast) They all dont do middle routes ,hot read. Your getting a pounding. You need a sturdy guy. Perry wil be the best in the leauge at this. We wont miss him, we just are losing depth.

Tell our special teams coach that and see how loving a repsonse you get. Walter has been a mainstay on ST and you sure as hell won't get that out of Washington's lazyass..

WHODEY !!!

Maybe we match...

Bengals | Team may match Walter's offer sheet

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:39:46 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports those close to the Cincinnati Bengals believe they may match the offer sheet the Houston Texans signed Bengals WR Kevin Walter to for two reasons: head coach Marvin Lewis likes the way Walter improved last season and WR Chris Henry's off-the-field problems means Walter has become more valuable to them.

WHODEY !!!

If we spend that kind of cake for Walter, someone better search ML's office for a pipe...How tough is it to find a late round pick r5-7, especially if we get a 7 in compensation, who can step in, play ST and make some catches in 4th-5th WR duty??????

Here are 5 guys who we could grab late, or even as FA, that are Walter replacements...

Jayson Boyd 6-4, 205 4.58 UTEP

Miles Austin 6-2, 230 4.47 Monmouth

Sean Coffey 6-5, 220 4.63 Missouri

Delanie Walker 6-1, 230 4.58 Central Missouri

Joshua Tinch 6-2, 225 4.60 Louisville

the Cincinnati Bengals believe they may match

Awesome. I hope they do.

I wrote just after the tenders were placed that a 7 was not enough to keep K Walter out of FA, and here you go, 48 hours in and he's already got an offer

I say we match and thank our lucky stars we keep our WR depth and quality play on Special teams, which is undervalued by most readers here, imho

Walter replacements...

Jayson Boyd

Miles Austin

Sean Coffey

Delanie Walker

Joshua Tinch

Quite on the contrary.

What you have there is a list of guys who

a) you have no idea how they will fare in the NFL

B) you have no idea how well they will learn the Bengals system

c) you have no idea how their chemistry will be with the other Bengals

d) you have no idea how well they will play on special teams

....and by you, I don't mean you in particular....no one knows :-)

Whereas with Walter.....here is a young durable willing hard working wr with great hands who excels on special teams. A QUALITY player. One you can count on. One who knows the system here. One our QBs are confident to throw to. Also one who opposing kick returners have come to respect.....

You know what you are getting with Walter, and what you're getting is value, particularly with the near certain loss of Chris Henry.

Id like them to match the offer for Walter....He's very dependable and I think he'll get better... Noone can argue his value on special teams either...

The Texans want an over the middle tough as nails type receiver and they think enough of Walter to offer him a contract.

The Bengals should think along the same lines and keep him....

<_< You knew someone was going to sign him to a sheet...i liked him did alot of good thing when he had the chance...i don't think the Bengals will match, I hope Tab Perry can step up like some of u think...if Bengals did match i wouldn't be mad, but he can be replaced.. 1120602dodgechallengernoses7fk.jpg

Maybe we match...

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports those close to the Cincinnati Bengals believe they may match the offer sheet the Houston Texans signed Bengals WR Kevin Walter to for two reasons: head coach Marvin Lewis likes the way Walter improved last season and WR Chris Henry's off-the-field problems means Walter has become more valuable to them.

WHODEY !!!

I would like to keep Walters ...

I hope that we match and that the Texans then sign KW in place of him giving us an extra 3rd pick.

Maybe we match...

WHODEY !!!

I would like to keep Walters ...

I hope that we match and that the Texans then sign KW in place of him giving us an extra 3rd pick.

I like that Idea...

What Houston is offering, though great for the Walter family, is TOO much...geez...here is a case where the Benglas will probably overpay a 4th/5thWR/ST body... yet under-offer just about every FA who shops through town not matter how much they could help the team improve....***damn bengals.

BTW - to call him durable is no great stretch considering the amount of time he gets on the field..exactly why his offer from Houston is grossly overpaying him.

So if the Bengals match and he still signs with the Texans, is that the only way the Bengals get a R3 pick?

No if he signs with the Texans now they get the 7th round pick because the Bengals already tendered him a minimum offer before the Texan's offer. And the pick would be in NEXT years draft not THIS years draft.

If the Bengals match, he becomes a Bengal again, no compensation, the end.

In essence, the Bengals matching means that the contract the Texan's wrote becomes the contract Walter signs for the Bengals

But then can't the Texans up the offer? At what point is there a contract he signs and has to take?