Kevin Walter a Texan

BENGAL

for those asking when the pick was

"The Bengals had tendered Walter an offer at his "draft-status" level, requiring any other team signing him to compensate the Bengals with a draft pick in the same round in which Walter entered the NFL. Walter was a seventh-round draft choice of the Giants in 2003, and the Bengals will receive Houston's seventh-round choice. The draft is April 29-30."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1. Carson will be back and people need to relax, because even if he isn't, he won't be gone long.

You have to plan for the worst. Palmer still has many months of intensive rehab to work through. Set-backs happen...and they will not start him until he is 100%, not 98%, not 99%...100%.

I'll relax when they sign someone who is capable of managing this offense for up to 7 weeks and not hand-over a losing record to Palmer.

#2. Braham is still on the team and I'm more than happy having both Guycheck and Wilkerson if he's back form the injury. He was the best o-lineman in college the year he was hurt.

True dat.

#3. I think Henry will be back sooner or later and all you can do is hope he doesn't F*CK up again. Chatman (if signed) puts pressure on everyone not named Chad or TJ and IMO makes K-wash expendable when Henry comes back.

I think Henry is suspended this season, if he gets over with the law...and that is a best case. Worst case is he goes to jail...and is cut...contract voided. Chatman is a brilliant signing...PR, Slot guy and does not cost a billion dollars. I think youve got to still look at a r5-7 WR, even if KW moves on...PK Sams is still an unknown commodity.

I will miss Kevin Walter....count my among those who strongly valued his impact (figurative and literal) on special teams, as well as among those who feel is is a more than adequate possession receiver, a perfect plugin when TJ is hurt or needs a breather.

Good luck Kevin - and I look forward to hearing about you being the #2 WR - probably #3 at the very worst - in Houston. I hope there is somebody who can step into your very big shoes on ST coverage units.