AFC Championship: Bengals @ Chiefs

HoosierCat

Karras will play, no doubt in my mind

Cappa and Williams would be a surprise if they are well enough to play this weekend

We are fortunate to be getting good quality play from 3 backups

I know Carman played well at OLT  vs the Bills, but I really believe he's gonna be wrecked by the Chiefs.  I hope I am wrong.  If I was running the show, I'd be starting Adeniji at OLT and Prince at ORT.  I fully accept that some folks will disagree and say Carman worked, so dont fix what aint broke

what do you mean "uhm"?

Looks like standard attempt to gain an advantage. Happy to see bengals doing it for a change. Usually it is the Ravens picking up one of our castoffs the week before we play them...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Karras will play, no doubt in my mind

Cappa and Williams would be a surprise if they are well enough to play this weekend

We are fortunate to be getting good quality play from 3 backups

I know Carman played well at OLT  vs the Bills, but I really believe he's gonna be wrecked by the Chiefs.  I hope I am wrong.  If I was running the show, I'd be starting Adeniji at OLT and Prince at ORT.  I fully accept that some folks will disagree and say Carman worked, so dont fix what aint broke

You didn’t mention Spain once.  Are you well?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I’ll take it, ascending to villainhood.  Means we’re good, no longer lovable upstarts.  I must cite the following from the above article:  

“Since the Bengals toilet-swirled the Bills on Sunday, their victory lap looks like the start of something much, much bigger.”

On 1/22/2023 at 7:08 PM, COB said:

Man, neither of these NFC teams are even in the same league as Philly.  Would be amazing to see one of them upset the eagles next week, we can dream anyway.

Not sure … the 49ers defense looks like Super Bowl-esque to me .  And so does our Bengals D :) 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:35 PM, HoosierCat said:

Yah. While I hate the niners I am kinda rooting for purdy. Kid has a future in this league, maybe not as a starter but he could easy spend a decade pulling down 7 figures a year as a backup. Prescott meanwhile is the most over rated QB in the league.

Dak has been hyped since he got in the league .  Over Hyped in the big Jerry Jones market of Dallas .  We got the best thing out of Dallas, his name is Frank Pollack and he needs a long term extension for the results he got in Buffalo with a rag tag line .  Tobin too. He finally has hit several drafts in a row and even the off and def lines are looking good 

• Like 1

The Bengals we are seeing now in the Burrow era, makes us the luckiest Bengals fans in history… Well… at least since Mikey B. saw COB and Hoosiercat walking out of UDF bored on a late Friday night and offered them both candy and a ride in a Mikey’s just washed and sparkling classic Chevy Lumina. He even lit the cigarette lighter and shared a drag on a J of some homegrown Indian Hills ganja.  A flash of Mikey’s garter belt and the guys were convinced they’d finally made it to rarefied epic Fandom.  ( Greg Cook wallet shot hanging off Mikey’s key ring almost looked like it smiled and gave a wink, as the doors closed and Mikey took off. )

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, GapControl said:

The Bengals we are seeing now in the Burrow era, makes us the luckiest Bengals fans in history… Well… at least since Mikey B. saw COB and Hoosiercat walking out of UDF bored on a late Friday night and offered them both candy and a ride in a Mikey’s just washed and sparkling classic Chevy Lumina. He even lit the cigarette lighter and shared a drag on a J of some homegrown Indian Hills ganja.  A flash of Mikey’s garter belt and the guys were convinced they’d finally made it to rarefied epic Fandom.  ( Greg Cook wallet shot hanging off Mikey’s key ring almost looked like it smiled and gave a wink, as the doors closed and Mikey took off. )

you been talkin' to COB again, havent ya? :-)

good one

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Ok, I will ask the stupid question...

"I'm him" ???

Man, you are old. Even I know that one. Talk to your offspring, friend.

Means - "I'm the man - I'm the chosen one I'm the one you've been waiting on - I'm HIM" - used a lot with the obs --- "He is HIM" 

11 hours ago, COB said:

As someone already noted, but I will second, it’ll be a good day when Eli Apple finishes his tenure here.

I think every corner gets burned every now and then, and Apple is no exception, but overall, I do like him as a player

I emphasize player

but

I do not like it when he runs his mouth.  No need to supply motivation to other teams.  

Yeah, he waited til after the game to pile onto the Bills players, but we play them next year and his blather will be posted all over that locker room during the week of that game.  He's writing a check that the rest of the team will pay for

I do want him re-signed.  I do.  I think you need 3 solid outside corners, and he is that solid number 3 guy after Chido and CTB

But please please please someone get him to shut the fuck up and just play

19 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

A few years back the Bengals were the franchise  that would ruin Burrow.   Now they are going to win so much other fans will hate Burrow.    Whatever.     This mindset has been around sports forever.     TO had it right, "They love to hate me" 

Sure I'd love 3 titles or more.