Week 18: Ravens @ Bengals

HoosierCat

Well, I do talk about seedings, but I dont think Ive gone to the extent of bitching about it

(not saying you are referring to me, but I think its still ok for folks to wish we would have beaten the Bills and earned the 2 seed outright, with a shot at the 1 seed)

we were either a 3 or a 4 last year as best I recall, and we made it to the Big Game

Would I have preferred to pick up a higher seed?  Absolutely.  But in the big picture, its fine. 

But calling it unfair, yeah, there need be no talk of that.  What we shoulda done was take care of business in game 1 against the fucking Rapistburgers.  We made our bed in week 1, and shit it in week 2

Theres been talk that if it becomes Bills vs Bengals it gets played at a neutral site

but yeah, thats just talk

what would be far more likely is as you say.... if the Bills and Bengals both win, KC gets whoever is left aside from these two and the Bengals and Bills go at it again, this time at Buffalo

Lets hope New England beats them this weekend and we take seed 2

To be clear, no one here has been bitching about seedings. I was referring to comment sections in other sites like PFT, etc…

It’s also not to say I wouldn’t rather be playing for a shot at the 1 seed this Sunday, although we are still playing for the #2 which of course I would prefer.

But to go so far as to make stupid claims that teams were cheated and other such nonsense is beyond ridiculous.

Now see there is just as much unfair in that as anything else, for those wanting to continue being pissed.

From the Bengals perspective and since they aren’t playing the Bills Bengals game, the Bengals are AFC North champions. They have earned the home field advantage being a division champ. Now that could be removed and decided by a coin toss. 

Agree or disagree, my point is that no matter what they decide, someone is going to get hosed. In this instance not only do the Bengals now have no chance at the 1 seed, they could now lose home field advantage for a wild card game.

42 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Now see there is just as much unfair in that as anything else, for those wanting to continue being pissed.

From the Bengals perspective and since they aren’t playing the Bills Bengals game, the Bengals are AFC North champions. They have earned the home field advantage being a division champ. Now that could be removed and decided by a coin toss. 

Agree or disagree, my point is that no matter what they decide, someone is going to get hosed. In this instance not only do the Bengals now have no chance at the 1 seed, they could now lose home field advantage for a wild card game.

The Ravens/Bengals scenario is completely fair.  

With a Bengals win; any potential match with KC or Buffalo puts them on the road without the same consideration that Baltimore got.   That is not fair at all.   It should be addressed in the same manner.

I went from being pissed at people bitching, to bitching. Granted, people were bitching before this decision and mine was afterward.

There’s simply no way someone looks at this and says the Bengals made out well. They seriously went from having a shot at the #1 seed, to possibly not getting a home game as a division champion.

Sure they handle things by winning on Sunday. This is true, but that doesn’t remove the fact they made rules up on the fly in the face of existing rules and in doing so fucked the Bengals more.

There was more than one team on the field that was suffering due to what occurred Monday night.

If we can’t beat the Ravens we seriously don’t deserve a home playoff game.  They’re without Lamar, and his backup can’t throw worth shit.  I’m not joking and it’s not hyperbole to say he has one of the worst arms on a starting quarterback I’ve ever seen.  Beat the Ravens then see where the chips fall.  We got fucked over for sure but it could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

While we wait for John Harbaugh’s team to come to town for their inevitable beat down, let’s check in on his brother Jim. What’s that, you say? Jim Harbaugh is a filthy cheater who is going to get Meatchicken hammered with major sanctions? Well, isn’t that a happy note for today.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35386658/jim-harbaugh-expects-stay-michigan-nfl-reports

11 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

While we wait for John Harbaugh’s team to come to town for their inevitable beat down, let’s check in on his brother Jim. What’s that, you say? Jim Harbaugh is a filthy cheater who is going to get Meatchicken hammered with major sanctions? Well, isn’t that a happy note for today.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35386658/jim-harbaugh-expects-stay-michigan-nfl-reports

lol, NCAA cheating sanctions.    NCAA did not have enough balls to take North Carolina, Kansas or Louisville basketball with major sanctions.  They aren't going to take on any football powerhouse.  

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Agree they should absolutely beat the Ravens, but even if they do, the getting fucked over doesn’t end there. If it did, I wouldn’t be nearly as irritated.

My money (I have some change in my pockets going jing-a-ling-a-ling) is on the seedings and how they work proceeding completely unchanged, with the only difference being that the win percentage will be used instead of total wins to determine who gets what seed.  I dont see any of this neutral field and other nonsense taking place in 2022

I could see that changing for 2023, maybe, but like Pumpkin says that is best saved for offseason discussions

related aside: I threw up in my mouth a little when I realized I agreed with Pumpkin

2 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They do have a bunch to play for, but I could do without the sensationalism.

There have been a bunch of division winners stuck with the first place schedule that lost in the Wild Card round.  The slight difference would be having to play on the road, but quite frankly....  if you lose to Baltimore and that back up QB, then lose a coin flip,  then I guess everyone should have been on board with playing Monday Night despite thinking a player just died.

WTF?  Sorry, I'm not on board screwing Baltimore completely.  Beat them like they should and be done.   Tough situation but MNF was handled correctly, and making up the game is a hassle, so a coin flip if they lose seems fair to me.

The only thing to be pissed about is if Bills/Bengals meet in the divisional round and also if KC loses and they meet.

The only scenario I am comfortable with is the seeds being determined by win percentage rather than win totals, and with the seeds set, everything else proceeds as normal

which would means we're likely the three seed with an off chance at the two seed.  thats fine.  we shoulda coulda beat the Rapistburgers in game 1, but we didn't.  Live with the consequences.

I dont want any of these half-baked coin-toss-neutral-field bullshit scenarios to proceed

They can talk about that in the offseason for 2023 and beyond, but not for 2022

Oh absolutely TJ.  Have been a fan of the Bills since I deployed in 2007 and my buddy from our combat team was from Buffalo.
The Dalton situation was awesome and I really think highly of their fans.  They are great in Buffalo and on the road.

That being said, I hope they get monkey stomped on Sunday !!!