Week 18: Ravens @ Bengals

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I’m not so sure these guys are ready to play come Sunday, listening to some of there interviews it does not sound so promising. Guess will see closer to Sunday but right now it doesn’t sound very good. 

Maybe I’m reading it wrong also. 

You mean they won’t be ready because of seeing Damar get CPR and shocked?  Listen up, the year is 1974, I’m on the bus going to our 7th grade basketball game against Licking Valley.  Ron Mathias, our starting center, (dude went through puberty in like 4th grade), barfs all over the place, mostly the aisle, really.  The smell, the noise, all a complete shit show.  Like a champion I am unaffected, went and balled out (4 points and fouled out in the 3rd quarter), we won by 8 points.  
If required, I will tell that story of epic mental toughness to the Bengals in person.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, COB said:

You mean they won’t be ready because of seeing Damar get CPR and shocked?  Listen up, the year is 1974, I’m on the bus going to our 7th grade basketball game against Licking Valley.  Ron Mathias, our starting center, (dude went through puberty in like 4th grade), barfs all over the place, mostly the aisle, really.  The smell, the noise, all a complete shit show.  Like a champion I am unaffected, went and balled out (4 points and fouled out in the 3rd quarter), we won by 8 points.  
If required, I will tell that story of epic mental toughness to the Bengals in person.  

You are a true champion my friend and that’s why we love ya around here!!! 

6 hours ago, COB said:

Granville.  And I recall you went to either Watkins or LH, I can’t recall for certain which.  

That’s right. I knew we’d talked about this but couldn’t remember yours. Yes, Watkins. 

licking Valley and licking heights two of the funniest HS names possible. 

what was rest of that conference our years? Johnstown, heath, Newark Catholic, and…I am forgetting one on top of Granville. 

Florio suggesting momentum is building for Bills/Bengals cancellation.     I still do not expect a firm announcement from the league until week 18 results are known.        Bengals need to deliver on their part against the Ravens and make it an easier decision.

I don't like the Ravens just like any Bengal fan, but that would be a tough sell.   Hey you beat the Bengals twice but still aren't division champs because this game they didn't play we aren't going to finish it and basically count it as a tie.  

As hard as it is to focus right now and its understandable, the easier path for the Bengals is to win.    Still wondering what the Ravens will actually do in the game because they are looking at a possible Cincinnati rematch in Wild Card round.

17 minutes ago, membengal said:

I am guessing the good news this afternoon from the UC Hospital will go a long way toward helping the guys get mentally right to play on Sunday.

I have zero doubt that it will. Now it’s just an injury, not someone hovering between life and death. Huge, huge weight off of everyone’s shoulders.

Getting sick of people bitching about the potential seedings and how unfair it is. Well boo fucking hoo !! What’s unfair is a young man almost dying and not knowing if he will ever be able to play the game again. Unfair is what his family just went through. Those coaches and players as well.

Seedings ?? Fuck off !!

• Like 1