Off-season workouts/OTAs up to training camp thread 2022

membengal

On 6/7/2022 at 3:50 PM, membengal said:

yo. he's WAY faster than Uzomah. Like, much much faster and more agile. 

I don't know, seems a bit over-blown.  Uzomah had some moments that I haven't seen Hurst have (yet).  I'm glad they got him, if he stays healthy he's likely an upgrade in the end, so no matter.

I said often during 2020 or so that I thought the Bengals should try to model their roster after the peak Manning Colts, and they have really done that more closely than I could have expected.

Burrow has some Manning traits, notably with respect to accuracy from the pocket and pre-snap activity. He's also just really good so whatever.

Chase-Higgins-Boyd recalls pretty decently the Harrison-Wayne-Stokely build.

Mixon is at least comparable to Edgerrin James albeit not quite on that level, and he's better than Joseph Addai.

Hurst could turn out to be a Dallas Clark type, and I don't think it would surprise anyone.

If the line pans out like it ought to, then quite frankly "#2 offense in the league" sounds like underachieving (not that I would complain about that).

• Like 1

It is a big year for Pollack.   His two years with the Bengals have featured bad lines but with bad talent.    The Manning Colts were deadly with that stretch run and then running various fakes off of it. 

It will be interesting to see if the Bengals can develop a bread and butter play like that.

12 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

PFF ranks the Bengals oline as No. 8 in the league. Would be a nice change of pace if that plays out.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-unit-rankings-tiers-2022

I think the Bengals are going to be highly ranked yardage and scoring.   So they OL should benefit perception wise from that. 

I still expect a higher than normal pressure rate because Joe Burrow don't care about no sack numbers. 

I think Jonah Williams will be the biggest riser because he has been solid but the rest of line has been bad.... no media member or analyst is going to try to walk that line to praise an LT on a bad line from a team that was picked as a bottom feeder last year.

Florio ran with it, that’s why it got amplified. At least florio is making things up about a player wanting to come to cincy for a change rather than his usual making stuff up about players not wanting to be here.

I mean I would not sulk about adding OBJ.   I would wonder how the chemistry would actually work because the current top 3 could really complain about not getting the ball as much as their talent level demands.    But trading out Auden Tate for OBJ, yeah plus there.    But Tate couldn't get snaps because of the log jam.

Of course when will OBJ actually be ready to play?  Late October?  November?  So you could sign him.  PUP list so it doesn't cost you a roster spot.

If  the Bengals are going to do a deal for someone not currently under contract,  I hope its Larry O.

• Like 1