Off-season workouts/OTAs up to training camp thread 2022

membengal

On 7/18/2022 at 8:57 AM, AMPHAR said:

What does a hold out do at this point?   They can not reach a long term deal by rule, correct?     

If you are Jessie Bates do you want your "BIG" deal to come late July/August or on the open market in March?    The cap is set to  grow (some say explode) by the time next Unrestricted FA period comes about. 

To me you are going to squeeze out more money hitting that open market in March when teams will not have to give up anything for you. 

Other than to cut down on practice time (which isn't what it used to be) and avoid injury (I doubt Bengal key players will be seeing much of the field this preseason), what is the point of the hold out? 

Is forcing a trade going to get him max value? 

Hold out just screams agent posturing.  The leak of the gauranteed money is just an attempt to justify it. 

Yes I think it's either a bluff with a built-in reason to miss all of camp and maybe some of preseason, and increase his odds of not getting hurt. 

Downplay practice times all you want, but multiple starters will get hurt every year in camp or preseason, and usually at least one of those is a star or valuable starting player.  It happens every year, never fails, count on it.

I can't blame Bates for skipping and bluffing right now.  Just hope he comes back in prseason and practices at least.

10 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Those are  a bit crazy to look at when a whole team is on the field, but like them better than the orange, hoping they do the classic uni's some day again though.  They're selling the PBS stadium naming rights also, so, who knows what could happen.  Just once I'd love to see them wear these again in my lifetime:

Virgil-Carter.jpg