Round 2 (60): Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska

HoosierCat

I've been double-dipping at CB in mocks for months, so I am totally on board with the plan here. Two DBs to open the draft, both at good value, is great in my book.

Dumping #209 in the process here is a bummer, but I don't really care. They have two 7th rounders anyway. They jumped SF and KC to get this guy, and I think it's at least conceivable that it was necessary to do so.

18 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I've been double-dipping at CB in mocks for months, so I am totally on board with the plan here. Two DBs to open the draft, both at good value, is great in my book.

Dumping #209 in the process here is a bummer, but I don't really care. They have two 7th rounders anyway. They jumped SF and KC to get this guy, and I think it's at least conceivable that it was necessary to do so.

Love the pick. Love them not giving a shit about 209 - for too many years I've thought they were way too reluctant to move those low -impact picks. 

It’s literally not a reach TJ. 

he went in exactly the range he was projected.

he’s got size and premium speed, I was worried he would be gone before end of round.

i had him above mccready ( short short arms) 

Chris Simms

“Cam Taylor-Britt is an amazing pick at 60 for the @Bengals. He has a lot of the tools to be a big time nfl shutdown island corner. He didn’t play man coverage much in college. I think that’s why he was still there”

On 4/29/2022 at 10:02 PM, TJJackson said:

Well, yall knew some pick would eventually piss me off

This is the one

R E A C H that they traded up for. 

F U C K ! ! ! !

Can you say Bodine?

Why the hell do they keep taking Samples in round fucking 2?

Yeah, he has speed.  Thank god for that, at least

He was just about the last starting caliber CB left on the draft board and by all accounts someone Taylor had targeted early in the draft process having watch alot of Nebraska games.  Being the last CB with a starter grade he was most definitely going in the next 5 picks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 8:41 PM, HoosierCat said:

Yah but could he put it in the barrel?!

I don't know about a barrel, but I saw the video and the receiver only had to move a step or two to his right to catch the ball. From 85 yards, that's pretty impressive.

• Like 1

Louis Riddick
@LRiddickESPN
·
4m
Notes:
1) said many times that Taylor-Britt can be a super star.

2) I couldn’t find anything on tape NOT to like about Zach Tom to be perfectly honest.

3) Alec Pierce will be the next guy that 3 years from now people will say “how the eff did he go in the 2nd rd???)