Bubble? BUBBLE?

membengal

19 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Heard on the radio something like Bengals get first $60mil then there is 70/30 split with the county or something like that.  

Yah, that’s based on the terms in the original stadium deal with the county if the team sold naming rights. Bengals get the first $60.5 million, then the rest is split 70/30 between the team and the county (the team gets the 70 of course). The total  $$ hasn’t been disclosed but it’s a 16 year deal. Honestly I’d be surprised if its large enough to ever produce money for the county (so under the 60.5 lifetime) but who knows, companies have paid stupid huge money for naming rights before…

IMO, Mike Brown's biggest mistake was to strong arm the county into that lease and never consider public perception then going on to field shit hole teams for the end days of Riverfront and early days of PBS.   It was also during a period in which the other professional team moved out of Ohio.

Now you walk downtown there is a Bengal buzz.  Black and Orange who dey signs line 2nd and 3rd street in July during Reds season.  Its nice.

I hope some of this naming rights money goes into the stadium or to county this time around to give a better perception.    You got the Cleveland Clowns up north being themselves.    Keep this good vibe going and maybe for once they could have the biggest fan base in Ohio at some point.

That's sad to be honest.

I think it was mentioned before how little Paul Brown is mentioned when discussing influential people on professional football.  I really liked the stadium bearing his name.

The take away is I will really like being able to sign Burrow and Chase to long term deals and other players in the future.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, COB said:

It’s progress.  I choose to focus on what Mike said, something like his dad would approve because it is what is good for the football team.

I agree, they should put up a banner with Mike’s giant face on it and an inspirational quote. Maybe something about an ox cart and a ditch.

37 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I agree, they should put up a banner with Mike’s giant face on it and an inspirational quote. Maybe something about an ox cart and a ditch.

With him wearing a generic Paul Brown Stadium hat.      That was probably one of the best moments of last year.    Mike Holding the AFC Championship trophy wearing some Paul Brown Stadium hat standing next to Icky wearing a huge "B" in a plastic bag.

Just great and I would love that to be placed on the facade of Paycor stadium.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Ok, Sam Wyche erasure is taking things too far!

I love the "you live in Cincinnati" moment but its time to make sure the post 80 Bengals are represented.     The 80 Bengals drive much of the memories but now you have to get stuff in there that younger fans will think back to and maybe stuff  that actually happened in that stadium.

1. Obviously anything from last year's run would do.

2. I think Dillon smashing Denver deserves something in that stadium - given the crap that was that team.  That certainly has to be one of the top individual performances in the NFL.  In the first season of PBS. 

3. Warrick vs. KC

4. Chad certainly did many memorable things.

Mike Brown holding the Lamar Hunt trophy, hanging out of the sunroof of his Lumina, while pulling an oxcart ??

Speaking of the bubble, there's another opportunity for sponsor money.
Naming rights to the practice field? Huge logo on the roof able to be seen from space?
Don't half ass it Bengals, sell it all !!!

Just keep it off the uniforms.

• Like 1