Week 15: Bengals @ Broncos

HoosierCat

What happened to Carman ??

Is he hurt or are they not considering him at the RT spot with Reiff out ?? I find that hard to believe since the OT positions were natural to him at Clemson. He got beat out of the OG conversation and now shitbag Johnson is going to start ahead of him ??

Heres to hoping he’s hurt because if not, that’s not a good look.

Hope Burrow makes it through the season with no further injuries.  What an offense that could be if they had a "good" o-line.  I don't know how they fix that in one off-season. 

Also is there a f**king reason thse o-lineman here kep getting hurt here?? They need to do the opposite of whatever theyr'e doing now with the o-line.

I look forward to seeing what the Big Johnson (the man sometimes known as Fred) can do at ORT.  He's had several good starts at OT for us over the years

I never saw Reiff as anything more than a stopgap, and honestly,  his presence stopped he Bengals from developing anyone at ORT

Given what we've seen of Jackson Carman this season, I am guessing he isnt going to become a starter.  This could change, and I certainly hope it does, but I am not banking on it.  Meanwhile I am not forgetting that we passed up this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0G0ce_XMw

to take Carman.  Very, very, VERY bad and sad decision, at least as things now stand. 

Again, I hope Carman gets his head in the game and turns it around, given that all the physical tools are there.

We need two more lineman in FA/Draft next year.  Last offseason, I said ORT and ORG.  With Adeniji seeming to be the puzzle piece that fits at ORG, the need shifts to OC, while we still need a starting quality ORT.  The kid from Iowa needs to put on about 20 pounds to be the starting OC, but if he does, will he be able to move as well as he does now?

If they take a WR before round 6 in 2022, or if they take a WR who cant return punts and/or kickoffs, I will scream bloody murder

15 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Hope Burrow makes it through the season with no further injuries.  What an offense that could be if they had a "good" o-line.  I don't know how they fix that in one off-season. 

Also is there a f**king reason thse o-lineman here kep getting hurt here?? They need to do the opposite of whatever theyr'e doing now with the o-line.

Linemen get hurt everywhere. Ravens never even made it out of camp healthy on the line.

15 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Bengals have the 2nd best OL situation in the AFC North because injuries to Baltimore. 

Depth is definitely an area for improvement.  The question will be drafting or trust development. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Every game from here on out is basically a must-win if they want to sort of control their own destiny.   Let's hope their game plan involves aggressive play-calling on both sides of the ball and not more of Taylor tucking his pecker between his legs as usual.

32 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Bengals have the 2nd best OL situation in the AFC North because injuries to Baltimore. 

Depth is definitely an area for improvement.  The question will be drafting or trust development. 

Or both...I really think they need to replace anyone involved with coaching or scouting that position group, and develop a plan to address the situation, spend some $$,  fix it, clean house.  It's a mess.  I think Jonah's really the only one that's a must-keep right now, and even he isn't all that great, and can be moved to G or RT if needed.  Enough is enough, you're wasting a franchise QB right now as he's going to be crippled by the time he's 30 at this rate.