General AFC North thread

Stripes

And here I thought it was so great when Watson first turned his back on the Browns. Now he not only joins them and convinces the Browns to give him a guaranteed contract, but they gave up 3 first rounders and now look like he won’t even play in 2022.

Stupid fucking Browns.
Couldn’t happen to a better team and fanbase. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

And here I thought it was so great when Watson first turned his back on the Browns. Now he not only joins them and convinces the Browns to give him a guaranteed contract, but they gave up 3 first rounders and now look like he won’t even play in 2022.

Stupid fucking Browns.

I'm torn.   Yes,  laugh at the Browns and their dumb decisions.    Goodell's behavior policies are a joke and I've said this since the days of our bad bengals.

1st - It makes the players targets.  Watson isn't going to be prosecuted criminally.  Maybe the player's deserve it, maybe they don't.   That is why I do not care about the Carman report that dropped on draft day.    These policies give the accusers leverage that the United States legal system says there is not enough evidence or no crime.   They can use the loss of paycheck and career.  If you remove this leverage would you even hear about this stuff?  Which leads to point 2:

2nd - His policies were enacted under the guise of protecting the reputation of the league.   They have done the exact opposite.   Because the policies punish the players and have direct result on the on field results these thing get 100 times or more the attention.    

Yeah,  I remember all the Browns fan running their mouths about Criminal Bengals back in 2005 or whatever.   I remember saying wait your turn.    There is just a certain low percentage of dirt ball in the pool of players that ALL teams pick from.  

Yes,  fun to laugh at Watson and the Browns now.   But these are bad policies by the league.  Every team is at risk no matter how much they want to do back ground checks etc.

Then do not even get me started on the player safety bullshit that seemingly has 1 or 2 big game swinging moments every league week. 

I mean he tried to suspend or did  suspend Burfict for a shoulder to shoulder hit in a preseason game that did not even draw a penalty.    

There is just simply a better way to implement player behavior and safety policies.   It would require the owners building a bridge with the players but it does not seem like Goodell would give up the power.   

Honestly, I don’t care about anything Goodell does or his stupid policies until they impact the Bengals. He’s an afterthought to me unless something ignorant, like his testimony, happens.

I just like laughing at the Browns.

Carman ??
Yeah, he’s a fucking dirtbag. No debating that. That girl was underage and he admitted to having sex with her. Maybe, maybe not rape, but fucking dirtbag as hell. If he were no longer be a Bengal, I wouldn’t lose any sleep.

7 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Honestly, I don’t care about anything Goodell does or his stupid policies until they impact the Bengals. He’s an afterthought to me unless something ignorant, like his testimony, happens.

I just like laughing at the Browns.

Carman ??
Yeah, he’s a fucking dirtbag. No debating that. That girl was underage and he admitted to having sex with her. Maybe, maybe not rape, but fucking dirtbag as hell. If he were no longer be a Bengal, I wouldn’t lose any sleep.

Mixon's no saint either. 

23 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Mixon's no saint either. 

Color me silly, but I see a difference in a fight breaking out where racial slurs were being used and a girl got hit after hitting someone first…. and someone having (reportedly) unwanted sex with a girl who was underage.

Yes, Mixon probably should have held back, but I can rationalize how that went down.

Admitting to sleeping with an underage girl and she reported it was not consensual is a little different for me.

Not expecting anyone to agree, just saying.
There are plenty of dirtbags in the NFL.

• Like 2

Gonna have to wear rubber gloves to handle that “contemporaneous evidence.” 

The Browns pile mistakes on top of blunders on top of self-destructive idiocy.  That owner, man, there is no one like him.  He’s just an incompetent poser.

12 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Color me silly, but I see a difference in a fight breaking out where racial slurs were being used and a girl got hit after hitting someone first…. and someone having (reportedly) unwanted sex with a girl who was underage.

Yes, Mixon probably should have held back, but I can rationalize how that went down.

Admitting to sleeping with an underage girl and she reported it was not consensual is a little different for me.

Not expecting anyone to agree, just saying.
There are plenty of dirtbags in the NFL.

Eh, Goodell created another avenue of justice for accuser of NFL players aside from criminal and civil cases.    That is why you think you know the details to judge Carman.

A clear example of why his policies are dumb.     Maybe Carman is a bad person.  But as far as I know he's not being pursued criminally and there is not a civil case being placed against him.   So?    They go the Goodell route to see if they can register enough attention to pressure a settlement? 

Basically makes your players a target AND still throws dirt in the media.

Deshaun Watson sounds like a dirt ball.  However, Goodell's policy make this a featured subject every morning on everything but NFL controlled NFL network.     If he would have set his policies based on actual criminal findings he would be in a better spot.   He can't now because he decided back in 2005 to act above those systems.   It burns the league each and every time a player does something wrong.  That will continue to happen because there are inherent low percentage of dirt balls that can play football. 

Yeah I think this division will be competitive enough spots 1-4 that the total number of wins needed will be 10-12.     Baltimore with Lamar Jackson seems to be the only team besides the Bengals that could put up that win total IF the Browns are without Watson.    

Wild Card spots are going to be interesting because the AFC West is probably stronger than the AFC North collectively.    So they will beat up on each other but they get the AFC South but also mixed in the NFC West (which is another solid division 1-4).

AFC North gets AFC East and NFC South which aren't great.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:07 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Stupid fucking Browns.

well, if I had the choice, I'd honestly much rather it happened to the Steelers

or the Patriots or Ravens, but these are a very very very distant second and third

Browns would be 4th

Browns fans were not really accepting at the start of the trade.   That was at a time when the perception of the Watson situation had an end nearing.  Instead it got worse.   Now Brown fans are private eyes and lawyers, lol. 

Whenever Watson plays, IF the team struggles its going to be open season on Watson in Cleveland.     I think the ownership really can not afford to have any QB have playoff success in Watson's absence.    It would make it even harder.

Imagine Watson having to replace Mayfield that was .500 or better.  

Yes let’s hurry up and impose artificial punishments glossed over with semantics so we can get this sex offender back in the league, so when he reoffends we’ll ensure the league takes maximum damage.  Brilliant.  

• Like 2

So 10.5 million is the cost of getting rid of a player you didn't properly communicate with and pissed off.
Nothing like a 5th rounder to make up for losing your #1 overall pick.
And Browns fans wonder why everyone makes fun of them.
If it were any team but Cleveland, I might feel bad for them.
Who am I kidding? No I wouldn't.

• Like 1

I saw that as well. I’m rooting for Baker to have a career game, throwing for over 450 yards, 4 TD’s and no picks while blowing out the Browns 45-7.

Won’t happen, but damn I would pay extra just to see Clowns fans absolutely lose their collective shit.

• Like 1