Jump to content
Stripes

General AFC North thread

Recommended Posts

Kek

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this was worth sharing. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bengals are not a bad team (at least over the last decade), just an average squad in the same mediocre pile with teams like the Charger, Bears and Panthers. You know who is epically bad? Cleveland. Only the Jags are even remotely close to their pathetic 42 wins. Even perennial punchline Detroit is light years closer to Cincy than the Clowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Thought this was worth sharing. Contrary to popular opinion, the Bengals are not a bad team (at least over the last decade), just an average squad in the same mediocre pile with teams like the Charger, Bears and Panthers. You know who is epically bad? Cleveland. Only the Jags are even remotely close to their pathetic 42 wins. Even perennial punchline Detroit is light years closer to Cincy than the Clowns.

The Bengals just never really shook that 90s label.    Like next year when they make the playoffs there will be some talking head spewing this isn't your "same ole Bengals".     Bengals move slowly for change but they haven't been that lowly and hopeless for a long time.  Literally anything positive that happens to the Bengals people start spouting off "This isn't the same Bengals".

Eventually a micro phone will find its way to a former player talking about jock straps or something that happened 30 years ago.

That's why it was funny to me when they trolled Joe Thomas about the cart. 

What decade is this?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, HoosierCat said:
 

I've said it a thousand times and I think this really helps prove it; the Bengals would be a middle to upper tier squad in most other divisions. Imagine what our record would be like if we were swapped with the Pats or the Colts. Even being in the AFCN, we still have as many or nearly as many wins as many of the second place teams in other divisions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 101Airborne said:

I've said it a thousand times and I think this really helps prove it; the Bengals would be a middle to upper tier squad in most other divisions. Imagine what our record would be like if we were swapped with the Pats or the Colts. Even being in the AFCN, we still have as many or nearly as many wins as many of the second place teams in other divisions. 

I would love to dump Baltimore for Indy.   Would add nice road trips for the whole division. 
 

Would have sucked during Peyton years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've long suggested a three-way swap of the Dolphins, Ravens, and Colts to make the divisions make sense. Colts to the AFCN, Dolphins to the AFCS, and Ravens to the AFCE. I know it'd screw with "rivalries", but who cares.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly just swapping Baltimore and Indy would make a ton of sense.   Baltimore in the AFC North makes as much sense as booking a winter vacation in Duluth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wink Martindale came for Burrow and...Wink Martindale no longer has a job as DC in Baltimore

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that too Mem.
Martindale out in Baltimore.

Guess Baltimore wasn’t ready to buy a gold jacket for him, huh??

Fuck Face !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you come for Burrow, you best not miss

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bart Scott is dumb….none of those Raven or D coaches are going to be around to revenge the supposed running up the score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Bart Scott is dumb….none of those Raven or D coaches are going to be around to revenge the supposed running up the score

What's especially stupid about the "running up the score" thing is that they did the exact same thing last year. I've seen Raven's fans bitch about this while admitting it. Somehow it's all well and good if their guy is trying to set a record though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet Ja'Marr Chase has a profound impact on the 2022 draft....the NFL is a copycat league and I bet other teams will overdraft WR trying to capture lightning in a bottle...thing is ...there are no Ja'Marr Chases in this draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's certainly going to encourage at least three teams to overdraft/sign in the secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve thought the same thing. How many teams will try to pair college WR/QB combos, thinking there will be better chemistry ?? While it’s not a bad idea in and of itself, those QB’s and WR’s aren’t Burrow and Chase.

Good luck with that…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben in the front row.  Hey Steeler fans, the 4 AFC QBs in the divisional round were Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Tannehill.  Who you guys have?  No one, but you at least have a tough talking coach.  Enjoy the basement fuckheads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COB said:

Ben in the front row.  Hey Steeler fans, the 4 AFC QBs in the divisional round were Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, and Tannehill.  Who you guys have?  No one, but you at least have a tough talking coach.  Enjoy the basement fuckheads.

It's not the best year to need a QB in the draft from most accounts.
I don't see much I think will be impact players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the Steelers being big spenders on a QB, but they are on the bottom rung in the AFC North so who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×