Coaching changes on staff

membengal

On 1/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, Wraith said:

Yep, rock solid, preaches fundamentals, exactly what the Jets need right now.

Hopefully he has learned from the Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict fiasco that character counts.

Sounds like something the bengals need at this point as well. Not saying Marvin but a coach who actually coaches that stuff. 

4 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

so even though the Bengals continue to refuse to admit that any assistants were terminated...........this hiring says Turner was terminated

what a fucked up way to do business

just come out and say - yeah, we let Turner go

That might give Mike a flashback to when his father got fired by the Browns.  

There are two Hobson pieces of Bengals.com right now about Pollack

There is - amazingly - still no announcement from the Bengals that they've terminated Turner

Nothing in these articles, nothing on the website, nothing on Twitter - N O T H I N G

Just.....amazing

god this organization sucks

later this week, Taylor?  later this week my ass!!!!!  

Man I can't wait til you're powerwashing COBs driveway

I am not sure what to say about the new WR coach, ie the asst WR coach promoted to full WR coach

I also dont understand why Bicknell left....he was fine, as far as I know......the report I read said that there was a mutual understanding that they should part ways.  I dont know how to interpret that

Still no confirmation on any other coaches (aside from the rb coach) staying or leaving as far as know

Just for gits and shiggles, I want to mention here that Hue Jackson was once our RB coach, and we have an opening at that very spot.........

7 hours ago, TJJackson said:

so weird, I wonder why we ever signed a guy we essentially knew was not gonna provide continuity is we wanted it

Wasn't he a holdover from Marvin's staff?

ETA - yes, yes he was.

Here's the wiki - he's been...around. Never anywhere long. The three years here actually matches his longest tenure anywhere...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bicknell

You can't just look at Center's Pass Pro grade without taking into account the number of snaps he protected 1 v 1.   Since 2018 more defenses seem to be playing NTs over the Center in pass rush situations.   

A lot of Price's pass pro snaps could have been in help situations.   Tough to determine anything by it.

He was worse or as bad as Bodine in 2018. 

per James Rapien

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/andre-carter-interview-bengals-defensive-line

Former all-pro DE Andre Carter will interview for the DL coach job next week. The former 1st round draft pick by the 49ers, played for 12 seasons for 4 teams. In 2017, he worked with Lou as Asst DL coach. He moved with Adam Gase to the Jets where for the last 2 seasons he was DL coach

"He helped the 2019 Jets become one of the most stout defenses against the run. Opponents averaged just 3.34 yards-per-carry and New York forced 117 runs for zero or negative yards, which was the most in the NFL."

• Like 1

Wade Phillips just announced that he’s looking to coach again.  He’s one of the best defensive coordinators in existence.  He would bring experience and in-depth knowledge of how to scheme against specific offenses.  

The Bengals should absolutely hire him