Sign in to follow this  
membengal

Dunlap traded to the Seahawks

20 minutes ago, COB said:

Very true, all of it.  But if the season continues the way it’s been going, it’ll be tough for Zac to walk in there and say something along the lines of, “Well, I’m averaging two or three wins a year, and that’s really promising so status quo it is!”  The defense has not been good under Lou.  The offense is absolutely showing promise.  

Yup. And the offense (meaning Joe Burrow) is what both the staff and FO have bet on pulling their collective asses out of the fire. That they can scrape together enough wins to be able to sell fans on Zac: Year 3.

The only way I'd buy Taylor here, is if he were brought in as an OC under an experienced HC who can put together a staff.  That's it really.  I like watching his offense for the most part, they score points despite a horrible o-line, can't really take that away from him.

• Like 1

Also saw Ogbuehi in the game, hard to believe he’s even in the league as bad as he was with us.  I’m glad to see Carlos play well.  Was a great team guy for years until he got benched.  

36 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

2 sacks including the game winner tonight.   Still scratching my head a bit over that move.  

Missing Carlos, not missing Kirkpatrick.  By the time he left I’d just had it with his undisciplined play, which was on display last night.  To his credit, his tackling looked better, more intensity and effort.  

He was done with the Bengals and they were done with him.   

Now he's in contract mode....he's got $13mil to play for next year OR hit UFA off a big  second half.

I

7 hours ago, Stripes said:

I mean it's pretty clear he wasn't going to be playing that way here.

Right. Why are people skipping over that rather salient detail?