Farewell Andy Dalton

Stripes

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

It would not surprise me to learn Marvin Lewis in the stadium with Cowboys gear on.  

I’ve seen that primetime flop so many times. 

Yup. I thought I was watching a Bengals game. Dalton plays poorly, his star RB puts the ball on the ground twice, leading to 14 Arizona points, his oline is trash, his receivers drop multiple balls including a wide open would-be TD and the defense gets burned for multiple big plays. The only thing missing were some wasted Dallas time outs.

Dalton got lit up.  I’ve always thought QB rules puts them in danger.  

The slide rule needs removed, IMO.   That way they don’t risk the late slide and get down faster or not run at all. 

sliding opens them up to big time injury.   

That’s what happened between Geathers and Trent Green.   I think that effectively ended his career. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a close business associate who lives in Chicago and is a huge Bears fan.  He was all “Arrrghhh!” when they signed Andy a couple days ago.  

I told him, look, the die is cast.  You might as well enjoy the false promise of September Andy Dalton.  The fact that later in the season he’ll throw the ball into the back of his center’s helmet, then fall down for no reason and break his thumb, should not detract from the sublime throws he’ll make in early season games against shitty teams.  Just enjoy him, Andy’s a great dude.  

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, COB said:

I have a close business associate who lives in Chicago and is a huge Bears fan.  He was all “Arrrghhh!” when they signed Andy a couple days ago.  

I told him, look, the die is cast.  You might as well enjoy the false promise of September Andy Dalton.  The fact that later in the season he’ll throw the ball into the back of his center’s helmet, then fall down for no reason and break his thumb, should not detract from the sublime throws he’ll make in early season games against shitty teams.  Just enjoy him, Andy’s a great dude.  

Yep. He's probably an upgrade to Trubisky, but not by much, and will just break your heart in the end every time - not worth it.  

• 3 months later...

I told you there was something odd about this guy, I picked up on it when he was on Hard Knocks as a rookie.  Weird dude.  Was working out with his wife.  They were the super annoying fitness couple.   Didn't seem too bright, as far as general intellect goes.  Got that vibe any ways.  

Now this:

E5JZ5hHXEAA6gFn?format=jpg&name=large

• 1 month later...

Bears' fans are giving Andy a short leash it seems, and are obviously not in favor of him starting, visibliy booing him as he trots onto the field here.  This throw wasn't anything special,  just a toss-up Adams made a great play on, but he did throw it right after he came out to the boo's.

Dalton Throws 72 Yd TD

• 4 weeks later...