Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ArmyBengal

1st Round Pick: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Recommended Posts

I didn't want to jinx the whole thing by actually placing his name in the thread title.
I can't be responsible for the breakdown of society as we know it in Cincinnati !!!

That being said, I can't wait to tune in tonight to hear him announce Joe Burrow's name !!!

WHOMOTHERFUCKINGDEY !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

With the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select: ???

I have no idea. It’s a complete mystery this year. Pulling for Chase myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the offer from the Dolphins was  Detroit's 3rd and Miami's 5th for the #1 pick per Adam Schecter, this of course was turned down by the Bengals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they were going to convince Detroit to move back to 18 to get pick 3? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, seeing nfl media types over the last couple days posting, “ Cincinnati not willing to trade first pick” type stories.  No shit.  
 

All that bullshit about Burrow pulling an Eli?  They didn’t care about Burrow.  It was just a feeling of “The franchise we like to portray Cinci to be just doesn’t deserve this player.”  Fuck them, particularly Dan Patrick.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is they offered 18 and 26 plus a second to get #3 and then they turned around and offered #3 and #5 to cincy for #1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, COB said:

Funny, seeing nfl media types over the last couple days posting, “ Cincinnati not willing to trade first pick” type stories.  No shit.  
 

All that bullshit about Burrow pulling an Eli?  They didn’t care about Burrow.  It was just a feeling of “The franchise we like to portray Cinci to be just doesn’t deserve this player.”  Fuck them, particularly Dan Patrick.

Preach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#3 and #5 for the #1 ??

Fucking hilarious.
So basically "trade" #1 for #3 and throw in an extra pick.
Dumbest fucking offer I've ever seen for a franchise QB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, COB said:

Funny, seeing nfl media types over the last couple days posting, “ Cincinnati not willing to trade first pick” type stories.  No shit.  
 

All that bullshit about Burrow pulling an Eli?  They didn’t care about Burrow.  It was just a feeling of “The franchise we like to portray Cinci to be just doesn’t deserve this player.”  Fuck them, particularly Dan Patrick.

It’s all about the $$$$$. The national sports media can make a lot more money off of Burrow in NY or Chicago or Dallas or Miami or, frankly, almost anywhere else than Cincinnati, which if IIRC is the second- or third-smallest NFL market.

In Patrick’s case tho, yes, he’s just a dick.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

#3 and #5 for the #1 ??

Fucking hilarious.
So basically "trade" #1 for #3 and throw in an extra pick.
Dumbest fucking offer I've ever seen for a franchise QB.

Let me add one more thing.

Fuck you Miami !!! Eat a dick !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

It’s all about the $$$$$. The national sports media can make a lot more money off of Burrow in NY or Chicago or Dallas or Miami or, frankly, almost anywhere else than Cincinnati, which if IIRC is the second- or third-smallest NFL market.

In Patrick’s case tho, yes, he’s just a dick.
 

Alot of guys that grew up in the greater Cincy area in the 70's have an anti-Bengals bias.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This won't happen, and as much as I actually do like Burrow, am not sure he's worth all of that, if anyone is, but seriously the doubt the Bengals' have any intention of even entertaining the offer if it were to happen.  I'm not sure why the Dolphins would even go through all of that, if they already know the answer either - kind of strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

 

This won't happen, and as much as I actually do like Burrow, am not sure he's worth all of that, if anyone is, but seriously the doubt the Bengals' have any intention of even entertaining the offer if it were to happen.  I'm not sure why the Dolphins would even go through all of that, if they already know the answer either - kind of strange.

If this did happen I would use 3 and 5 to pick Simmons or Young and the best Tackle on your board rather than Herbert or Tagovailoa.  Of course I would also need a 2nd  and third in this draft and another first in next years plus DeVante Parker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should figure out where Burrow is in town and hand him one of my Bengals hats at around 8:00 PM.

Before his family calls the police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stripes said:

I should figure out where Burrow is

I Understand he’s cleaning out COB’s garage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so it’s official wearing No. 9?

I was wondering because he wore 10 in high school basketball and football.  Wore 10 at OSU.

Has 10 in his twitter handle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I better not have to spend the next decade tolerating people calling him "Burrows". That has been the single most annoying thing about the offseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

so it’s official wearing No. 9?

I was wondering because he wore 10 in high school basketball and football.  Wore 10 at OSU.

Has 10 in his twitter handle.

 

Huber wears 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×