General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

They have time. Including the draft. 

Speaking of which, I still CANNOT get over this. Here's the new set of picks thanks to the Texans having some sort of seizure re: Finley...

Ben_Baby
·
11m
Bengals 2021 draft picks, 
Round 1: 5
2: 38
3: 69
4: 111
5: 149
6: 190, 202
7: 235

Former pick 233 became pick 202. That's a massive jump in value. 

It's crazy. That is a huge deal - swapping into top of 6th round from top of 7th round. For RYAN FINLEY. 

Also, LOVE this...

After Reiff pushed away from the table with Burrow and Bengals defensive end Sam Hubbard, Reiff had made up his mind. 'I went away from eating that steak and I was like I want to block for this guy,' Reiff said. 'Seeing him on the film, but he's even better off the field.'"

hobson

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

It's crazy. That is a huge deal - swapping into top of 6th round from top of 7th round. For RYAN FINLEY. 

Also, LOVE this...

while I have never met them man, you may recall that I was highly resistant to drafting him last year....and slowly I came around.

part of my coming around was seeing what a person he was.......the type of person who could inspire and lead others, bring confidence and raise the level of those around him

he quite literally is all that and then some.....this aside from his qualities as a quarterback

sorry If I am coming off as a potential girlfriend........but I do mean that genuinely

30 minutes ago, membengal said:

It's from his shoulder injury last year. Allows him to recoup $2 million if he can't play again I believe. 

word is that said funds hit our 2021 cap, if he files for and is eligible for this cash.

If he signs elsewhere for at least 2 million, there'd be no liability to us....I think

12 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Wraith:  now that the #WhoTrai movement is underway in the Twitterverse, can you break down for me how many snaps Trai Turner took each year at each position he played?

Going back to 2017?

How do they have cap room still? I can't keep up with the money saved (if any) from all the cuts and signings. 

9 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

How do they have cap room still? I can't keep up with the money saved (if any) from all the cuts and signings. 

It's all accounting shenanigans. It's just that we don't usually aggressively do that (hence Hobson's annual "they are out of money" piece). But other teams do play around at the margins. The last few years the Bengals have started dipping their toe into that a bit. They have money if they need it to sign someone under the cap. 

They've not even used the cap room they had to start with....by this I mean, the cap room they had before releasing Hart and Geno

on a related note: Its funny how Hobson hasn't yet noted that they have exceeded the cap room he claimed to be all they had in his yearly cap hobsonization piece a week or two back

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

They've not even used the cap room they had to start with....by this I mean, the cap room they had before releasing Hart and Geno

on a related note: Its funny how Hobson hasn't yet noted that they have exceeded the cap room he claimed to be all they had in his yearly cap hobsonization piece a week or two back

I wonder if he even bothers to consult with the family anymore before putting up spin articles about cap spending, or if he just assumes his mission is always to downplay immediately.