Bengals take Burrow but .........

Scottishbengal

Basically there’s two media holdouts still in the “Burrow doesn’t want to play for Cincy” camp. One is PFT, who are just trolling/clickbaiting because it’s what they do. The other is Dan Patrick, who reportedly played a tiny out of context snippet of Burrow’s remarks today and then went on to talk about all the made up crap from the last few weeks. He’s clearly showed himself to be a hater.

It was sort of like Arizona taking Murray last year number one.  When considering going #1, you knew he would rather have Larry Fitzgerald there than not.
Can't see why Burrow would rather NOT have AJ to throw the ball to.  If AJ is healthy, I think Burrow gets him back to pro bowl level with great quickness.

• Like 1

I remember the following from all the write-ups about Zac Taylor when we hired him:

He was offensive player of the year in the big 12 in 2006 or something.  I can’t remember if he was even drafted.  Anyway he recalled the first time he picked up an NFL football.  It’s different than the college ball, bigger.  Anyway, he said as soon as he gripped that ball he knew, “I’m not going to be able to throw this thing.”  And he really never could, he washed out in like one year.

2 hours ago, COB said:

I remember the following from all the write-ups about Zac Taylor when we hired him:

He was offensive player of the year in the big 12 in 2006 or something.  I can’t remember if he was even drafted.  Anyway he recalled the first time he picked up an NFL football.  It’s different than the college ball, bigger.  Anyway, he said as soon as he gripped that ball he knew, “I’m not going to be able to throw this thing.”  And he really never could, he washed out in like one year.

I dunno looks pretty good to me.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I am now 100 percent convinced the reason mem is going to this year’s draft is to ask Joe Burrow to marry him. :grin:

I've waited a long time since the Boomer years for another qb with "it" for this team. I'm gonna enjoy every fucking minute of this.

• Like 1

Quoting this from a poster on go-bengals who has been recapping Sirius XM interviews today - here was Burrow's:

BURROW

First of all it was one of the most impressive interviews I've heard. I'm sure we're going to be getting all kinds of offers after teams talk to him and I hope we shut them all down.

Hand size. Unlike many on here he understands it's an issue, but one he mitigates by keeping both hands on the ball in the pocket. This was perhaps the best answer he gave, He could have easily said "It doesn't matter" but he understands it does and knows how to correct it

Bengals. Said he hasn't came right out and said "I'd love to play for the Bengals" because he respects the Bengals choice in the matter and doesn't presume he'll go 1OA. Will absolutely play for the Bengals if drafted. Said he may not have handled as well as he could, Jim Mills said he handled it pefectly.

Not participating at combine. Says now that he's here he looks at other QBs and wants to see how he'd "stack up" against them. But he said they just got too much of a head start preparing for the combine as he was busy winning a National Championship

Transfer. Seriously considered going to OU to plat both Football and Basketball (apparently a very good PG), but Coach O from LSU wouldn't stop. Kept talking to his brother saying "We got to get him down here"

On being a team leader. Just keep your head down and keep grinding until the others recognize it

Idol. Drew Brees, grew up idolizing him and watched a lot of his game tape because of the Joe Brady connection

Protection. Loves 5 man, doesn't want the TE and RB to help because it invites blitz and takes them away as a passing option. Loves 5 man and when defenses try to blitz it. Says he gets them on the pre-snap read, Talked LSU into going into 5 man once he earned trust

26 minutes ago, membengal said:

That was Grossi. He's now suspended. 

I know. I just can’t stop listening and I crack up every time. 

“we missed out on Mahomes, now we’re missing out on this guy Burrow, and who we got, a fukking midget” LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have to give it to the media, they didn’t waste any time pivoting to phase two of the narrative, which is predictably that Burrow sucks. Because if the Bengals take him, that means by definition he’s a bad pick, because Bengals.

I’ve seen no less than three stories today, all making the same lockstep arguments. Burrow is a one year wonder. He has small hands. He lacks maturity (apparently because he jokes about the small hands thing on Twitter, so now he’s flippant). Weak arm. Won at LSU because of all the talent around him. Scored a minus-5 billion on the wonderlic (not sure where that’s coming from but whatever).Tua and Herbert are both better. 

It’s fukking hilarious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Without diminishing anything about him as a player, I am really really really really starting to like Burrow as a person. Really.

He’s growing on me too. His refusal to grant the current circus in Indy the faux importance it always gets from the media is refreshing. The hand size tweet and the media rush to the fainting couches alone was *chef’s kiss*.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

He’s growing on me too. His refusal to grant the current circus in Indy the faux importance it always gets from the media is refreshing. The hand size tweet and the media rush to the fainting couches alone was *chef’s kiss*.

He really has managed this perfectly.  That speaks well of his ability to manage the circus inside the NFL.

• Like 1