Bengals take Burrow but .........

Scottishbengal

Dalton was ASS outside the pocket.   He just never had a feel for it at all.   A lot of time he would run himself into a bad situation that generally results in a safe but uncatchable destined to be incomplete side line pass.       Although,  I couldn't really blame him the past couple years but Dalton would constantly run out of the pocket way too early or when it was not needed at all.    He just never had a sense for it and that part of his game never was great.

Yes there will be hella difference.     I can't wait for Burrow to run and throw for scouts.    I am betting the display will destroy the old perceptions based off dated draft reports.    You simply don't have that type of accuracy with a pop gun arm and bad feet.   

4 hours ago, membengal said:

The differences between dalton and burrow on this aspect of playing qb are going to be...hella stark:

Amphar, total agreement. Literally, if this is Dalton, he flees left or right into a sack or hurried throwaway. 

Rapoport says Bengals will work with Dalton on a trade: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bengals-to-work-with-andy-dalton-on-trade-out-of-cincinnati-005621400.html

Just sounds like common sense speculation to me, forget who from the Bengals' said it a few weeks ago (Tobin?), but he said they would basically "take care" of Andy  and do what's best for him - basically they won't release him at a bad time or trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go, is what was implied.

They're not going to pay a back-up QB $17 mil, and I swear to God they better sign a worthwhile FA or two and not just rely on the draft with that $$ and the rest of  the cap.  You won TWO games, you don't just sit back and draft more rookies after 4 losing seasons, spend $$$ and go after some players or GTFO. (Taylor's season ticket letter only mentioned the draft and the #1 pick,  for what that's worth).  Oh, and he says in it that "they pick at the top of every round so there'll be lots of good, young players," lol).

It's like "hey! Thank me for only winning 2 games!"

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Rapoport says Bengals will work with Dalton on a trade: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-bengals-to-work-with-andy-dalton-on-trade-out-of-cincinnati-005621400.html

Just sounds like common sense speculation to me, forget who from the Bengals' said it a few weeks ago (Tobin?), but he said they would basically "take care" of Andy  and do what's best for him - basically they won't release him at a bad time or trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go, is what was implied.

They're not going to pay a back-up QB $17 mil, and I swear to God they better sign a worthwhile FA or two and not just rely on the draft with that $$ and the rest of  the cap.  You won TWO games, you don't just sit back and draft more rookies after 4 losing seasons, spend $$$ and go after some players or GTFO. (Taylor's season ticket letter only mentioned the draft and the #1 pick,  for what that's worth).  Oh, and he says in it that "they pick at the top of every round so there'll be lots of good, young players," lol).

It's like "hey! Thank me for only winning 2 games!"

The thing about Free Agency for the Bengals is under Lewis when the talent level was down and/or when the draft classes were decimated by injury/arrests/ or misses they went out and got a lot of cheap short term FAs that many worked out to a certain degree.

That is what needs to happen again.    The recent draft classes aren't producing for whatever reasons.   So you have to back fill.   I don't need big $$$ money FAs.    I'd to see 4/5 guys that were drafted 5th round or higher that have made rosters and played snaps brought in that can compete for snaps.  

They essentially have to double their draft class because we've seen two years in a row massive amounts of injuries.   So it's questionable if they have enough front line starters to be a fringe playoff contender/.500 team.   Then when injuries hit we are playing a high number of guys that are street free agents.   

The elderly Asian couple sitting near me in CBUS gate 49C (6:10 pm to Seattle) are definitely putting together a package to entice Mike Brown to trade the Burrow pick, since Burrow’s dad said something someday, and Burrow did that one thing once so we know he doesn’t want to go to Cincinnati.  - signed NFL media.

The publisher of Good Housekeeping (print edition) is putting together a package to persuade Mike Brown to trade the Burrow pick.  GH (publishing industry jargon) wants Burrow to write a monthly column on using regular household products to clean.  Hint - vinegar and lemon juice will be mentioned frequently.  Anyhoo, the Brown Family is LISTENING.  - signed, NFL media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, membengal said:

For your use should anyone argue that Burrow only did what he did because of his line play:

The more abstract the stat, the less objective the measurement, the more Joe Burrow shines.

The tangible skills/strengths they assess at the combine?  Whatever.  That gets you Andy Dalton.  

If you’ve watched enough football, you know it when you see it.  They’re getting better and better at measuring “it,” what they used to call the intangibles.  

Joe Burrow is a walking intangible.  

• Like 1