Official Joe Burrow Thread

cincyhokie

It’s insane. In the biggest game of his life. Against the number one scoring D in the country. And probably with bruised or cracked ribs in the second half.

he's so clearly the best chance this franchise has to find success going forward - can’t believe we get to have hope again. 

En route to the single greatest QB season in college football history, Burrow and LSU beat Florida, Alabama, Auburn , Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and Clemson.

In the sec title game and the two playoff games against Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson alone Burrow threw for 16 TDs and 0 INT and almost 1500 yards.

Didn’t even see this thread here! Not much to say, but Mike Brown better not screw this up this guy is amazing. Not to mention his swagger as well, I could see him becoming a leader of this team right away. 

First pick is in, now spend some money get some lineman in here let’s protect this guy!

Masterful season; probably the greatest ever.   Masterful final game.

Clemson D is very good.   Clemson drew up a wrinkle that confused the LSU o-line.   Burrow got pressure.  Burrow got drops.   

Burrow also had pressure from the opposing QB and offense as he was playing from behind.  Made play after play and got the lead and kept rolling.

My only concern with drafting Joe is how do we get him help?  Plenty of needs on this team.  I just don't want the strategy to boil down to hoping Brown, Taylor and Tobin are have a really good weekend on April 23rd.

I wish there was some way we could get Burrow and  Simmons from Clemson.   I wish there was some way to get the other "Joe" Mixon a road grader. 

Oh yeah it's called Free Agency. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Didn’t even see this thread here! Not much to say, but Mike Brown better not screw this up this guy is amazing. Not to mention his swagger as well, I could see him becoming a leader of this team right away. 

First pick is in, now spend some money get some lineman in here let’s protect this guy!

A lot of pressure on brain trust of the Bengals.   They been handed a football gift.   A lot of pressure to make sure that gift is cultivated for success.

What are they going to do to make sure Joe Burrow gets his chance on the NFL level to be great? 

I get all that. But regardless of who is QB they have the same problem. Building and maintaining the roster. Sure they can hit the lotto in the draft like they did 2009-2013. But they need to enter the 21st century and embrace FA. Drafting Joe Burrow alone makes them a much better team in an addition by himself.

• Like 2

Best downfield timing thrower I’ve ever seen.  He launches it up there and it consistently drops right on the hands of some guy who has barely beaten his man on a go route.  I can’t remember anyone making so many of those throws.  

Go get the best FA tackle and at least one good FA linebacker.  Here’s your chance dumbass Mike Brown.  Don’t be an idiot like you were last year with your “roll with the guys we drafted” mentality.  That got us the worst set of linebackers in the league, and what was arguably the worst o-line and worst defense in the league.  WAKE UP!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

I get all that. But regardless of who is QB they have the same problem. Building and maintaining the roster. Sure they can hit the lotto in the draft like they did 2009-2013. But they need to enter the 21st century and embrace FA. Drafting Joe Burrow alone makes them a much better team in an addition by himself.

This is 100% my fear. Burrow was amazing, but he didn’t do it alone, he was surrounded by a lot of talent. To toss this kid in with the team’s usual collection of aging vets and random bums would be a criminal waste.

4 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

This is 100% my fear. Burrow was amazing, but he didn’t do it alone, he was surrounded by a lot of talent. To toss this kid in with the team’s usual collection of aging vets and random bums would be a criminal waste.

To toss in anyone into the system you described is a crime. 

• Like 1

A REALLY good tackle is going to fall to us at #33.  Looking at the prospects, a Josh Jones, Mekhi Becton from Louisville, or Austin Jackson from USC, or or Jedrick Wills from Alabama is going to be sitting there for us, on top of that, in RD. 3 a Guard from Fresno State that PFF just gushes over is slated to be available (Netane Muti) if he goes before 66... There Lucas Niang from TCU or the two guys from Oregon, or Sternberg from UK....these all great prospects.  My point in writing this is...you draft Burrow, the next two picks should be the best OLine prospects available.  The easiest way to waste this #1 overall selection is to put put him behind this travesty of an oline.

• Like 1

It seems so simple.    They've taken lumps drafting Joe Mixon.   They invested in Jonah Williams.   You couldn't trade AJ and still want him around.  It appears they'll draft Burrow.  

Get an O-linemen in FA.  Then draft another in 2nd or 3rd.      Get the pieces in place so all these parts have the best possible foundation to put up points.

Do that and everything becomes fun again.

• Like 2

Yep. Jonah Williams + at least one more decent o-lineman (#33 and/or FA) can turn the offense's fortunes around in a hurry. They're fine at the skill positions. Add a dollop of The Most Accurate Passer in College Football History and there's plenty of room for 2020 excitement. I'm still not even convinced Zac Taylor is a liability.

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

It seems so simple.    They've taken lumps drafting Joe Mixon.   They invested in Jonah Williams.   You couldn't trade AJ and still want him around.  It appears they'll draft Burrow.  

Get an O-linemen in FA.  Then draft another in 2nd or 3rd.      Get the pieces in place so all these parts have the best possible foundation to put up points.

Do that and everything becomes fun again.

Amended....Get a good O-lineman in FA...not some castoff not wanted by any other team.  Go after a quality guy and spend some f'ing money

16 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Anybody who has watched any tape of Burrow can see he has no arm deficiencies.  His deep ball does not flutter at all.  He can fit slants and even deep slants into tight windows.