Bengals @ Seahawks Week 1 Game Thread

Stripes

I can't see anything other than an ass whooping for the Bengals. Set the tone for the rest of the season

I haven't kept up wtih what the Seahags have been doing other than trading for Clowney (which doesn't help the Bengals' much of course), but on the road against that team seems like a sure beat-down to me.  Even if they can pace them through the first half, that lack of talent is going to show-up every single week one way or another.

Seems to me this a house money game - under Marvin they would play like ass in these situations (that 44-10 or so beatdown at Baltimore on one opening night comes to mind)- but I am genuinely curious as to how they do under Taylor. I am more optimistic than most of you.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Seems to me this a house money game - under Marvin they would play like ass in these situations (that 44-10 or so beatdown at Baltimore on one opening night comes to mind)- but I am genuinely curious as to how they do under Taylor. I am more optimistic than most of you.

Oh I too am genuinely curious what Taylor has in store for this team and will be hoping against hope they pull off the upset.

No I’m not optimistic that will happen however.

For my money that's what the 2019 season is all about.  They will play however they play with the talent available.  Whatever.  I want to see Zac Taylor in action.

If they surprise and do well, which I don't think is entirely out of the question, then all the better.

I'm even more curious about the defensive scheme.  We have a Rams-like blueprint for what we imagine the offense will be, but the defense is entirely up in the air.  Especially with 11 linemen.  Some speculation is that we could see a 5-2 front to get Lawson and Hubbard on the field more often.

It may not be a pretty season, but it should at least be interesting.

This is unsurprising.

When did Burfict EVER show himself to be volatile off the field or in the locker room?  All accounts are that he's always been a very nice and mellow guy.  It's too bad how reputations are formed.

Also, lost here is that AB clearly has some issues that need attention.  Whether it's genetic or it's been caused by football (I often question the ethics of being a football fan), it's a sad thing to see play out. I hope he gets the help he needs.

• Like 1

So Glenn is still out for today’s walkthrough, meaning we can forget about him Sunday. So, in the green coroner, it’s Jadeveon Clowney and Ziggy Ansah, and in the orange corner we have Moobs and Bobby “Turnstile” Hart.

i put the over/under at 3 series before Andy is carted off unconscious.