Week 5 - Dolphins talk

Stripes

The Bengals didn't put up the points I had anticipated them doing, but I pegged the Dolphins at 17.
I'm just happy to see them come back and win a game like that.  27 unanswered points ??
When was the last time they have come back in that type of fashion to win a game ??

I wasn't able to watch the game, but am curious if Bobby Hart was yet again another bag of suck?

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Bengals didn't put up the points I had anticipated them doing, but I pegged the Dolphins at 17.
I'm just happy to see them come back and win a game like that.  27 unanswered points ??
When was the last time they have come back in that type of fashion to win a game ??

I wasn't able to watch the game, but am curious if Bobby Hart was yet again another bag of suck?

Against the Ravens in December of 2004 they were down 26-3 and came back with 24 in the 4th quarter to win 27-26 on the road. It was a coming out game for Housh and really, for Carson. 

Hart, per PFF, was actually a top five rated offensive player for the Bengals on Sunday, so, if you like how PFF does the grading, he graded well. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I have to admit, after the punt return TD, i had them penciled in at 3-4 through the bye week.  Glad I was wrong, now lets destroy the Stealers and shock KC.

I can see a win against Pittsburgh. Kansas City looks to be more than a handful.

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

More like Redmond, he has given up the most pressures on the o-line so far.

Im still trying to figure out why they don't trust Westerman, I thought preseason he was one of the better lineman not allowing any pressure

Yes, I will be able to watch the KC game as well.
I don't really care when they play or what they wear, just be prepared.
Please don't come out there looking all stupid, make bad coaching decisions, and then get embarrassed on national TV.
It's Marvin though and a tough KC team.

Glad to hear Hart wasn't a major issue.  It's not like I'm rooting for him to fail.
Also don't get no love for Westerman and where is Fisher at ??
What's the over/under on how many games Ogbuehi is inactive on the season ??

11 hours ago, membengal said:

Against the Ravens in December of 2004 they were down 26-3 and came back with 24 in the 4th quarter to win 27-26 on the road. It was a coming out game for Housh and really, for Carson. 

Hart, per PFF, was actually a top five rated offensive player for the Bengals on Sunday, so, if you like how PFF does the grading, he graded well. 

I was at that game in Baltimore, glorious. I have that game on vhs somwhere.  Baltimore news broadcast afterward.  I used just watch that the news broadcast over and over because they were utter shock.  Since that time the scales of balance have tipped towards the Bengals. 

I’m not sure how pff grades anymore.  I caught one of their analyst try to explain how Mixon was graded poorly after producing a kick ass game.  Sounded like a sliding scale against expectation.  Bunch of crap. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, volcom69 said:

More like Redmond, he has given up the most pressures on the o-line so far.

Im still trying to figure out why they don't trust Westerman, I thought preseason he was one of the better lineman not allowing any pressure

That dude must not understand the plays or has some glaring weakness in practice which hasn’t shown up on TV... baffling to me too

19 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hart and Redmond both played well overall but got burnt on several plays in that game.  Looked to me like the defender just got the best on those plays.  Andre Smith did that too but he was more consistent and a better run blocker.

its obvious those two are the weak links.  Still... pollack and lazor have to be given credit for improving what was a total clusterfuck last year

7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I was at that game in Baltimore, glorious. I have that game on vhs somwhere.  Baltimore news broadcast afterward.  I used just watch that the news broadcast over and over because they were utter shock.  Since that time the scales of balance have tipped towards the Bengals. 

I’m not sure how pff grades anymore.  I caught one of their analyst try to explain how Mixon was graded poorly after producing a kick ass game.  Sounded like a sliding scale against expectation.  Bunch of crap. 

I remember that game... and that’s the last time I remember the Bengals making a huge comeback but I think this time it was much later in the game

Either way, I’m still in shock over how the team circled the wagons to win that game. Lots of clutch play by confident football players

15 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

A big part of their grading on RBs is pass blocking and yards after contact.  

Mixon only had one pass block attempt that game and he whiffed.  He also doesn't tend to gain yards after contact...he gets hit and he falls.

I'm still very happy to have him on the team...clearly :P