Week 4 - Falcons talk

Stripes

AMPHAR started us off hot, but the streak has ended.  I'll take this week and see what happens.

I am terrified of Tevin Coleman against this defense.  I have a strange feeling of confidence though despite today's defensive embarrassment.  The Falcons are exactly the sort of team who would fail to capitalize.  If the pass rush doesn't wait until the second half and AJ isn't out for a while, then it's very winnable.  Four years ago Atlanta didn't have to deal with him (Sanu was the #1 and had a big game).

I hope.

Or else the season could take a sharp downturn.  The upcoming schedule is ripe for a losing streak, and they're going to have to prove they're as good as they think they are to stay afloat.

• Like 1

I'm more worried about the defense right now then anything on this team. I guess will see if things change after Burfict and Brown return, but wow are these LB bad. 

This d-line has so much talent but could do nothing and got pushed around by a make shift Panthers o-line. That to me is very concerning. Where is the pressure they need to find something the front 4 can't do it.

The offense I thought was pretty darn good most of the day till AJ went out. Not worried about Daltons 4 int didn't think they were his fault and moved the team down the field. Get Mixon back and AJ and they will be fine. Also maybe they should try Tate at wide receiver and see if he can do anything, not sure Malone is really that great. 

I still wanna see Ross succeed hopefully they don't give up on him but guess will see where they go with  him.

Players dinged, in-game injuries and Marvin having extra days to (un)prepare the team - that was Carolina  - and I can't see a defensive embarrassment repeated,  although I do think Atlanta are a better team and home field advantage will prove too much.

Falcons 37

Bengals 20

1 hour ago, COB said:

We better beat the Falcons.  Our schedule is brutal, we absolutely have to win the winnable games or we’re screwed.

i truly never understand the "our schedule is brutal" only difference we have compare to other team in our division is we dont have Bengals on ours and we vs Colts and Dolphins, the rest of schedule are exactly same. Ravens, Steelers and Browns have same brutal schedule as we do.

17 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

i truly never understand the "our schedule is brutal" only difference we have compare to other team in our division is we dont have Bengals on ours and we vs Colts and Dolphins, the rest of schedule are exactly same. Ravens, Steelers and Browns have same brutal schedule as we do.

The home-and-away variable isn't really accounted for there, and this year it might not work in the Bengals' favor.  Ideally the stronger opponents would come to PBS and we'd get the weaker ones on the road.

I agree with Skyline that this matchup is more favorable for the Bengals than Carolina was.  I also am cautiously optimistic that the miserable run defense on Sunday was more aberration than a trend (through the first two weeks the Bengals were top five in the NFL in yards per carry allowed and total rushing yards allowed).  The third down defense is a trend though, in the worst way.

I am picking a loss too, one of the frustrating sort in which the Bengals keep themselves in the game but can't quite pull through.  27-24 or something.

Simply posting for referece:

Team Stats

cin.png&h=100&w=100                 atl.png&h=100&w=100

Points Per Game                                       29.7                                  26.7

Points Allowed Per Game                        25.7                                 28.3

Total Yards                                                 378.3                               396.3

Yards Passing                                           286.7                               299.0

Yards Rushing                                          91.7                                  97.3

Yards Allowed                                          405.3                               413.3

Pass Yards Allowed                                281.7                               287.7

Rush Yards Allowed                                123.7                               125.7

Did not know former Bengal Marquand Manual is the Defensive Coordinator for the Falcons. I always liked him as a player.

If Preston Brown is back, I think we see improvement in the LBs this week.  Without the threat of Cam Newton, there’s a much better chance at winning on the road.  I think they do it.

15 hours ago, GapControl said:

If Preston Brown is back, I think we see improvement in the LBs this week.  Without the threat of Cam Newton, there’s a much better chance at winning on the road.  I think they do it.

I agree. I think the Bengals can steal one on the road.