No Extension for Eifert

HoosierCat

http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-te-tyler-eifert-unable-get-long-term-deal-done/

I can't say I'm that surprised or upset at this point. He's a great player but can't stay on the field. If he finally shows he can run with the big boys for a full season, ok, tag him and go from there. 

• 3 weeks later...

They really need a TE that can block and catch - enough of the sort of under-sized receiving types, none of them including Gresham have panned-out despite spending mutiple day one picks on them.  Kroft isn't a good blocker either, his o-line coach doesn't help him any, but he's hardly improved much from his rookie year.  Eifert obviously wasn't much of a blocker either.

I'd rather see Hewitt out there, more of the type they need.  And you can find those guys late in the draft and cheap in FA.  So tired of the flashy/speedy WR types they are so in-love with.  Means nothing if you can't block anybody.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Well looks like his season is over again, getting another back surgery.

I think it's time he looks into retirement.

Absolutely. His body just isn't up to the contact level of the NFL.

Hurry up and get your boxes of Tyler’s Touchdown Crunch while you still can !!!  I heard if you can find the collectors addition box, you can get a free seat warmer.

Honestly I think this sucks. When he was healthy he was one of the, if not the best TEs in the game. That was just rarely the case when he was healthy.