15 seasons and no playoff wins.

If I had to go to work at the airport tomorrow with that record, I couldn't look another mech or pilot in the eye. I actually wouldn't have a job because you either produce or you walk. I say the Bengals will finish sub .500. Doormat is where this misguided ship is sailing. 

• Thanks 1

Yea my hopes are down this year as well. I have lost faith in this coaching staff, and really lost faith in this o-line.

When they let there 2 best players just leave this offseason without even giving a shit I pretty much lost interest. The team leader is now gone, not really sure who they are going to count on, not sure if Andy is that vocal leader they need.

There best player and leader has a bullseye on his back, if he touches a QB he might get a 10 game suspension from the league, so can't count on him this year!

Seriously I don't know who or what this team is or has to offer, but my excitement level is pretty down. 

I'm actually a bit more optimistic than I was earlier this year. The oline has shown signs of life, and that's far and away the biggest concern on the team. The pass rush also looks to be improved. People forget, but even with all the struggles last year, the 2016 Bengals are probably a 10-win team if Nugent doesn't completely fall to pieces.

I do not think this is a championship squad, unfortunately. But it looks good enough to break our hearts in the first round again. And yeah, that will be enough to get Marvin an extension. I believe the late Sam Kinison put it best:

Hopeful here.   But it is the preseason.     The o-line looks to be more competitive than what they assumed to following last season and free agency.

IMO, the jury is out on the o-line until you get week after week regular season film to judge.     But now the league swoops in to take the best defender of the field under one of it's new subjective rules.

What a buzz kill.

I'm looking on the positives ....if we have a winning season and a play-off appearance then great, I'll be a happy bunny.

If we have a winning season and a play-off win then extra great, I'll be a very happy bunny.

If we have (another) losing season or don't earn a post season game then Marvin jumps or gets pushed, which will be great and I'll be a happy bunny.

HOWEVER ........I am much afeared for whom Mikey would bring to that table next.......Zampese,? Alexander?  I would hope for an injection of fresh coaching blood from outside of the organisation but I'll not be holding my breath, zombies tend to run in packs !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

I say the Bengals will finish sub .500. Doormat is where this misguided ship is sailing. 

Sticking with this prediction. No pre-season wins and the regular season looks even less promising.

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

We have been saying this for awhile now, it's not working anymore! We have seen the same shit year after year it didn't work then, and it's not working now! 

Its whatever anymore just tired of thinking about it anymore

I know the answer but I'll ask anyway.

How can ANY sport organization keep a coach that punts down 20 points with 9 minutes left when you haven't gotten. Quick 3 and out all day? 

He did the same thing against Buffalo last year.  

Just so many home opening embarrassing performances over the years.   We need to honor them all at halftime. 

Opening PBS squashing by the Browns.

A San Diego whooping with a delay of game to start the season. 

A last second deflection by the Broncos(the only time I puked at PBS) 

A Jon Kitna shovel pass to Denver LB pick 6.

Just so many classics.    I've attended them all, yeah! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Just so many home opening embarrassing performances over the years.   We need to honor them all at halftime. 

So we've found the common denominator...

54 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Don't you dare......

Just playing. FWIW I've never seen a Bengals loss. Granted it was only one game last year, Thursday night, primetime against the Dolphins, but I like my record. And those all white uniforms. I should have bought a jersey at the shop!

5 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Please tell me you weren't speaking metaphorically, and that you did actually puke at  PBS during the Broncos tip game.