Bills at Bengals GameDay thread

kingwilly

Time to pack it in for the year and blame the season on injuries again.

Some of the most inept coaching at this level I've seen in a long time.

Who takes 30 seconds to run 2 plays in the 2-minute offense at the end of a game? Seriously WTF? What is Dalton doing exactly in these situations? They are the worst in the league at it I think.

Good luck with LaFell as the #1 WR.

Team/franchise is predictable and boring at this point.  Wake me when they finally make some real, much-needed changes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Time to pack it in for the year and blame the season on injuries again.

Some of the most inept coaching at this level I've seen in a long time.

Who takes 30 seconds to run 2 plays in the 2-minute offense at the end of a game? Seriously WTF? What is Dalton doing exactly in these situations? They are the worst in the league at it I think.

Good luck with LaFell as the #1 WR.

Team/franchise is predictable and boring at this point.  Wake me when they finally make some real, much-needed changes.

So true, they are so boring. I pretty much fell asleep during this boring game.

this team needs changes, it's time. Hopefully it creates a spark and I can actually enjoy football again!

• Like 1

If they bring back Marvin and both coordinators, I'll barf.

Sure, it's super fun to watch Zampese revolutionize the NFL offense, but I'm just a bit nostalgic for the days when our offense lined up in a conventional formation and just plain beat defenses.  

The offensive line was horrible today.  Can't stand Alexander another season.  Must go,

6 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

I've thought Zampese was a turd since I met him 3 years ago.  

Please expand recollection of said meeting.  I seriously don't want to hear anything nice about this dude.  I want him out the door, preferably in a little donkey cart being pulled by Alexander.

Seriously I think we have been watching the same offense for 6 years now with 3 different coordinators, guess what it's not working!

Things need to change, from top to bottom, I'm so bored at this point watching the same shit game after game.

Same free agency year after year, they suck at the offseason stuff as well. They pay guy who are not worth it, and let players walk that would help. They never look at big free agents who can help this team, instead they pay guys who are now riding the bench, or forget they even have on the team!

Somebody needs to learn to run an NFL team! It's a joke watching the same thing year after year, I'm ready for a change and a big change at that.

Even when Dalton has time right now, he doesn't really have time.  By that I mean even as he's throwing what could be called a clean throw, the pocket is collapsing and you can tell he feels it.  His motion is at times noticeably rushed even though no one is on him, but you can see what's happening and understand it.  Number 70 is getting pushed back in Dalton's face so fast it's ridiculous, and Dalton's facing that way so he can't help but see it.  

The coaching on this team is so bad, it's laughable. The team has been mentally, physically, and emotionally unprepared for each game this season. Each. Game. Every time the camera pans to Marvin, I get angry. 

As for the inability of this team to do a proper two minute hurry-up, that goes back to coaching. They clearly CLEARLY haven't worked on it at all, not on the field or in the classroom. There is no fundamental understanding of how and where to save time in those situations. It is pure incompetence, and the entire staff should be fired at the end of the season. 

I give them a bit of a pass on the two minute drill at the end. You got a rookie and two third-string WRs out there who don't know where they should be, then you lose Gio, too. I was honestly surprised they got as far downfield as they did.

The game was over when Green went down. He is (or rather, was) really the only blue chip guy on the offense right now. What we've got left can be stopped by simply rushing four and dropping seven into coverage because none of the receivers can get open, the run game is dead and the oline struggles to protect even with a 5 to 4 advantage in personnel. If we had a real OC maybe you can do some thing with scheme and matchups and trickeration, but...

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

I give them a bit of a pass on the two minute drill at the end.

I don't.  When they fail at everything, they don't deserve to have their fans trying to discern which failures are justifiable and which aren't.  They can't even kick an extra point.  They can't run the ball.  They can't pass.  They get trampled on D when the other team shows then executes run plays.  

They don't deserve a pass when they fail due to circumstances, because they show in all other areas that even when circumstances aren't stacked against them, they still fail.  They suck this year.  

• Like 1

It's not like the problem in the two-minute offense just cropped up yesterday. It has been the entire effin' year. Like they simply haven't practiced it enough or even talked through how to maximize saving time. They have been completely clueless. 

This team is beyond pathetic and anyone blaming injuries needs to be kicked in the nads.
WJ3 ??  Billings ??  It's nice to think they would have been the be all, end all for the defense, but who's to say the coaches would have even played them ??

This team wasn't function well WITH a healthy AJ and Gio.  The defense with a bend, but don't break philosophy is broke.

The coaches are beyond incapable of preparing this team each and every week.
We've beaten the Jets, Dolphins and Browns.  A combined 11-20 on the season.

What's going to be the excuse when the Browns pick up their first win of the season in 3 weeks when the Bengals come to town ??
I'm banking on that happening by the way.

They should react the way the Texas Longhorns did when not being able to take it anymore and fired Charlie Strong after losing to 1-9 Kansas.

I hate this team.  HATE.  That being said, I hate the coaches more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

This team is beyond pathetic and anyone blaming injuries needs to be kicked in the nads.
WJ3 ??  Billings ??  It's nice to think they would have been the be all, end all for the defense, but who's to say the coaches would have even played them ??

This team wasn't function well WITH a healthy AJ and Gio.  The defense with a bend, but don't break philosophy is broke.

The coaches are beyond incapable of preparing this team each and every week.
We've beaten the Jets, Dolphins and Browns.  A combined 11-20 on the season.

What's going to be the excuse when the Browns pick up their first win of the season in 3 weeks when the Bengals come to town ??
I'm banking on that happening by the way.

They should react the way the Texas Longhorns did when not being able to take it anymore and fired Charlie Strong after losing to 1-9 Kansas.

I hate this team.  HATE.  That being said, I hate the coaches more.

I'm right there with you.  I've been thinking about that upcoming game against Cleveland.  There is no way that team, which basically is a shell of the complete crap outfit they had the last couple years, beats the Bengals.  Which is probably exactly what is going to happen.  New Coaches needed.  

• Like 1

The biggest coaching failure was not going for it on 4th and short with about 4:30 to go.   That's the classic do nothing move from Marvin.   Oh the horror! What if we don't make the 4th down,  people might want me fired.

If you back it up to 3rd and short.   They should plan for 2 plays to get it.   Instead they (once again) put all their chips on getting it on 3rd down.     Why would you in that situation consider giving them the ball back with the way they were having success running?

As predictable punting it took their timeouts and 2 minutes and put them on the 15.    Just completely clueless in game situation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

The biggest coaching failure was not going for it on 4th and short with about 4:30 to go.   That's the classic do nothing move from Marvin.   Oh the horror! What if we don't make the 4th down,  people might want me fired.

If you back it up to 3rd and short.   They should plan for 2 plays to get it.   Instead they (once again) put all their chips on getting it on 3rd down.     Why would you in that situation consider giving them the ball back with the way they were having success running?

As predictable punting it took their timeouts and 2 minutes and put them on the 15.    Just completely clueless in game situation.

He's probably the worst game manager in the NFL. The issue you point out can be found in so most every game since 04.

12 hours ago, membengal said:

It's not like the problem in the two-minute offense just cropped up yesterday. It has been the entire effin' year. Like they simply haven't practiced it enough or even talked through how to maximize saving time. They have been completely clueless. 

It's been that way for a decade. 

14 hours ago, COB said:

Even when Dalton has time right now, he doesn't really have time.  By that I mean even as he's throwing what could be called a clean throw, the pocket is collapsing and you can tell he feels it.  His motion is at times noticeably rushed even though no one is on him, but you can see what's happening and understand it.  Number 70 is getting pushed back in Dalton's face so fast it's ridiculous, and Dalton's facing that way so he can't help but see it.  

Can easily get Dennis Roland on speed dial ? He'd be an upgrade to Ogbuehi right now. 

Also, not cutting the Nuge is just another continuation of the no nads approach of this team. Fuck them .