bye ced

membengal

This would make some sense, if you look at the guys the Bengals had in town Tuesday for a work out per PFT:

The Bengals worked out receiver Armon Binns, running back James Davis, running back Shaun Draughn (that’s a great name), defensive tackle Derek Landri, running back Tyrell Sutton, and nose tackle Gabe Watson.

So they brought James Davis back in knowing that Ced was going to be suspended. Last week I said I wanted them to look at Landri, he's a former Notre Dame product with a high motor. Someone else mentioned Gabe Watson as well.

Starting with bills game - so - awesome - just gets better and better

So where was this reported ?

He needs replacing at the end of the year anyway, I'm not sold on Trent Richardson yet but we still have plenty of time to evaluate him. I'm glad Simpson was revealed now rather than after the draft and after we had signed him to a contract. Benson was gone regardless, unless he turned into Adrian Peterson, he's just too unreliable with off the field stuff.

Starting with bills game - so - awesome - just gets better and better

So where was this reported ?

He needs replacing at the end of the year anyway, I'm not sold on Trent Richardson yet but we still have plenty of time to evaluate him. I'm glad Simpson was revealed now rather than after the draft and after we had signed him to a contract. Benson was gone regardless, unless he turned into Adrian Peterson, he's just too unreliable with off the field stuff.

Nevermind, I found it.

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reported on Thursday that Benson would be suspended starting with next Sunday’s game against Buffalo. The suspension would also cover the Oct. 9 game at Jacksonville and Oct. 16 home game against Indianapolis.
/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110922/SPT02/309220068/Bengals-Benson-faces-possible-suspension

http://nfl.si.com/20...ed-three-games/

Ced was not an employee of the NFL when he pounded that guy's face in Austin, so how can Goodell suspend him? What rule did he break? There were no rules, because there was no labor agreement in place.

No ex post facto laws!

Of course, Pryor and Tressel also were not employees of the league or a team, but they fell under the good of the game thing anyway.

Time for the union to step up and really fight. For once.

Sounds like Benson was never told about this! So i guess he is going to fight this, and they said he has a good chance of winning....um yea right he plays for the bengals, his suspension will stand!!

I get the feeling that the commish's office uses media outlets like ESPN, FOX, SI and PFT as their mouthpiece. I know these guys are good at ferreting out information but when they know before the player knows, then there's something going on.