Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Free-agency-Bengals-kick-big-tires/4838d908-a941-41f1-8b24-f6eaa322092e

Sniffin' around DeAngelo Williams? I have no delusions that this is even possible, but it would be pretty damn cool.

'scuse me while I pick my jaw up off the ground...

Deangelo and Benson one two punch would be great for a rookie QB. Not too mention a nice pickup of a veteran lineman in Gallery. Nice!!!

Don't kid yourself. If they sign DeAngelo (which would be the surprise of the millenium) it would be to pair him with Bernard Scott.

No way they pay big $$$ to 2 RB's, but more importantly, Benson DOESN'T LIKE TO SHARE CARRIES.

I'd be extremely happy with Williams and Scott.

Deangelo and Benson one two punch would be great for a rookie QB. Not too mention a nice pickup of a veteran lineman in Gallery. Nice!!!

Don't kid yourself. If they sign DeAngelo (which would be the surprise of the millenium) it would be to pair him with Bernard Scott.

No way they pay big $$$ to 2 RB's, but more importantly, Benson DOESN'T LIKE TO SHARE CARRIES.

I'd be extremely happy with Williams and Scott.

Benson isn't going to get big money from anyone, so I wouldn't worry about that. It would end up Williams on 1st and 2nd down then Benson as a third down pissed off disgruntled back. Well at least until Williams gets hurt yet again.

It would be great to see the Bengals finally sign a premier Free-Agent. It is going to be embarrassing if they can't re-sign Joseph considering they have the 2nd most money to spend.

Joseph

Williams

Gallery

Will shock me. I'd be giddy. Marvin has to be trying to go all out.

Gallery hasn't done sh*t since being drafted.

Most of that could be because he was drafted as a LT and couldn't cut in at the NFL level. I think he would present an upgrade to Livings and is certainly a veteran presence, but i'm not going to be all thrilled in thinking we are looking at a pro-bowl type player either.

I really am hoping against hope that the Bengals can land some of these guys, but i'm not thinking it will happen.

I think they are back in the mindset of using the Bengals to get a better offer from someone else.

I hope i'm wrong.

I think he would present an upgrade to Livings and is certainly a veteran presence, but i'm not going to be all thrilled in thinking we are looking at a pro-bowl type player either.

Yep. He's not worth what he wants... but the Bengals need O-Line help in a bad way, have a ton of money in their pockets, and will likely have to overpay to get a decent player in here anyway.

Gallery doesn't get me terribly excited... but he's still a huge upgrade over Livings, and if A.Smith is really getting his s**t together, perhaps Dalton won't be killed.

I'm more or less in favor of it... I just don't see it happening because MB will be so against the principle of overpaying for a player like Gallery (which is hard to argue with under normal circumstances).

I don't give a s**t that gallery is over-rated. By being competent he would represent an upgrade from livings roughly equivalent of going from kathy bates to blake lively. So they might have to overpay. That I genuinely don't care about.

I don't give a s**t that gallery is over-rated. By being competent he would represent an upgrade from livings roughly equivalent of going from kathy bates to blake lively. So they might have to overpay. That I genuinely don't care about.

Exactly. Of course, knowing this team, they'll offer Gallery roughly $0.02 a year, he'll go elsewhere and they'll end up signing Livings for $10 million a year...

There is absolutely no excuse to let Joseph get away unless he just simply does not want to be here.

I totally agree with the amount of money the bengals have to spend, they better sign him. Who knows that maybe he dosnt want to be here either.

So far it seems like either the bengals are not spending the money or free agents just dont want to come.

Now that they got there so called vet QB, its time to move on to bigger and better things lets hope soemthing happens soon

Hey, we're back! Quick thoughts:

Gradkowski: well, we all figured he, or someone similar, was coming. What strikes me as sad is that while other teams are making moves, even if it's just locking up their own guys, the Bengals have to spend 2 days banging out a short-term deal with a third-tier backup. Just doesn't strike me as the best use of their time right now.

Joseph: it isn't like we haven't seen this coming. The Jets and Namadi are both trying to get to the altar, and Houston is standing around with a big bouquet for JJ as soon as those two get hitched. The s**tstorm when they let JJ walk will be something to see.

Overpay is going to be a big word for the Bengals free agency, but fortunately for them, they have the money to do it.

Problem is that F*cking retard Mike Brown will let all the good players sign with other teams, then end up overpaying 2nd and 3rd Tier guys just to get close to the Cap Floor. As of now, DeAngelo has agreed to return to Carolina, Gallery agreed with Seattle, Weddle re-upped with San Diego.....Who the F*ck are they targeting? Oh yeah, Gradkowski.

We still need Safety help, Weddle is gone, and I've been lobbying for Huff for awhile, but betcha Mikey boy does something like test Gibril Wilson's knee and then Sign him again and call that a "Splash"

HIRE A REAL F*CKING GM !!!!

F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

*****F*CK YOU _ ___ trademarked by ArmyBengal all rights reserved*****