Carson Palmer Thread

NJ29

I don't see MB trading him. He is the cornerstone QB he has coveted since Boomer Esiason left. Again, the didn't trade Chad so I would be surprised if they traded him unless they were absolutely certain that he would retire.

Either Trade him or he retires. Carson has a lot of leverage here. It is win-win for him.

I don't see MB trading him. He is the cornerstone QB he has coveted since Boomer Esiason left. Again, the didn't trade Chad so I would be surprised if they traded him unless they were absolutely certain that he would retire.

It's one thing to keep a Wide Receiver that's demanding a trade and it's another to keep your starting quarterback that wants out of here. How far would the team go with the rest of the squad knowing that your so called Field General wants out of here. I can't believe as fans you would want that guy as your quarterback, the Bengals have bent over backwards for that clown, his brother on the team(where else would he be the backup quarterback at), TO when he asked for him. Not once have Marving threw that dude under the bus when it was clearly warranted, he is quick to critique Chad but never has been harsh on this soft punk. If this is true this has made the off season great to me, I have been saying for the longest that he was not a leader and to pull some crap like this clearly shows what I was saying was right on the money. Tuck your tail between your legs and go Carson. If this article is true, some of you guys should never question Mike Brown at anything if you want Mike to keep this clown and not trade him. Get Kolb now!

Don't blame Palmer, he has chosen to join the club:

Boomer Esiason

James Brooks

Carl Pickens

Corey Dillon

Takeo Spikes

It happens every 5-7 years here.

I dont blame Carson at all, this team is a joke and always will be until they learn how to run a team. Carson stuck in there and tried to change this team, and i think its just too much for him anymore, cant blame a guy for trying so long, but yet has nothing left to give.

I wonder if they got rid of Brat or much of the offense coaching staff if Carson would change his mind???

Back to the days of Akili/Mitchell/Frerotte I guess.

Yep i agree, back to days of crap!!! At least when Palmer was back there, there would always be alittle hope of being good, without him there is no hope, at least with the guys behind him!!

I have not looked into Cam much, but im wondering if he can be a franchise QB. Ill have to check out some move vids on him, but if there is any chance he can be, then they need to go after him. However he might decide not to wanna come here, and demand a trade also lol lol. Oh what a frachise lol :lmao:

They will bring in Childress and they will go out and get Donovan.......good lord :lmao:

Ill take in Donovan. Hes a good tutor for newton

Oh hell no. McNabb's not a leader, he's a choker, he's a diva, and frankly he's not that good. It's not like they have any hope of not sucking next year anyway. Bring in somebody who's willing to keep the seat warm.

Hell, if the Donks decide they want to get stupid, go grab Kyle Orton.

One thing, though - if this happens, you have to re-evaluate the decision to keep Brat. If one of the major issues was continuity next year given the CBA, well, that's out the window anyway. Of course, perhaps Palmer doesn't even ask to leave if Brat is let go.

Which may be the actual issue. One might wonder if this is Carson's attempt at a power play. If it is, he should know from past history that Mikey is stubborn to the point of stupidity. It probably won't work.

Either Trade him or he retires. Carson has a lot of leverage here. It is win-win for him.

It's one thing to keep a Wide Receiver that's demanding a trade and it's another to keep your starting quarterback that wants out of here. How far would the team go with the rest of the squad knowing that your so called Field General wants out of here. I can't believe as fans you would want that guy as your quarterback, the Bengals have bent over backwards for that clown, his brother on the team(where else would he be the backup quarterback at), TO when he asked for him. Not once have Marving threw that dude under the bus when it was clearly warranted, he is quick to critique Chad but never has been harsh on this soft punk. If this is true this has made the off season great to me, I have been saying for the longest that he was not a leader and to pull some crap like this clearly shows what I was saying was right on the money. Tuck your tail between your legs and go Carson. If this article is true, some of you guys should never question Mike Brown at anything if you want Mike to keep this clown and not trade him. Get Kolb now!

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that Mike Brown will try his best to make Carson fulfill his contract as he did with Chad.

Good for Carson, I wouldn't want to play for this f*cked up franchise either. I actually feel bad for him.

Sure you can not like how he played last year, but it's not like QB's don't have off years.

I'm finding it hard to be a fan of this team, so I understand how he must feel.

I guess if they can get the trade compensation to set this team up, it's doable.

How about not taking any QB this draft, bring in someone to get through one season and then use the picks we have to move up to get Luck next year ?? Yeah I know, just draft Newton and be done with it if Carson leaves. No, I'm not a fan of that though. I think the AFCN teams would eat Newton's lunch.

Ill take in Donovan. Hes a good tutor for newton

Oh hell no. McNabb's not a leader, he's a choker, he's a diva, and frankly he's not that good. It's not like they have any hope of not sucking next year anyway. Bring in somebody who's willing to keep the seat warm.

McNabb is not a leader but Palmer is? LOL! McNabb compared to Palmer is like comparing General Patton to Gomer Pyle. McNabb has been to four NFC Championship games comapared to Palmer zero playoff wins. I guess in your eyes Palmer demanding a trade is not being a diva? If this is true this is a diva move like non other for a guy that doesn't have the pedigree to call for such a move. Good Riddance if it's true, Marvin is still brestfeeding this clown that's the number one problem right there he needs Mike Singletary or Rex Ryan type coach to dig in his ass.

Trade him to Arizona for there first RD pick, and the Bengals will have two high first rounders, wow that would be crazy!!!

That would give the Bengals the 4th and 5th picks in the 1st round.

Too good to be true though. :rolleyes:

How about not taking any QB this draft, bring in someone to get through one season and then use the picks we have to move up to get Luck next year ??

I like that idea. Stay on the present course (what ever that is) and draft heavy on defense. If they do trade Palmer perhaps you could get someone in exchange. But of the three teams mentioned I am not sure if I want any of them (Alex Smith, Derek Anderson or Hasselback). But the Ravens (once again) are a good example of what you can do with a non-elite QB. No offense to Flacco but he is not the reason they win every year. Time to bite the bullet and go heavy on the D. Having a pretty passing game hasn't done much of this team in recent years.

Personally, I don't blame Carson one bit. This franchise has shown no willingness to improve. The ownership is the league laughingstock. Their Offensive Coordinator, Wide Receivers Coach, and O-Line Coach are jokes. They consider signing guys like Antwan Odom "making a big splash in Free Agency". They have virtually no scouting department, yet they continue to build almost exclusively through the Draft ONLY.

Look, Carson had no choice in joining this F*cked up franchise, and I don't blame him if he doesnt want to spend his entire career with a losing franchise and ownership who have absolutely no clue on what it takes to win, and remain consistent. The only real choice he had would have been to not sign the extension in the first place, but who's going to turn down $100 million contract? Especially when they teased him with the fluke of a 2005 season.

I still think Carson is a hell of a QB, and I have little doubt he will regain his Pro Bowl form with another Franchise (even this one if they had a competent O-Coordinator)

WAKE THE F*CK UP MIKEY BOY......NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR YOU, AND WHEN CARSON GOES, YOU CAN BE DAMN SURE NOBODY ELSE WILL SIGN WITH THIS F*CKED UP ORGANIZATION UNLESS THEY ARE WASHED UP PLAYERS AND YOU OVERPAY GREATLY !!!!!

F*CK YOU BROWN FAMILY !!!!

I will be a fan of whatever team he goes to from here on out.

I don't blame Carson and would want to see him win wherever he ends up...

LOL I see why the stadium atmoshpehere is garbage, I thought we had some of the best fans I just changed my mind are you kidding me.

No wonder the Army can't beat any of the other services in football, this damn sure ain't your fathers Army they are soft now.

You feel sorry for a multi-millionaire that hasn't played up to his contract, can we send him to arbitration like baseball does?

I guarantee his contract would be cut in half at least. Chad is right on point you guys crucified him but you are treating Carson like

he is a victim, something doesn't smell right.

The Bengals brought in the diva receiver Carson specifically asked for last year. They also gave his little brother a roster spot he didn't deserve. And I still understand why he wants out. The offense they try to run is a mystery to even the players trying to implement it. And with no change in the offing, who has any confidence it will get any better?

Hey Mike, how's that loyalty to Brat working out?

Carson's been a good soldier all these years, unlike Chad. Give him his trade because let's face it he's a turnover machine for us.

If true, Buh-bye, trade him and Chad to the highest bidder, use these draft selections to bolster the oofensive line and the defense and take the first pick in the draft next year and draft Luck, there isn't a QB prospect in this draft worth a first round pick IMHO, they all have significant warts. Draft Line and Defnse that way when you DO get a good QB prospect in here they can suceed.

I will be a fan of whatever team he goes to from here on out.

I don't blame Carson and would want to see him win wherever he ends up...

LOL I see why the stadium atmoshpehere is garbage, I thought we had some of the best fans I just changed my mind are you kidding me.

No wonder the Army can't beat any of the other services in football, this damn sure ain't your fathers Army they are soft now.

You feel sorry for a multi-millionaire that hasn't played up to his contract, can we send him to arbitration like baseball does?

I guarantee his contract would be cut in half at least. Chad is right on point you guys crucified him but you are treating Carson like

he is a victim, something doesn't smell right.

#1. I haven't been to the stadium hardly at all since I just moved back to Cincinnati, but nice try.

#2. Do you really think those pampered asses at the academy represent the big picture of the Army ?? Ok...

#3. Yes, I feel sorry for the person who has actually been there all along while being forced to deal with the likes of Chad and his bullsh*t. I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with Mike Brown and this organization as a player (yes Chad as well).

#4. Chad handled the situation far differently and bashed the fans along the way, but he's right on point ??

Yes, Carson's next team will immediately be my #2 team. The thing I question is, without a CBA, all the talk of demanding trades is kind of pointless. It simply can't happen no matter how much he threatens retirement.

Keep the faith though...