After Thoughts Bengals vs Browns 2#

Kazkal

It might not have been the prettiest and the penalty issue still lingers like a bad smell on the O-line but damn, if the team didn't get the job done. This was huge, and gives them the tiniest bit of breathing room. Hopefully the real benefits of this win, aside from the win itself of course, are shown over the next few weeks when we have the two biggest games coming. I pray this has relieved a little of the pressure and mean they don't play so tight.

-Eh thats how last week should have went but with out the fumbles...

-Larry,Bernerd & Olines run blocking looked good

-Pass blocking was Eh and Roland seemed to struggle..

-Not alot of points but hey were 8-3 I'll take it

My after thought? Change your putrid sig Kaz! :puke:

When they decide Benson is good to come back, this running game will be more troubling than it is now. Hangin 200+ yards rushing on anyone in the NFL is an achievement.

Palmer's arm/throwing motion looks off, like he is ailing. I see a different motion than before. The horse collar karma sure bit rogers in the azz. His ankle got ROLLED.

The penalties are idiotic and I put that on the coaches.

This O misses Henry, not so much for his catches but for the attention he required. The #2 CB would shift to him and that would open up for Caldwell and Coles. Now, they have Foschi getting open and threw at Purify. If Purify can make a move back out on that play he is open for the TD.

Were Cleveland's CB's so good they kept Chad in check? No, I think it is Palmer's arm. Just my opinion.

The D looks stout and confident.

They seemed to rebound from last week.

I'll take an ugly win every week. O-line was great on run plays. I'm not going to comment on thier pass protection because I didn't see any to comment on. This defense is great. Would have liked to see a little more aggressiveness, seemed like they were playing to not lose again. Purify may well get my game ball for the day for his special teams play. Larry Johnson did well, but I question how he will handle going back to 4th string when benson is back. Final comment, rewatched every play Andre was in the game, and he may have been the best lineman on the field for the bengals. He looked good today, I say expand his role.

I'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed, considering the Bengals just swept the entire division. Good to be 8-3, and good to have three running backs that can put up triple digits. Let's get that passing game going though. More poor pass protection like that will result in a laugher of a loss in Minnesota, where the running game is sure to stall a bit.

-The running game continues to look good. This team will be scary on the ground in December and January. How do you gameplan to stop Ced, LJ and Scott, who all have distinctly different styles and skillsets with the football?

-I'm concerned about the play of the OTs. Two weeks in the row we've lost the battle in pass protection. I saw both Roland and Whit get bullrushed right into Carson's lap on a few occassions. Hopefully, Dre continues to work his way into the lineup and Alexander gets the protection problem corrected.

-Penalties are a concern, especially the false starts. I can almost live with the holding, especially with how much we run the football. Mathis, Cook and Bobbie have played well all year.

-The Bengals probably miss Chris Henry more than they envisioned, and the drops continue to haunt Coles. Coles needs to be more consistent and someone out of the Caldwell/Simpson/Purify group needs to become a real threat in the passing game. I can see Purify developing into a Kevin Walter-type player for us in the near future.

-It wasn't the blowout win that all of the "experts" wanted to see, but you can never discount the rivalry factor anytime the Browns and the Bengals play. At any rate, I think it's a great win for the Bengals.

Were Cleveland's CB's so good they kept Chad in check? No, I think it is Palmer's arm. Just my opinion.

My opinion is that Palmer didn't have time in the pocket to let deep routes develop. He spent too much time bringing the ball down and running to make a play.

-Eh thats how last week should have went but with out the fumbles...

-Larry,Bernerd & Olines run blocking looked good

-Pass blocking was Eh and Roland seemed to struggle..

-Not alot of points but hey were 8-3 I'll take it

much better signature.

Season of Fists? or Firsts?

Said in the game thread, and will echo it here, a win's a win. I will take it. Still getting used to seeing them win with defense and a running game, so very VERY foreign for Cincy and their fans.

Echo something upstream, I think they are missing Henry in the passing game. No one else to stretch the field or give them the occasional downfield threat on this roster now to help CJ in that role. Makes a difference.

I'm glad Carson didn't get a concussion on that Sean Rogers horse collar. The Browns rushed two guys, with a third just occupying a zone on the left side, not actively trying to rush. They rushed two and flushed Carson, sacked him, and bounced his head off the turf. With two rushers.

It was the right side of the line getting repeatedly beat on pass rush, specifically, Roland. Second week in a row. I think D-Coordinators have figured something out about our line, maybe Andre can be the answer there, if ready.

Go Ravens.

Mmmmm...more tears of unfathomable sadness.

"Squashed like a bug." :lmao:

It amazes me Browns fans think Quinn has potential (from the comments section). He is awful.

Happy to be where the Bengals' are right now, but have serious concerns about the ability to actually win a playoff game, if they are still playing like this. Not a single 2nd half offensive touchdown in November. That's a problem.

I think D-Coordinators have figured something out about our line, maybe Andre can be the answer there, if ready.

Could be. I also wonder if all the shuffling around involved in the unbalanced line bit isn't fugging with the line's cohesion.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the blitz pickups have been poor, and it's hard to put a drive together when you're continuously giving plays away. Don't know if it's Carson or Cook not seeing things, but they gotta fix it.

But, as always, it's a W.

Rohland for some reason has been having trouble the last couple of weeks, but they need to get Mathis back in there. Living is good, but Mathis played much better so if he is healthy its time to get him back in there.

I still would love to see more pressure from the front 4, they were getting pressure with the blitzes but i would love to see the front 4 do more.