Any opinions on the Browns @ Bengals game?

BengalszoneBilly

I'm throwing this one out early this week because I see this game as pivotal for both teams. Cincinnati looked the best they have been all year against the reigning World Champions, while Cleveland looked far worse against the Ravens than we did in week one.

I'm predicting a win here, and I could give a rats ass who they start at QB. Cincy 31 - Clowns 17.

brownssuck.jpg

The Browns seem to be going backwards this season going 0-3 losing to Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. All 3 very good defensive teams. The Browns have been set back by alot of key injuries on both sides of the ball. The Bengals have lost to Baltimore, Tennessee, and the New York Giants. All 3 very good defensive teams as well. You would have to think that the Bengals can put up some serious points this week with Palmer playing better especially against a very weak Browns pass rush. I'd also say that Chris Perry could have a big day running the ball against the Browns defense. Unfortunately, the Bengals defense will give up some points this week to the Browns passing game. I do look for them to stop the Browns on the ground for the most part especially if they can get the lead early. The possibility of Quinn making a start makes me nervous as we always have problems against 2nd string QBs. Quinn is an accurate passer with the capability of making plays with his scrambling as well as his arm.

This may end up being a high scoring game Sunday with 2 potent offenses playing much weaker defenses than both have faced in the first 3 weeks.

Bengals 34

Browns 28

well, if we don't win this one, we're in serious trouble.

If we carry on from last week we'll win, but the Browns will play hard. If we can stop the run as well as we have done, get some sort of pressure on the qb- whoever it may be,and not give up the big play, we'll be ok.

However,we still have no interceptions and only 1 sack in 3 games and that has got to improve!!!

Offensively, the o line should have a slightly easier day than last week(!) so Palmer should have more time for the deep ball.Running game was decent enough last week, and that will obviosly help carson as well.

JUST WIN :sure:

Bengals 24

Browns 17

jon

This game will come down to our offensive line and how well they protect Palmer... We all know how terrible Cleveland's secondary is, Carson will shred the Browns in an all-out air attack if protection is good.

Palmer: 310 yds, 24/32 passing, 3 TD's, 0 ints.

Housh: 70 yds, 1 TD.

C. Johnson: 140 yds, 2 TD.

Perry: 98 yrd rush, 1 TD, 33 yrd rec.

Bengals - 27

Browns - 17

Two inept and incompetent teams go head to head. I predict a Bengals win with both Defences being crap but the Offences being equally useless at taking advantage.

Bengals 31 - 24 Browns

This game will come down to our offensive line and how well they protect Palmer... We all know how terrible Cleveland's secondary is, Carson will shred the Browns in an all-out air attack if protection is good.

Palmer: 310 yds, 24/32 passing, 3 TD's, 0 ints.

Housh: 70 yds, 1 TD.

C. Johnson: 140 yds, 2 TD.

Perry: 98 yrd rush, 1 TD, 33 yrd rec.

Bengals - 27

Browns - 17

We miss an extra point or something?

But im with you on the score. More like 30 something to the teens. Never let off of the gas. Keep pouring on if possible.

Im not over the loss from last year. And them stealing Rodgers. Run up the score!!!!

Browns 27

Bengals 16

Cleveland gets healthy against the sinking ship that is our Bengals. Let's call it the SS Imsonotmydad.

They proved that they can play hard and almost beat a very good team. Now they will prove (once again) that they don't feel like doing that every week. It's going to have to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

incompetent? not from what i saw sunday. hardly world-class, but when they apply themselves they can get things done. just don't ask the O-line to block. i imagine it's tough to get sacked six times (although at least one was hardly a sack), get up and put forth an almost game-winning effort against a better team on their own turf.

but they *do* let palmer get sacked. repeatedly.

the problem is the bengals knock off much better teams while losing to gimme's. much to their opponent's chagrin, the bengals kill play-off hopes while their own record is around .333, late in the season when it doesn't matter and they play loose. so, against the world champs, i wonder if they felt as if they had nothing to lose and felt loose as a result. from what i've seen and gathered, cincy should whale on the dawgs, but with so much at stake the pressure will really be on for a win, and a decisive one at that.

lose this one and the season is shot. that's not to say there's a terrific amount of hope for them if they do win because they're not known for their mental resiliency, but in a division where a 9-7 record likely will take them into the post-season, it's not totally out of the realm of possibility it, a marginal winning season, could happen (especially in a world where miami spanks new england).

the upshot, imo, is that the bengals will win, and it'll be their own perception of how well they really are at that point that determines whether or not they fall headlong into the abyss or attempt to pick up the pieces and make a concerted effort to finish out on top. there's no shame in losing to the world champions, and therein they have a great boost of confidence ~ lose to a lower echelon team, lower than even yours, and they're sunk.

incompetent? obviously there are glaring problems, but sunday was an amazing improvement, which i relegate to being able to jump over some mental stumbling blocks (i figured they'd really start to fall apart in the third quarter). okay, i'm not going to judge them better than they are based on one game any more than i'm going to say that new england isn't a post-season contender just because miami's astrological system happened to be aligned that day, but i will say they didn't look incompetent. inconsistent from game to game, yes, but that's parr for the course for these guys in general.

i'm sure that people who do this kind of thing for a living are smart enough to realize that you can't write off the bengals as an easy win... given that they show up to play. they may make an average player look like pro-bowl material, but it's just as likely they'll rape your secondary and hand your arse to you on a silver platter.

brownssuck.jpg

Unless I am missing the joke or something, I think the word that should be used is "accept", not "except". Nothing personal...just trying to help a fellow Bengal fan prevent giving the Browns fans any ammo. ;)

As far as my opinion on the game, I remain optomistic that they CAN win, I am just not confident that they WILL.

brownssuck.jpg

Unless I am missing the joke or something, I think the word that should be used is "accept", not "except". Nothing personal...just trying to help a fellow Bengal fan prevent giving the Browns fans any ammo. ;)

As far as my opinion on the game, I remain optomistic that they CAN win, I am just not confident that they WILL.

This game won't be reported on SC or NFL TV. They'll all pretend the Bengals and Browns had a bye week.

For the record, it will be 26 - 17.

Oh yeah, Bengals win.

I predict Bengals 31, Browns 27. Perry has his first 100-yard game and two TD's. Anderson (as struggling QB's always do that play the Bengals) bounces back with 350 yards passing and 2 TD's but is intercepted late in the 4th quarter by Hall to preserve the victory. T.J. with another nice game with 10 catches for over 100 yards and a TD

We've seen this movie before. Bengals get "up" for a big game. Bengals come close but ultimately lose. Bengals fans grant "moral victory" and believe the team is getting better. And so the vitriol directed at the team after it lays an egg the following week is especially bitter and angry.

In short, don't believe the hype.

Browns 35, Bengals 6.

We've seen this movie before. Bengals get "up" for a big game. Bengals come close but ultimately lose. Bengals fans grant "moral victory" and believe the team is getting better. And so the vitriol directed at the team after it lays an egg the following week is especially bitter and angry.

In short, don't believe the hype.

Browns 35, Bengals 6.

To paraphrase Oddball from the movie "Kelly's Heroes":

"What's with all the negative vibes, baby?"

I bet Billy knows that movie. For the rest of you...many of you haven't even seen Godfather so, meh.

Bengals' injury wave at CB helps Cleveland wake up offensively, Braylon Edwards goes off.

The Bengals' line really does play with pride, and Palmer stays upright, and CJ shows up for the first time this year.

But, what has been missing from 2008 so far to f**k Cincy? A bad call from an official to cost us at a crucial point in a game. We're overdue. Something happens in the 4th quarter to screw the team with a bad flag or early whistle or bad replay ruling, and Cleveland rides that bad call to the win.

34-31 sounds about right. 0-4 headed to Dallas.

incompetent? not from what i saw sunday. One decent game from 3 ISN't good enough (more if you include the ass-end of last season)

hardly world-class, but when they apply themselves they can get things done. How many 3 and outs have we had, how many 3rd and long have the opposition converted

just don't ask the O-line to block. Heaven forbid we'd ask them to do their job - hence the incompetence!!!!!

i imagine it's tough to get sacked six times (although at least one was hardly a sack), Ditto as above

get up and put forth an almost game-winning effort against a better team on their own turf. Just goes to show that perhaps NYG had a bad day (took it for granted perhaps??)

but they *do* let palmer get sacked. repeatedly. As above

in a division where a 9-7 record likely will take them into the post-season, sorry can't see that

the upshot, imo, is that the bengals will win, what if they DON'T - we beat the Browns and go to the play-offs on the back of a confidence boost? Or go 0-4 and disappear up our own ringpieces looking for Jeff Garcias calling card????

incompetent? YEP - in all areas - starting with the HC

obviously there are glaring problems, :angry:D'oh!

they'll rape your secondary and hand your arse to you on a silver platter. taxi for Mr. Garcia